Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Skies

For the discussion of our Sunless Skies, released January 2019.

Oh my god the WRITING! Peerless! Messages in this topic - RSS

ekidhardt
ekidhardt

2/5/2019
I've been playing games since the Nintendo was released, since basically forever. And at this juncture in my life, the best writing I've seen for a game had been the Divinity Original Sin series, of all the games, ever.

Well, Divinity just got crushed, manhandled and curb stomped by Sunless Skies. Your writers deserve trophies.

I'm just speechless at every corner about how eloquent, diverse, polished and perfectly said---EVERYTHING is. I feel like I'm becoming a better writer just by reading that which is clearly a peerless demonstration on how to write English beautifully. The writing is artistry; it's beautiful.

The Sunless Skies writing team has created the most well written game that has ever been produced, no question, and no competition. Incredible job.

I'm only half way through, but I'm genuinely looking forward to every future sentence that you wordsmiths have forged.

Blown away. Hats off. Congratulations & Thank You!
+14 link
Fomentador
Fomentador

2/6/2019
If you haven't yet, you should really check Sunless Sea also, it's another great achievement in writing.
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

2/6/2019
Fomentador wrote:
If you haven't yet, you should really check Sunless Sea also, it's another great achievement in writing.
Indeed, indeed! That's how I got to Fallen London and that's how I got hooked to this universe!

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
0 link
Siankan
Siankan

2/6/2019
ekidhardt wrote:
The Sunless Skies writing team has created the most well written game that has ever been produced, no question, and no competition.

Well, I wouldn't say no competition. Have you played their other games?

--
Prof. Sian Kan, at your service.
0 link
ekidhardt
ekidhardt

2/7/2019
No actually, I haven't played their other games. But it doesn't surprise me that they're their only competition.
0 link
Siankan
Siankan

2/7/2019
You're formally invited to Fallen London, then. (Sunless Sea also has excellent writing, but might be hard to ratchet down to after Sunless Skies.) If you take advantage of that invitation, through my character a line and he'll help you get settled in. Profile link is in the signature.

--
Prof. Sian Kan, at your service.
+1 link
NotaWalrus
NotaWalrus

2/8/2019
ekidhardt wrote:
No actually, I haven't played their other games. But it doesn't surprise me that they're their only competition.

Fallen London is the wonderful words distilled. You will likely enjoy it

Sunless Sea is very clunky by comparison and full of questionable design, but the words are as great as they've ever been.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/NotaWalrus
Ignacious, the Licentious Scholar, he will accept most social invitations, including boxed cats and affluent photographers (but only betrayals), though he is absent-minded and might take more time than entirely necessary. He apologizes.

Good evening from Ignacious
Ignacious's Backtory
0 link