Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Off topic: The Surface

Discuss topics unrelated to our games here - as ever, be courteous and have fun!

Random 3D art for FL Messages in this topic - RSS

Valiant
Valiant

4/2/2019
Few years ago I made a 3d render of suite in hotel Bethlehem (wow, that was a long time ago). I continue to make something Fallen London related from time to time so I decided to make this thread to avoid littering the forum with different ones every time.
Anyway, here's an aristic rendition of Majestic Pleasure Yacht! It took more than a year of on-and-off modelling (this time all by myself, so many new things learned...), so I decided to finish with it for now. I tried to make it as technically correct as possible, with few adjustments for the Neath.

Warning - huge pictures inside.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

--
Sir Valiant Carrington, a heartless hedonist and honorary governor of Port Carnelian. You can ask him for a sip of Cider (here's how by an_ocelot) if you catch him in London.
Farshin Jarrah, merry trickster and incorrigible optimist.
Serine, gone down the well but not forgotten.

Avatar artwork by lovely Farseer Drijya
+8 link
earthbourn
earthbourn

4/2/2019
Very cool! I love all the details, especially the string lights. Makes me proud to own the Yacht.

--
Tenterhook - A sun-seared creature learning to be human.
The Mechanist, L. - Found what she was looking for. Gone now.
0 link
Raccoonajr
Raccoonajr

4/2/2019
Wonderful work! That really is majestic.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Raccoonajr
0 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

4/3/2019
Wonderful. Are you going to do something with it?

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
0 link
Iyaiyai
Iyaiyai

4/3/2019
Pretty! Lightning possibilities is my favourite aspect of 3D graphics. I used to learn Blender but I abandoned it...

--
Iyaiyai - a social creature (if depraved)
0 link
Valiant
Valiant

4/3/2019
Thanks, glad you like it!

Jolanda Swan wrote:
Wonderful. Are you going to do something with it?

Nothing at the moment, though I'm open to suggestions. I thought to add more details and incorporate it into Part Carnelian landscape or something, but that's for the far far far future I'm afraid.

Iyaiyai wrote:
Pretty! Lightning possibilities is my favourite aspect of 3D graphics. I used to learn Blender but I abandoned it...

I agree, it's really interesting to work with lighting. That's also the part I'm still pretty bad at, sadly.

--
Sir Valiant Carrington, a heartless hedonist and honorary governor of Port Carnelian. You can ask him for a sip of Cider (here's how by an_ocelot) if you catch him in London.

0 link
Valiant
Valiant

8/31/2019
I made a model of Moloch locomotive for Failbetter's Sunless Skies contest last year in about two weeks. I liked the lighting and model in general, but smoke/fire effects were awful and model and materials far from ideal so I took some time to improve them. Result can be found in the link on inside the spoiler (large images as always)

[spoiler]
Fist render

New one and close-ups

[/spoiler]

--

+2 link
Valiant
Valiant

10/25/2019
A quick scene of jungle on Carnelian Coast. Something like when you go to get your reward from tigers, maybe.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

--

+1 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

10/25/2019
Tickets please!

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

10/25/2019
Someone's been busy using shinny new colours!

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
0 link
Gul al-Ahlaam
Gul al-Ahlaam

11/1/2019
Oh, this is so gorgeous! :O If there were ever a 3D Echo Bazaar-verse game it'd have to be in this style. It's so dreamy and dramatic.

--
The Uncanny Hierophant.
The Delicate Princeling.
0 link
Hannah Flynn
Hannah Flynn
Administrator

11/4/2019
Beautiful!

--
Wields the news canon, aboard the hype train.
0 link
Valiant
Valiant

11/7/2019
Awww thanks!

--

0 link