Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

An Intimate of Devils... Beyond 20 Messages in this topic - RSS

Luna Moulton
Luna Moulton

2/6/2019
Due to FotER, it is possible to increase An Intimate of Devils at any level. This means you can increase it to 21 and beyond if you have lost your soul. Is this an oversight, or is there content that way?

--
Sir Wensleydale of Hardwick- Monochromatic Myrmidon, Newspaper Editor, Legendary Charisma, Correspondent.

Mr Netae- SEEKING MR EATEN'S NAME

Aaron Wimbleton- Private Detective. Some Medical Experience.

Clara Stevens
Half-Devil. ... don’t question it.

Luna Moulton
The Woman Behind the Characters; might be a sociopath, we don’t know.
0 link
Barse
Barse

2/6/2019
I don't think there's any content here, but for those doubters left amongst you...

--
The Scorched Sailor, up for most social actions and RP. Not as scary as he looks.
+3 link
Lady Sapho Byron
Lady Sapho Byron

2/6/2019
BTW, this even works if you lost your soul and then got it back.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Lady%20Sapho%20L%20Byron
Fighting the Menace of Corsetry Since 1892.
0 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

2/7/2019
Does it work if you have never lost your soul? I would love to get rid of the cards but I am not willing to give my soul up.

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

2/7/2019
Jolanda Swan wrote:
Does it work if you have never lost your soul? I would love to get rid of the cards but I am not willing to give my soul up.
Yup, that's why I announced this reminder and it seems there are cooler things! As in raise the quality beyond 20!!! Big Grin

Copy+paste from the feast thread:

Want to remind you all that this time of the year, you can get rid of the devils by skipping to the end of the An Intimate of Devils story without selling your soul.

Using one of the Feast card's option (from A dance with devils! branch), you gain, on average 0.8 CP of the required quality and to get from level 15 to level 18 you need 51 CP so, on average 64 cards.

Thanks to Sir Wensleydale of Hardwick for pointing that you can use one of the two level 12 cards to increase this quality to level 15 without taking any risks.

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
0 link
silurica
silurica

2/7/2019
It also works even when your soul is stained (and the only way to gain the quality in such condition if you want it for RP or other reasons).

--
Meika Osborne, the Reckless Researcher
Leonard West, the Scarlet Informant
Chizuru Nishiooji, the Rueful Ex-Diplomat
0 link
D
D

2/7/2019
Jolanda Swan wrote:

Level 18 locks all the Intimate of Devils cards out of your deck without you having sold your soul. Getting there can be time consuming. (I had a long lucky series on Serious Offer, then spent 7 Fate on the last one.)

--
The Androgyne Libertine - Explore Every Present
- Shattering Force, Crooked Cross. Accepts patronage requests and salon invitations.
The Liminal Witch - Fight for the Future
- Shattering Force. Accepts patronage requests.
The Inexorable Scrivener - Read What Was, Write What Is, Search For What Is Yet To Be
- Correspondent, Extraordinary Mind. Accepts patronage requests and orphanage invitations.
The Boneless Detective - Sought the Name.
0 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

2/7/2019
I will definitely give it a try! Not sure if I can get there till the end of the Feast, but it would be so worth it.

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

2/7/2019
Jolanda Swan wrote:
I will definitely give it a try! Not sure if I can get there till the end of the Feast, but it would be so worth it.
You can use the Feast's option for an average or 0.8 CP to speed things up, but you'll waste other valuable card options.
But you'll beat the devils at their game!

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
0 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

2/8/2019
The plan is to get it to 12, use Fate to get to 18, then use the Feast card to get to 20 so they don't bother me anymore. Hope that works!

--
0 link
D
D

2/8/2019
Jolanda Swan wrote:
The plan is to get it to 12, use Fate to get to 18, then use the Feast card to get to 20 so they don't bother me anymore. Hope that works!

You don't need to get it to 20; getting it to 18 removes the cards from your deck.

--
- Shattering Force, Crooked Cross. Accepts patronage requests and salon invitations.
The Inexorable Scrivener - Read What Was, Write What Is, Search For What Is Yet To Be
- Correspondent, Extraordinary Mind. Accepts patronage requests and orphanage invitations.
0 link
D
D

2/8/2019
D wrote:
Jolanda Swan wrote:

You don't need to get it to 20; getting it to 18 removes the cards from your deck.

Although that does raise the question - if you've never sold your soul, and you bump your Intimate of Devils quality up to 20, what happens? (I'm sure the answer is "the same thing that happens if you get your Intimate of Devils to 20 any other way" currently, but what /should/ happen?)

--
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

2/8/2019
D wrote:
Although that does raise the question - if you've never sold your soul, and you bump your Intimate of Devils quality up to 20, what happens? (I'm sure the answer is "the same thing that happens if you get your Intimate of Devils to 20 any other way" currently, but what /should/ happen?)
FL uses qualities to track your progress with a story and 20 is the level the quality is set after you lose your soul to the devils; thus, marking an end to the story and those pesky cards.
RP wise: you become very intimate with the devils, but they never managed to trick you into giving them your soul!

--
0 link
Jermaine Vendredi
Jermaine Vendredi

2/8/2019
What about the card "A devil has taken a shine to you"? Or is that only the result of Hell Renown 5 (for profession)? I'm drowning in church favours (from sending him about his business).

--
No plant battles, please.
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Jermion
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

2/8/2019
Jermaine Vendredi wrote:
What about the card "A devil has taken a shine to you"? Or is that only the result of Hell Renown 5 (for profession)? I'm drowning in church favours (from sending him about his business).
Yes, but favours aren't that profitable anymore with the current expeditions.
Because of the card bug, this one has 4 requirements which means it really has a 400% frequency. If you really need Church favours for renown or candles, it is a valid option. But echo wise, once you hit 267 Watchful with gear, it's not. Instead of getting a 2.1 EPA card, you may get a nice Dock favour one!
Like An evening's zailing which I find it very hard to part from it! But I will have to advance the Lab at a point!

--
0 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

2/12/2019
One last question...
Hypothetically, if I spend Fate on the Devils' card, I do not even need the feast of the rose card to get rid of the devils? I am at 15 now, and I can either spend fate or use the Feast options. I would love to know that even if I have bad luck with the Feast, Fate will still get me through.
edited by Jolanda Swan on 2/13/2019

--
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

2/12/2019
Fate will work but may be expensive.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Cider? Just say hi!

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

2/13/2019
Great! So I can go with the card and if the RNG fails me, I can complete it with Fate. Thank you.

--
0 link
NNNnobody
NNNnobody

2/13/2019
It does even work if your soul is intensely repulsive for devils. I will make them regret...again.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/NNNnobody
0 link
Luna Moulton
Luna Moulton

2/13/2019
Congratulations for that discovery.

--
Sir Wensleydale of Hardwick- Monochromatic Myrmidon, Newspaper Editor, Legendary Charisma, Correspondent.

Mr Netae- SEEKING MR EATEN'S NAME

Aaron Wimbleton- Private Detective. Some Medical Experience.

Clara Stevens
Half-Devil. ... don’t question it.

Luna Moulton
The Woman Behind the Characters; might be a sociopath, we don’t know.
0 link