Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeStoryNexus » Creator Worlds: playtesting and announcements

What the community and third parties are building in StoryNexus

Gamedev Conference Simulator Messages in this topic - RSS

Bricabrac
Bricabrac

1/23/2019
Hello!
Last year I made Gamedev Conference Simulator, a Storynexus game about being a small game developer in a big, big gamedev conference.
I'd like to post a big update for the next GDC, but I need feedback!

Stuff I'd like to work on:
  • Despite the narrative emphasis on surviving the conference, there aren't actual survival mechanics. I'd like to add a bad ending, but also a new stat to measure your success (Twitter follower, perhaps?)
    Questions: does the game feel balanced right now? Is it easy to balance your character's stress?

• New storylets! The afterparties especially needs more events.
    Questions: is the writing fun? Is it easy to understand the situation even for players who aren't game developers?

Any feedback/bug report/general help will be appreciated! \m/

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Daniel%20Ember
+2 link
Luna Moulton
Luna Moulton

1/23/2019
The game feels unbalanced in favor of the player. I had to try to get Stress to five. The writing is fun, and easy to understand.

How about adding a new option to the Stress penalty that says "Maybe you can stay out a little longer." It takes 5 minutes, but increases your Stress. If Stress hits 8, there should be a new penalty: going to the hospital! Because your heart has given out at that point, and you need some kind of help.

--
Sir Wensleydale of Hardwick- Monochromatic Myrmidon, Newspaper Editor, Legendary Charisma, Poet-Laureate of the Neath, Correspondent.

Mr Netae- SEEKING MR EATEN'S NAME

Aaron Wimbleton- Private Detective. Some Medical Experience.

Clara Stevens
Half-Devil. ... don’t question it.

Luna Moulton
The Woman Behind the Characters; might be a sociopath, we don’t know.
0 link