Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Fruits of the Zee! Messages in this topic - RSS

phryne
phryne

8/31/2019
æsc wrote:
I can't seem to get back to the Wrecking Cove...the last 2 times I've gone fishing, I just never get the option to give Mrs Plenty (er, the Hooded Lady) the Strange Catch. I tried going back to London and coming back, I've tried doing some other storylets...is there something I'm missing? Clearly from the posts here, there's not a limit. I got the mask and the Submerged Rector, but haven't been able to try for anything else. And I want the bloody bicycle!

Thanks!

Wait, shouldn't the Feast have ended yesterday?

Hannah Flynn wrote:
The festival begins today, 19th August, and will end on the 30th.

If you're still able to play Feast storylets, Idk, just keep trying? Generally, it's just bad luck if the Hooded Lady eludes you. But it's possible something went wrong on FB's side...
edited by phryne on 8/31/2019

--
Exceptional Stories, sorted by Season and by writerFavours & Renown GuideDestiny Guide
Go play StoryNexus games - while you still can!
+2 link
Grouchybeast
Grouchybeast

8/31/2019
æsc wrote:
I can't seem to get back to the Wrecking Cove...the last 2 times I've gone fishing, I just never get the option to give Mrs Plenty (er, the Hooded Lady) the Strange Catch. I tried going back to London and coming back, I've tried doing some other storylets...is there something I'm missing? Clearly from the posts here, there's not a limit. I got the mask and the Submerged Rector, but haven't been able to try for anything else. And I want the bloody bicycle!

You were probably just unlucky. The range of Sights of the Festival at which you get the Hooded Lady is only 86-100, whereas the Curate and Chef options are 67-100. You're actually slightly more likely to get them without her than with her.

One of my characters is still on Mutton Island, and he just turned in a catch to the Hooded Lady without any problem. (Hello, Wrecking Boots!)
edited by Grouchybeast on 8/31/2019

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Elizabeth%20Malroye
0 link
Krysin
Krysin

8/31/2019
phryne wrote:

Heh, I'm not complaining. smile
But ya, weird.

--
I am Krysin.
0 link
æsc
æsc

8/31/2019
Yes, but I also am not complaining. Probably not going to have any luck though!

Krysin wrote:
phryne wrote:

Heh, I'm not complaining. smile
But ya, weird.

--
Dr Cecily Morgan
an inescapable, sagacious, irresistible and breathtaking lady.
Devoted Scholar of the Correspondance, Author, and Excellent Dancer.

No photographers please. Most pleasant socials, invitations and calling cards welcome. Happy to accept Guest of Honour invites to salons looking for Authors.
0 link
æsc
æsc

8/31/2019
Got it! It took Fate in the end (I didn't want to risk trying over again, when the Festival is supposed to be over anyway) but I have acquired my skeletal velocipede. wink

--
Dr Cecily Morgan
an inescapable, sagacious, irresistible and breathtaking lady.
Devoted Scholar of the Correspondance, Author, and Excellent Dancer.

No photographers please. Most pleasant socials, invitations and calling cards welcome. Happy to accept Guest of Honour invites to salons looking for Authors.
+1 link
Krysin
Krysin

9/2/2019
Ugh. You should really allow people to cash in their strange catches before return to London.

--
I am Krysin.
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

9/2/2019
Hannah Flynn wrote:
The festival begins today, 19th August, and will end on the 30th.
The festival really ended today instead of Friday.
The extra 3 days were more than enough.

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
ESs items and quality requirements sheet
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
0 link
Dudebro Pyro
Dudebro Pyro

9/3/2019
While that's fair, most seasonal events lock obtaining seasonal items once they end, but keep cash-in options open for one or two weeks.
FotZ has always been an exception, but I can understand the sentiment.

--
Dudebro Pyro, eccentric scholar

Spare Starveling Kitties always welcome. I collect them.
For that matter, send me your unwanted cat boxes too.
0 link