Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Skies

For the discussion of our Sunless Skies, released January 2019.

Faster Engines Required Messages in this topic - RSS

moochoo
moochoo

2/17/2019
Ground my way up to the 19,500 gold engine from the basic starter only to find it moves at the same glacial pace across the map. I can find no engine upgrades and it seems the only way to increase the engine speed is to cheat with CheatEngine as suggested here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/596970/discussions/0/1778261844035482001/?l=english&ctp=1

I'd like to finish this game (the artwork is superb and the story and writing pretty enjoyable so far), but spending 10's of minutes traversing from one side of a map to another let alone then having to rinse and repeat in a separate realm to reach my destination, is just too much real time. Please consider boosting the engine's top speeds - perhaps there could be some sort of long acceleration curve and reduced manoeuvrability to ensure it takes a while to get "up to steam" if there's a concern about unbalancing the game.

Either way, the shiny gold engine should have a top speed of at least 3x, please consider making it so.
edited by moochoo on 2/17/2019
+1 link
divineDerivative
divineDerivative

2/17/2019
I agree that it can take way too long to travel from place to place after initial exploration. I got to a point where I was ready to retire, but wrapping up the last few loose ends took actual days. I'd like something similar to 'take 12' from D&D. Instant travel to a port with the appropriate fuel/supplies deducted and some random hull damage and terror. There's still plenty of reasons to take the long way, but sometimes you just want to finish a quest before bedtime.
+2 link
NotaWalrus
NotaWalrus

2/18/2019
The best engine is Cheat Engine. It is very easy to set up and use and the speedhack functionality will save your hours of boredom.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/NotaWalrus
Ignacious, the Licentious Scholar, he will accept most social invitations, including boxed cats and affluent photographers (but only betrayals), though he is absent-minded and might take more time than entirely necessary. He apologizes.

Good evening from Ignacious
Ignacious's Backtory
+1 link
earthbourn
earthbourn

3/8/2019
What if we could spend Unseasoned Hours to travel faster, since that's already in the lore?

--
Tenterhook - A sun-seared creature learning to be human.
The Mechanist, L. - Found what she was looking for. Gone now.
+1 link