Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Election

A place for in-game political discussion.

Why I am Supporting Her Royal Highness Messages in this topic - RSS

Ixc
Ixc

7/2/2018
Well, I suppose all this argument has been proved moot...

And d---, I am happy about it.

--
Pleased to meet you. Ixc, spy and detective. Inventor of the Correspondence Cannon.
Are you a Paramount Presence? Record your name here. For posterity, of course.

Being poked incessantly by nightmares? Poke them back!
Vote the Viscountess for Mayor!
+2 link
Snowskeeper
Snowskeeper

7/2/2018
Anne Auclair wrote:
Passionario wrote:
No, we've capitalized on one.

Dealing with rejection is hard for anyone, let alone someone who's gone for 34 years without ever hearing "no". It's going to be a long multi-step process, but I believe that the Princess will emerge from it as a better person.

No she won't. She's just going to stew over it and like every sheltered, frustrated aristocrat learn nothing and forget nothing. London will pay the price in years to come.

Also, people are going to keep abusing honey because the city is so dismal. A lose lose all around.
edited by Anne Auclair on 7/2/2018

You're suggesting that putting a honey-addict in charge of the city would lower rates of honey addiction?

Reality will always be uglier than a honey dream; trying to match London to one only clarifies that.

--
S.F., a midnight midnighter and invisible eminence. Impossible to locate them, personally, but there are dead drops and agents.
+1 link
Anne Auclair
Anne Auclair

7/2/2018
Snowskeeper wrote:

You're suggesting that putting a honey-addict in charge of the city would lower rates of honey addiction?

I wasn't suggesting.

Snowskeeper wrote:
Reality will always be uglier than a honey dream; trying to match London to one only clarifies that.

Who better to change that then someone who has delved deep into dreams and visions of great beauty?

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Anne%20Auclair
+2 link
Snowskeeper
Snowskeeper

7/2/2018
Snowskeeper wrote:

Who better to change that then someone who has delved deep into dreams and visions of great beauty?

Somebody with a firmer grasp on the distinction between dream and reality. Reality has its own beauty, and it is not found in dreams.

--
S.F., a midnight midnighter and invisible eminence. Impossible to locate them, personally, but there are dead drops and agents.
+2 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

7/2/2018
There is a reason Poe was not made mayor of Baltimore. Or Baudelaire of Paris.
And they were not even spoiled royals.

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
+2 link
Ixc
Ixc

7/3/2018
I thought the Baudelaires died in a house fire, leaving their penniless children to fend for themselves in adoption services?

--
Pleased to meet you. Ixc, spy and detective. Inventor of the Correspondence Cannon.
Are you a Paramount Presence? Record your name here. For posterity, of course.

Being poked incessantly by nightmares? Poke them back!
Vote the Viscountess for Mayor!
+2 link
Azothi
Azothi

7/3/2018
Ixc wrote:
I thought the Baudelaires died in a house fire, leaving their penniless children to fend for themselves in adoption services?
Charles Baudelaire, the poet contemporary with Poe rather than the children who undergo a series of unfortunate events.

Unless this is a joke, to which I say bravo.

--
Azoth I, the Emissary of Cardinals - A Paramount Presence (not currently accepting new Proteges)
Away to where the Chain cannot bind us.
Hesperidean.
+2 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

7/3/2018
And I, who hated the series with a passion, say begone!

In jest, of course.

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
0 link
Gul al-Ahlaam
Gul al-Ahlaam

7/3/2018
Snowskeeper wrote:
Somebody with a firmer grasp on the distinction between dream and reality. Reality has its own beauty, and it is not found in dreams.
  • Beauty is, as they say, in the eye of the beholder. To bring it into the world is the same process whether you're crafting it on a canvas or seeing it in a lover's smile.

• edited by Gul al-Ahlaam on 7/3/2018

--
    The Uncanny Hierophant.
    The Jewel-Eyed Prince.
  • 0 link