Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Guide to Arbor Messages in this topic - RSS

dov
dov

17 days ago
fafer.forums wrote:
Can you leave Arbor without reseting Permission to Linger and keep what you have for next visit?

The only way to leave is by removing all Permissions to Linger.

Attar does remain for future visits, as is your relative location within Arbor.

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
0 link
fafer.forums
fafer.forums

17 days ago
dov wrote:
fafer.forums wrote:
Can you leave Arbor without reseting Permission to Linger and keep what you have for next visit?

The only way to leave is by removing all Permissions to Linger.

Attar does remain for future visits, as is your relative location within Arbor.

Oh, ok. 70 lingers to go with 276 attar in pocket. Any recommendations when to start visiting queen for rare success?

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Fafer
0 link
dov
dov

17 days ago
fafer.forums wrote:
Oh, ok. 70 lingers to go with 276 attar in pocket. Any recommendations when to start visiting queen for rare success?

On average, you'll probably need about 5 attempts for the rare success, so the theoretical number is to leave 7 Permission (2 to travel south to the Palcace, and 5 for the attempts with the Queen).

However, results will vary around that "5 attempts" number (which might not even be accurate), so it's a question of how you feel about risk/reward:

If the rare success happens sooner (yay!), this means you've "wasted" some Permission which could have been spent on getting more Attar. You'l;l also then need to spend some actions to leave Arbor.

On the other hand, if the rare success doesn't appear for a while (boo!), then you might exhaust your Permission and have to leave Arbor. But you can continue where you left off when you next draw the card, so it's just a delay, not a setback.

Personally, when I do this in the hundreds, I'm OK with "wasting" some Permission and usually go to the Queen with roughly 7-10 Permission remaining.

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
0 link
fafer.forums
fafer.forums

16 days ago
So i got lucky and got 134 FiHP from first try.

Which brings the math to:
424 Actions (card, spying, walking, converting, gifting queen)
1675 E earned, so 3,95 EPA.

In conclusion, if you are pursuing a goal that needs several thousands echoes and don't need to do anything else, ~4 EPA is great. Otherwise, spy embassy for 25E and continue business as usual.
edited by fafer.forums on 9/5/2019

--
0 link
dov
dov

16 days ago
fafer.forums wrote:
So i got lucky and got 134 FiHP from first try.

Which brings the math to:
424 Actions (card, spying, walking, converting, gifting queen)
1675 E earned, so 3,95 EPA.

In conclusion, if you are pursuing a goal that needs several thousands echoes and don't need to do anything else, ~4 EPA is great. Otherwise, spy embassy for 25E and continue business as usual.

Did you use one card, or work over multiple card draws?

Did you generate Implications or used up existing ones?

----
edited by dov on 9/5/2019

--
0 link
dov
dov

16 days ago
Update: After 100 recorded attempts gifting Attar to the queen, I've received the rare success 24 times.

That's still a too low sample size to draw conclusive conclusions, but we're narrowing down on a number.

With a confidence level of 95%, the actual rare success rate is somewhere between 16% and 33.6%.

--
0 link
fafer.forums
fafer.forums

16 days ago
dov wrote:

----

Didn't really follow how i got Implications but i guess more then half were from spying embassy since Arbor become available.
Conversion to P2L and then Attar were all within single card.

--
0 link
dov
dov

15 days ago
fafer.forums wrote:
dov wrote:

----

Didn't really follow how i got Implications but i guess more then half were from spying embassy since Arbor become available.
Conversion to P2L and then Attar were all within single card.

That sounds about right:
  • Using only pre-existing Implications converges towards 4.375 EPA (but is limited by how many you have going in).
  • Using only Implications you generate in Arbor converges towards 3.125 EPA (but you can repeat as much as you want)

--
0 link
Dudebro Pyro
Dudebro Pyro

15 days ago
By the way, here's my attempt to calculate optimal grinds. A relatively conservative non-EF grind (120 actions per day, for 13 days with one day free) is achieved by trading in 1170 EIs for Permission. An active EF (perfect 136 actions per day, again with one day off out of 14) should cycle through 1326 EIs. In both cases, the grind cycle involves paying all the EIs for Permission, using half the permission to get exactly the same amount of EIs back, and the other half on grinding Attar.
This isn't a strict number, since doing more or less will simply leave more or less time to spend in London while waiting for two TtHs (or equivalently give more or less slack for missing some actions), though the actions to cash in the Attar with the Queen are included in this "slack" (and while in London, there should be enough time to draw the card again - though using Flash Lay resets can make that a lot easier).
In terms of returns, while it depends on gifting luck as usual, assuming usual odds that leads to about 436 FiHP over a bit over 1780 actions for EFs, leading to just over 3.05-3.06EPA. The equivalent grind for non-EFs gives 384 FiHP over ~1575 actions (3.04-3.05EPA). This is the optimal grind, since skipping TtH is never worth it for the absolutely minuscule improvements beyond this point.
edited by Dudebro Pyro on 9/11/2019

--
Dudebro Pyro, eccentric scholar

Spare Starveling Kitties always welcome. I collect them.
For that matter, send me your unwanted cat boxes too.
0 link
Ribauldequin
Ribauldequin

1 days ago
Are there any differences between ambassadors and non-ambs? Also, how about the character who accompanied the player back then in Hallowmas? Will there be any snippets variations or something?
0 link
Dudebro Pyro
Dudebro Pyro

1 days ago
A couple of storylets have different text - notably, around the Embassy - but to my knowledge there are no mechanical differences. I went with the Contrarian at Hallowmas and haven't seen hide nor hair of him now, nor any indication at all about possible precense or even mention of the others.

--
Dudebro Pyro, eccentric scholar

Spare Starveling Kitties always welcome. I collect them.
For that matter, send me your unwanted cat boxes too.
0 link