Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

October Exceptional Story: Say it With Flowers Messages in this topic - RSS

Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

12 days ago
Ah, that explains why I have no recollection of meeting her at all. Thank you!

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
0 link
0bsidian Fire
0bsidian Fire

7 days ago
I feel like the Princess characterization from the Election onward is a set-up for how she is in Sunless Skies. And maybe a set-up for how she'll be in future ESs.

[spoiler]In Skies, the Princess is much more like her "seductive monster" characterization, but with a twist. When you ask her why she is traveling, she tells you the goal of any princess is not to remain so. That is, to stop being a princess and become a queen. Only with Victoria the way she is in Skies, she can't become the Queen of London/Albion. The Princess' story in Skies is about how she becomes a queen and how you either help her or stop her. It's very much a story about her being a monster, but also about her being your monster and you being responsible for how she ends up and certain... things she leaves behind. In some endings, you can end up acting like her even.

What I had been wondering though, was how she got to the point she wanted to be Queen. And loosing the Election and finding out people in London don't like her wouldn't be the worst starting point.[/spoiler]

--
Kharagal Mierqid - Bohemian Correspondent who is obsessed with the Language of Stars...
+1 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

6 days ago
Well, by that age,
[spoiler] she would be an actual queen somewhere, so given her ambitious nature it's not unthinkable that she would be running out of patience, especially in a place where Death does not work normally [/spoiler].
edited by Jolanda Swan on 10/15/2019

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
+1 link
phryne
phryne

3 days ago
Afraid this one was a bit of a mixed bag for me. I'd give it 3/5. Some very good bits, but also some rather tedious ones.
(Mild spoilers follow)

The story was very long, which is cool, but I played it over several days and forgot what I was doing a few times. The political implications of the quarreling royal siblings' schemes flew past me without really making sense and I felt rather lost at the final decision - tbh I had no idea what I was doing, but that was probably more down to me than to the writing. It's been a tough week.

I liked the beginning. Then, as in many stories, the moment the "monster" was revealed, a lot of the suspense was lost. And yeah, I agree with others in this thread that I preferred Femme Fatale Princess over Massive Bitch Princess. Big Grin I didn't much care about the love story arc, so the remainder of the story dragged on a bit. But at least I was given a new location to explore, which is one of my favourite things to do. smile

The whole flowers thing didn't catch on with me and the love birds massively got on my nerves by the end tbh.

There was nothing wrong with the writing, it's just that this story didn't push my buttons as much as others have. My favourite part of the whole story was probably the postal rat's visit in the epilogue. Big Grin

--
Exceptional Stories, sorted by Season and by writerFavours & Renown GuideDestiny Guide
Go play StoryNexus games - while you still can!
0 link
Shadowcthuhlu
Shadowcthuhlu

6 hours ago
The stories of the lovers hit pretty hard at Evensong's own struggles.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Dirae%20Erinyes
0 link