Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

September The Heretic of Hollow Street Messages in this topic - RSS

EmerySea
EmerySea

13 days ago
Are there any material rewards for this story? The ending I received has left me a tad confused. Hoping I didn't take a wrong turn at some point.
0 link
Flyingfly
Flyingfly

11 days ago
EmerySea wrote:
Are there any material rewards for this story? The ending I received has left me a tad confused. Hoping I didn't take a wrong turn at some point.

I believe at some point near the end, maybe when I persuaded the Chemist to turn back, it gave out an Searing Enigma. I just checked my possessions and didn't find any unique items for this ES now.

[spoiler]
Anyway, the story appears a bit confusing to me, by which I mean not the story itself, but the way the writer is telling it. For example I cut the Chemist's memory as soon as he mentioned the expedition, but then I still have options to ask about sacrifice and so on. But there were no answers so I had to guess what happened. It's not very hard to guess, but it barely suits the plot later, in which my character seemed to know everything so clear...
Also, the end. When I go through the ending part I was feeling like that's where it's about to approach the climax, like confronting Carrywell or staging a big escape, but it ended so fast... I understand that the player's character can't always be the leading role, but this end would be a waste of the great design of the Sweepers and the Rodent. I really liked that Rodent.
Oh and, I'm a Glassman. Besides the difference of text when talking to the other Glassman, there's also an additional option when looking into the mirror that says you recognised the Fingerkings. The art is that of Direful Reflection.[/spoiler]
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

11 days ago
Flyingfly wrote:
EmerySea wrote:

I believe at some point near the end, maybe when I persuaded the Chemist to turn back, it gave out an Searing Enigma. I just checked my possessions and didn't find any unique items for this ES now.

[spoiler]
Anyway, the story appears a bit confusing to me, by which I mean not the story itself, but the way the writer is telling it. For example I cut the Chemist's memory as soon as he mentioned the expedition, but then I still have options to ask about sacrifice and so on. But there were no answers so I had to guess what happened. It's not very hard to guess, but it barely suits the plot later, in which my character seemed to know everything so clear...
Also, the end. When I go through the ending part I was feeling like that's where it's about to approach the climax, like confronting Carrywell or staging a big escape, but it ended so fast... I understand that the player's character can't always be the leading role, but this end would be a waste of the great design of the Sweepers and the Rodent. I really liked that Rodent.
Oh and, I'm a Glassman. Besides the difference of text when talking to the other Glassman, there's also an additional option when looking into the mirror that says you recognised the Fingerkings. The art is that of Direful Reflection.[/spoiler]

Would you happen to have a link to echoes for those alternate options?

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Cider? Just say hi!

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

10 days ago
If you acquired the Comb, it appears in your Story qualities, not your inventory.

[spoiler]"The Innocuous Comb 1
You are surprised to find this still in your possession. Didn't you get rid of it a while ago?"[/spoiler]
edited by cathyr19355 on 9/11/2019

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
0 link
Flyingfly
Flyingfly

9 days ago
Optimatum wrote:
Flyingfly wrote:
EmerySea wrote:

[spoiler]

Would you happen to have a link to echoes for those alternate options?

I've got a screenshot here.

The icon next to the GO button says it's unlocked by the profession Glassman. The option text says something like "you're familiar with these snakes", but I didn't screenshot that.
+1 link