Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Sea

A game of survival, trade and exploration in the universe of Fallen London

Tribulations of a Translator (POTENTIAL SPOILERS) Messages in this topic - RSS

Cpt. Eructus
Cpt. Eructus

10 days ago
Aaaargh!

I finally bouhgt and installed Zubmariner assuming my backup translated dll files were in order (they were last time I checked), but when I was about to copy them back to the game directory, I realized one of the two was missing, SunlessGame.dll, the biggest of the two. I have no idea what happenned to it, whether I inadvertently deleted it or what.
I've been unable to recover it so I'll have to translate it again from scratch, which is going to set me back somewhat (it's not so much text compared to the whooping 80% of events.json still to be translated, but it's a pain to hunt for every translatable string in the dll. Again).

It's my own damn fault for not double checking the backups were in place before installing the DLC. Just needed to vent a little.
edited by Cpt. Eructus on 11/29/2019
0 link
Cpt. Eructus
Cpt. Eructus

2 days ago
Does anybody know where these interactions are stored in the game files? You know, the ones where you see something on the zee-floor, sail over it and get some minor reward through a log message, without triggering a proper event, like extra oxygen from a vent, supplies from a wreck or terror form a constant companion husk.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/787497987671317620/B5E5DD26C87F7B9DBFD789D8356CB7102F869674/

I've been unable to find them neither in the json files nor the dlls, but they must be somewhere.
edited by Cpt. Eructus on 12/7/2019
0 link