Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Your Election Winner for 1897! Messages in this topic - RSS

silurica
silurica
Posts: 131

7/30/2019
I can confirm that yes, he is the default Ambassador to Arbor for those who missed the event. It's a neat legacy, but sadly has nothing to do with his Election promises at all (which from I've seen is the point of disappointment for some people).

--
Meika Osborne, the Reckless Researcher
Leonard West, the Scarlet Informant
+4 link
Winthropx
Winthropx
Posts: 83

7/30/2019
silurica wrote:
I can confirm that yes, he is the default Ambassador to Arbor for those who missed the event. It's a neat legacy, but sadly has nothing to do with his Election promises at all (which from I've seen is the point of disappointment for some people).


That’s fair. I was looking forward to seeing what he was doing during his weekend too. Did any exceptional stories mention him as Mayor? I know the stone guest did for Feducci.

--
Bishop Winthrop, a kind-hearted soul
A Paramount Presence
I accept all social actions
His Appearance
http://community.failbettergames.com/topic9363-your-characters-appearances.aspx?messageid=229809&Page=10#post#post229809
+1 link
Siankan
Siankan
Posts: 846

7/30/2019
Hannah Flynn wrote:
Once fully situated, a new mayoral card will become available in your Opportunity Deck. News of her work will crop up from time to time during her year in power.

My character is in no way enthused by this, but as a player I'm rather excited. One of the continual strains in electoral feedback is that we want to see more of an impact from our choices, and this seems to promise it. Now, I could be getting my hopes up; one holiday appearance and a Christmas Fate story would technically be "[cropping] up from time to time." However, it does sound like we'll see Virginia a bit more than the past mayoral average.

Does this mean we will, in fact, get St. Melliflua's Sanitarium for Poor Unfortunate Souls? Oh, probably not--but a boy can hope.

--
Prof. Sian Kan, at your service.
+1 link
Tuxi
Tuxi
Posts: 14

7/31/2019
silurica wrote:
... sadly has nothing to do with his Election promises at all (which from I've seen is the point of disappointment for some people).



It's this for me. I've enjoyed the Contrarian's seasonal appearances – FotZ in particular was great, and I've read echoes from Hallowmas and the envoy heist (as he is not ambassador for me) that are also lovely – but none of them are things that happened because he was mayor, just things that happened during his term that he therefore took part in. We've got a good amount of his character, but I also voted for him because of his plans. The mayor card's hooks were great (hiding from Ministry officials, unknown weekend business), so I am disappointed that it didn't even really get a mention at all after that.

--
The Gentle Intermediary
+2 link
Diptych
Diptych
Administrator
Posts: 3394

7/31/2019
Well, we can't be sure that he hasn't held a Constables' Ball.

--
Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
+2 link
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Posts: 1034

8/15/2019
New Mayor card is out. Options are Church and Devils.

I'll be missing those Revolutionaries favors... /tear

--
Be of good cheer. Our contacts have assured us that your sins are forgiven.
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman
Posts: 1858

8/15/2019
Kaijyuu wrote:
New Mayor card is out. Options are Church and Devils.


I'll be missing those Revolutionaries favors... /tear
I know the feel, but needed *only* 327 more cards (~25%) to reach LoN 50 is somehow comforting.
Because I just assume that the next mayor won't have revolutionary connection,but with the less favourite classes and individuals!

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
0 link
Aardvark
Aardvark
Posts: 93

8/15/2019
Tuxi wrote:
silurica wrote:
... sadly has nothing to do with his Election promises at all (which from I've seen is the point of disappointment for some people).



It's this for me. I've enjoyed the Contrarian's seasonal appearances – FotZ in particular was great, and I've read echoes from Hallowmas and the envoy heist (as he is not ambassador for me) that are also lovely – but none of them are things that happened because he was mayor, just things that happened during his term that he therefore took part in. We've got a good amount of his character, but I also voted for him because of his plans. The mayor card's hooks were great (hiding from Ministry officials, unknown weekend business), so I am disappointed that it didn't even really get a mention at all after that.



Agreed completely. As much as I enjoyed the Ceremony, I was also quite disappointed as it was the first year since establishment of the Election when the Christmas Fate story had no connection with the Mayor or their plans. Doubly disappointing personally since it was also the only time when a candidate I supported actually won, and a character with some of the best, most engaging and endearing writing in the game as far as I am concerned.

Let us hope that it wasn't the last we've heard from the Contrarian. August now and forever!

--
Sir Reginald Monteroy, Correspondent
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Sir Reginald Monteroy

Will gladly come teach at your Orphanage, if you PM me in game.
+2 link
PSGarak
PSGarak
Posts: 672

8/15/2019
...why is everyone in the spas so interested in Rubbery Men?

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/PSGarak
0 link
Winthropx
Winthropx
Posts: 83

8/16/2019
PSGarak wrote:
...why is everyone in the spas so interested in Rubbery Men?


At least in SSkies, there’s something odd about their souls

--
Bishop Winthrop, a kind-hearted soul
A Paramount Presence
I accept all social actions
His Appearance
http://community.failbettergames.com/topic9363-your-characters-appearances.aspx?messageid=229809&Page=10#post#post229809
0 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond
Posts: 2316

8/16/2019
Winthropx wrote:
PSGarak wrote:
...why is everyone in the spas so interested in Rubbery Men?


At least in SSkies, there’s something odd about their souls


Given that the new Fallen London spa is the idea of Virginia, a Devil, it would make perfect sense for Rubbery Men to have odd souls as well.

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
0 link
Tsar Koschei
Tsar Koschei
Posts: 142

8/16/2019
I'm not entirely sure what's going on with this spa business, but it's all very fascinating!

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Tsar%20Koschei

No chess, loitering, friendly sparring, coffee at Caligula's or Affluent Photographer, please.
0 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan
Posts: 1431

29 days ago
Perhaps there will be a story about the Contrarian's business in the future? I too am disappointed, but there are still plenty of places (Festivals, ES) where the story can unfold.
As for the spa, I am pleasantly surprised it turned out so disturbing - everything else would have been a betrayal of Virginia's character.

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
+1 link
12




Powered by Jitbit Forum 8.0.2.0 © 2006-2013 Jitbit Software