Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Election

A place for in-game political discussion.

1897 Mayoral Candidates Discussion Messages in this topic - RSS

Anne Auclair
Anne Auclair

5/22/2019
JamesSilver wrote:
Aye to:

Vavakx Nonexus wrote:
I'd like to back the earlier suggestion of Monsieur Pleat.

Meaux wrote:
The Honey-Addled Detective, I suppose it might be similar to the Implacable Detective but this guy needs some love, he's had an "Impossible" storylet for as long as I can remember.

JaneAnkhVeos wrote:
2. The Manager of the Royal Beth. London is one big madhouse, so we need a man with some experience. And charisma. And I wonder what political intrigues he may be up to as May.

Reinol von Lorica wrote:

The Honey Addled Detective.
The Manager of the Royal Bethlehem.

The ultimate election in my opinion.

Monsieur Pleat, the Honey-Addled Detective, and the Manager of the Royal Beth... So, two mentally unstable candidates, and a third candidate trying to lock them both up?
edited by Anne Auclair on 5/22/2019

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Anne%20Auclair
+3 link
Siankan
Siankan

5/23/2019
I'm sorry, but which one is supposed to be mentally stable again?

--
Prof. Sian Kan, at your service.
+5 link
JaneAnkhVeos
JaneAnkhVeos

5/23/2019
Anne Auclair wrote:
Monsieur Pleat, the Honey-Addled Detective, and the Manager of the Royal Beth... So, two mentally unstable candidates, and a third candidate trying to lock them both up?

Siankan wrote:
I'm sorry, but which one is supposed to be mentally stable again?

Heheh smile

Hmm... the electorate? (Questionable, too.)
edited by JaneAnkhVeos on 5/23/2019

--
|| black ravens of dreams || white ravens of memories ||
+1 link
The Elfin Cannibal
The Elfin Cannibal

5/25/2019
Siankan wrote:
Sir Wensleydale of Hardwick wrote:
The Fidgeting Writer?

There's a problem here. Generally, in the Neath, we assume that the handles, however prosaic, belong to one person. It's not always requisite--there's nothing in game to say that the Sardonic Music-Hall Singer I'm friends with is the same one that you know--but most of the time these are taken as names, in some cases (e.g. the Implacable Detective) without question.

The Fidgeting Writer, though... whichever way that story ends, it is highly unlikely that the Fidgeting Writer you meet this time around is the same one you helped out (or failed to) last time. And yet you can do that story repeatedly. Ergo, London must have an endless supply of Fidgeting Writers around falling afoul of sinister figures behind mirrors.

Treachery of Clocks?

--
DO you recall how the Hunger began?
I'm sorry, my darling, I don't think I can!
OUT past the High Wilderness and beyond
I fear I've gone Seeking, for of Him I'm fond.
--The Elfin Cannibal

Seven scars, seven chains, a soul too stained for Hell, and seven sainted candles burning at the well.

Gone to Grieve on the 17th day of the 7th month, 1897.
0 link
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu

6/4/2019
The Manager himself states and shows you that there are many Fidgeting Writers. The only cure he's found is giving them lots of drugs and keeping them away from pens.

--
Be of good cheer. Our contacts have assured us that your sins are forgiven.
0 link
James Sinclair
James Sinclair

6/24/2019
Forget about political parties, let's have partying candidates instead:
  • The Rubbery Entrepreneur! He will revitalize London's flagging economy, and improve relationships between the different races!
  • The Turkish Girl (ahem, that's the Turkish Lady to you)! She'll will this race easily, and Londoners will dance with delight!
  • The Whiskered Admiral! An experienced military veteran, he'll keep London safe against the encroaching corsairs of the Iron Republic!

--
James Sinclair

Curator of the Sanguine Ribbon Society 🗡

A fully-fledged rêveur of The Night Circus.

Wines is red
Spices is yellow
But old Jack-of-Smiles
Is a murderous fellow
+5 link
Anne Auclair
Anne Auclair

6/25/2019
This close to the election, it might be better to make a preliminary 1898 candidate thread.

--
0 link
Tsar Koschei
Tsar Koschei

6/26/2019
Siankan wrote:
If you really want to see a Rubbery mayor, what you need to be lobbying for is a named Rubbery Man to show up, so that we can then talk about him as a real candidate.

I think this would be a great opportunity to develop the Tentacled Entrepreneur, he seems like an interesting fellow. A clay candidate would also be an interesting possibility.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Tsar%20Koschei

No chess, loitering, friendly sparring, coffee at Caligula's or Affluent Photographer, please.
0 link
Vryl
Vryl

6/26/2019
Anne Auclair wrote:
This close to the election, it might be better to make a preliminary 1898 candidate thread.

I'd say that can wait until after we see who the candidates are this year. There's little point in campaigning for a favored NPC that may actually be ineligible because they did in fact already run for 1897.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Vryl
+1 link
Jay Nighte
Jay Nighte

6/28/2019
I'm pretty sure it is going to be narrowed down to a Rubbery Man, an Unfinished Clay Man, and a Drownie.

--
Jay Nighte - "trustworthy" https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Jay%20Nighte

Mortimer Brickton - Amateur Detective https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Mortimer%20Brickton
0 link
thefantodayhtml
thefantodayhtml

7/4/2019
I would honestly support "Mrs Frontispiece" (actually Mr. Pages) as a candidate just for the sheer resulting zanyness that would follow.

• I would also support any great game candidates in general given that we have't had any yet and the fact that there are no real barriers if you think about it, and the Waltzing Duke in particular, in order to further explore his connection to salt, seeking, and the neath's deeper mysteries in general (I can't find them now but supplementary sources say it's him here, and not your captain.)
    edited by thefantodayhtml on 7/4/2019

• edited by thefantodayhtml on 7/4/2019

• 0 link
    thefantodayhtml
    thefantodayhtml

7/4/2019
    Snowskeeper wrote:

Literally the entire Foreign Office, collectively.

I can just imagine what THAT candidacy would be like.

• 0 link
    Anne Auclair
    Anne Auclair

7/4/2019
    thefantodayhtml wrote:
    Snowskeeper wrote:

• That candidacy would be very plausible. After all, Slowcake did something similar!

--
    +1 link
    lolahighwind
    lolahighwind

7/5/2019
    I would love a Foreign Office candidacy. The question is, though, would it be [spoiler]one faction or both? Would be hilarious if the candidacy couldn't agree on anything.[/spoiler]

--
    Aquila Highwind, the Adamant Monster-Hunter
    Dionysus Highwind, the Lost Wastrel (Gone NORTH)
    Ruby Valdez, the Opulent Operative
    +1 link
    thefantodayhtml
    thefantodayhtml

7/6/2019
    Anne Auclair wrote:
    thefantodayhtml wrote:
    Snowskeeper wrote:

• That candidacy would be very plausible. After all, Slowcake did something similar!

I was more thinking about the sheer hilarity that would result from it actually happening, although I can't really imagine the foreign office trying to do that, given that they are loyal to London. I would prefer having another great game candidate, such as the waltzing duke or the Prussian fellow, as stated above. They haven't had a candidate before, and both Mr. Slowcake and feduci have showed that such a campaign would indeed be very plausible.
    edited by thefantodayhtml on 7/6/2019
    0 link