Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Election

A place for in-game political discussion.

Irrefutable Proof Messages in this topic - RSS

PSGarak
PSGarak

6/20/2018
This thread is for posting absolutely incontrovertible evidence that your candidate's victory is completely assured, to the point that the election itself is a waste of time. Naturally, demonstrations of the eminent victories for all three candidates are encouraged. I'll lead off:

It is an inescapable historical precedent that 100% of London elections have been won by the candidate with a real name. Jenny is an actual, real name. Feducci may or may not be his real name, but it is a real name that belonged to people. That is two out of two, a complete sweep.

Ergo, it is a statistical certainty that our next mayor shall be Mr. Slowcakes. Q.E.D.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/PSGarak
+10 link
Rhode Wardwado
Rhode Wardwado

6/20/2018
It's always been won by someone with two of the same letter in their name.

Sinning Jenny
Feducci

Therefore, The Captivating Princess will absolutely, irrefutably win!
edited by Rhode Wardwado on 6/20/2018
edited by Rhode Wardwado on 6/20/2018

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Rhode%20Wardwado
+14 link
Daedalus_Falk
Daedalus_Falk

6/20/2018
It is an inescapable truth that the most outrageous candidate has won 100% of previous elections. The Captivating Princess is the most outrageous candidate. Therefore, her victory is assured. QED.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Daedalus_Falk

----

For I was hungry, and you gave me rats. I was thirsty, and you gave me rats. I was naked, and you gave me rats. The rodents were gathered together, the cats slept in the Sun’s blindness, and the rats rose like the Moon, in the light at the edge of the cheese.
+11 link
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu

6/21/2018
Like Batman, the Jovial Contrarian always loses the first round and wins the second.

--
Be of good cheer. Our contacts have assured us that your sins are forgiven.
+10 link
Diptych
Diptych
Administrator

6/23/2018
While he's not my candidate, I must admit that a Slowcake victory would cement the pattern of London's mayors always being agents of foreign powers running under false identities.

--
Diptych, the Emancipationist Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
+8 link
Snowskeeper
Snowskeeper

6/26/2018
The Jovial Contrarian frequently contradicts himself. In his first election, he lost. Therefore, this time, he will win.

Incontrovertible evidence presented at long last.

--
S.F., a midnight midnighter and invisible eminence. Impossible to locate them, personally, but there are dead drops and agents.
+7 link
Dudebro Pyro
Dudebro Pyro

6/22/2018
I don't remember Jenny being particularly self-interested. She was very questionable and I strongly campaigned against her, but she genuinely cared for London, as was clearly shown by her later appearances (unless she's a master actress and propagandist).

--
Dudebro Pyro, eccentric scholar

Spare Starveling Kitties always welcome. I collect them.
For that matter, send me your unwanted cat boxes too.
+6 link
The Curious Watcher
The Curious Watcher

6/21/2018
The sinful has always won in the past elections (Sinning Jenny, Feducci) so therefore the only correct candidate to win is the most sinful man himself, Mr Slowcake

--
The Thirteenth Master of the Bazaar:
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/The%20Thirteenth%20Master%20of%20the%20Bazaar
The Silent Vake Hunter: GONE NORTH
The Ravenous Wanderer:
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/The%20Ravenous%20Wanderer
The Melancholic End-Bringer:
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/The%20Melancholic%20End-Bringer
The Lethal Nightmare:
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/The%20Lethal%20Nightmare
+4 link
Wilhelm Leibniz III
Wilhelm Leibniz III

6/20/2018
Jenny was an interesting candidate!
Feducci was an interesting candidate!

The Jovial Contrarian is boring.
The Captivating princess is an interesting candidate, but dangerous!
Mr. Slowcakes is an interesting candidate!

It shall be Slowcakes!

--
Wilhelm Leibniz III, Glassman, Hearts Desire
+4 link
Diptych
Diptych
Administrator

6/23/2018
An Admiralty Survey Office Clerk wrote:
“We categorise it as a military installation, you know. Although that has occasioned some quite vigorous debate.”

Funnily enough, I'd always interpreted that to mean that they categorise it as a foreign military installation. [spoiler]A group of Second City monster hunters doesn't really qualify as one of the Neath's major powers - they're no Khanate or Presbyterate - and, given their involvement in the Masters' scheming, they're practically allies, but I still thought they were officially Not Quite Our Sort.[/spoiler]

--
+3 link
Diptych
Diptych
Administrator

6/23/2018
Oh, I dare say they are. The land itself might even be some far-flung remnant of South London. But they struck me as a sort of sister settlement to Mutton Island, but even further afield and with less oversight, leaving them free to prey on trade or worship dark gods or construct scale models out of old matchboxes or whatever they want to devote themselves to.

--
+3 link
Ixc
Ixc

6/24/2018
Well, one could say the devils are Slowcake's bid.

--
Pleased to meet you. Ixc, spy and detective. Inventor of the Correspondence Cannon.
Are you a Paramount Presence? Record your name here. For posterity, of course.

Being poked incessantly by nightmares? Poke them back!
Vote the Viscountess for Mayor!
+3 link
Anne Auclair
Anne Auclair

6/22/2018
You're forgetting that up till now the most self-interested or evil candidate has always won.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Anne%20Auclair
+3 link
Snowskeeper
Snowskeeper

7/3/2018
The Contrarian contradicted himself by winning.

--
S.F., a midnight midnighter and invisible eminence. Impossible to locate them, personally, but there are dead drops and agents.
+3 link
Anne Auclair
Anne Auclair

7/3/2018
incerteza wrote:
Anne Auclair wrote:
So what were the potential patterns broken this year?

The candidate with a Name lost for the first time.

The candidate with Infernal support lost for the first time.

The candidates who were obviously evil/self-interested lost for the first time.

Amazingly, all patterns, mentioned in this thread, have been broken. The ones you didn't list were:
- an interesting candidate
- the most outrageous candidate
- someone with two of the same letter in their name
- the sinful
- an authority (~ a direct leader) of an organization already
- agents of foreign powers running under false identities
- the less represented gender
- explicit Revolutionary connections = defeat

I'd point out that the Contrarian is very interesting, just in a different way from the others. I think "interesting candidate" is too subjective to be verifiable.

--
+2 link
Snowskeeper
Snowskeeper

7/3/2018
incerteza wrote:
Anne Auclair wrote:
So what were the potential patterns broken this year?

The candidate with a Name lost for the first time.

The candidate with Infernal support lost for the first time.

The candidates who were obviously evil/self-interested lost for the first time.

Amazingly, all patterns, mentioned in this thread, have been broken. The ones you didn't list were:
- an interesting candidate
- the most outrageous candidate
- someone with two of the same letter in their name
- the sinful
- an authority (~ a direct leader) of an organization already
- agents of foreign powers running under false identities
- the less represented gender
- explicit Revolutionary connections = defeat

... Er, no, not all patterns. The one I mentioned wasn't.

>:/

--
+2 link
incerteza
incerteza

7/3/2018
Anne Auclair wrote:
I'd point out that the Contrarian is very interesting, just in a different way from the others. I think "interesting candidate" is too subjective to be verifiable.
I agree, but the author of this theory didn't think so, so I guess the pattern is broken for him.

Snowskeeper wrote:
... Er, no, not all patterns. The one I mentioned wasn't.
>:/
Oops, sorry, my bad (I didn't think it even has to be mentioned). The only remaining pattern is, the Contrarian contradicts himself.
+2 link
Ixc
Ixc

7/4/2018
Everyone that won has an item that you can knock people over the head with. Sinning Jenny has an Enfranchised Anchoress (who can knock people over the head for you, or you can toss her like an armored guinea pig), Feducci had a War Helm, which you can take off and smack people with, and The Contrarian has his Monochromatic Lantern, which not only is sturdy and dependable, but also helps you sneak up on them in the first place.

I, of course, have not tested my hypothesis on rival supporters...

--
Pleased to meet you. Ixc, spy and detective. Inventor of the Correspondence Cannon.
Are you a Paramount Presence? Record your name here. For posterity, of course.

Being poked incessantly by nightmares? Poke them back!
Vote the Viscountess for Mayor!
+2 link
Dudebro Pyro
Dudebro Pyro

7/5/2018
To be fair, you can also knock people with a bottle of bees, all the 1894 companions can technically knock people over for you (if anything, the Redoubtable Dame-Harbinger sounds more... well, redoubtable), and arguably the Indignant Bearskin packed a hefty hit.

--
Dudebro Pyro, eccentric scholar

Spare Starveling Kitties always welcome. I collect them.
For that matter, send me your unwanted cat boxes too.
+2 link
Akernis
Akernis

6/28/2018
In the campaigns so far the less represented gender has always won.

When Jenny ran against two men, she won.

When Feducci ran against two women, he won.

Thus The Princess will win*

*this is of course under the assumption that Mr. Slowcake can be considered a man and not an theoretical construct created by a devils and devilesses, which would throw the formula a little out of whack.

--
Vena's profile - http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Akernis
+2 link
Azothi
Azothi

6/22/2018
Dudebro Pyro wrote:
I don't remember Jenny being particularly self-interested. She was very questionable and I strongly campaigned against her, but she genuinely cared for London, as was clearly shown by her later appearances (unless she's a master actress and propagandist).
Miss Auclair has voiced strong opinions regarding Sinning Jenny's policies in office.

--
Azoth I, the Emissary of Cardinals - A Paramount Presence (not currently accepting new Proteges)
Away to where the Chain cannot bind us.
Hesperidean.
+2 link
Anne Auclair
Anne Auclair

6/22/2018
Sinning Jenny might not look so bad after the Bandaged Bandit, but in 1894 she ran for office with the clear intent of enriching herself and benefiting her Bohemian friends. You might remember her Department of Public Works, staffed with her Bazaarine artists, which to my knowledge never actually built anything. She was the most self-interested candidate at the time, a very self-interested Mayor, and Feducci clearly took notes.

--
+2 link
PSGarak
PSGarak

6/22/2018
So, even if I were to agree with that (which I'm not)...

Which candidate would that indicate in this election?

The Captivating Princess is clearly narcissistic and evil, but on closer inspection (and closer inspection is what it takes to fit Jenny to the criteria at hand), I'm not sure she's actually the front-runner for either attribute.

Mr Slowcakes represents the interests of Hell. Like, all of it. As sadistic as the Princess is, she's only one individual, not a whole Faction. I'm not sure she compares.

And as to narcissism... well, the Jovial Contrarian appears more interested in campaigning against himself from two years ago than either of the actual candidates today.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/PSGarak
+2 link
lukeskylicker
lukeskylicker

6/23/2018
All mayors have been an authority of an organization already.

Sinning Jenny had a school.
Feducci lead the Black Ribbon Society.
The Captivating Princess is a head of the state.

Therefore the Princess must win.

Also while all your points are interesting can we get back to the topic at hand? We need to prove the Princess will win!

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/lukeskylicker
A man who likes to sound smart when he's really just making it up as he goes.

Rehabilitator of Wretched Mogs.
+1 link
menaulon
menaulon

6/24/2018
Anne Auclair wrote:
Oh, another possible trend is every candidate with explicit Revolutionary connections being defeated. The Contrarian in 1894 and the Campaigner in 1895.

I don't think any candidate in 1895 had "explicit" Revolutionary connections, but Feducci has at least as good of a claim to the title as the Campaigner. Campaigner explicitly refused to work with the Council. Feducci campaigned for overthrow of London's existing order and is giving out Revolutionary favors left and right. That said, he doesn't have contact with any important revolutionaries (as far as I know).

Anne Auclair wrote:
Another constant is that the candidate with the most support of the Devils has won up to now. Devils fought with Jenny's nun's in the streets against Southwark and during the campaign she regularly dined with supporters at Dantes (making her the defacto Infernal candidate).

I remember Devils covertly moving money into Bishop's campaign and him trying to root them out. Was that just to annoy/discredit him and they actually wanted him to lose? If so, I definitely didn't catch that then.

• edited by menaulon on 6/24/2018

--
    Menaulon
    Open to social actions, but would prefer to be betrayed in the search for Photographer.
  • +1 link
    Anne Auclair
    Anne Auclair

6/24/2018
    menaulon wrote:

I don't think any candidate in 1895 had "explicit" Revolutionary connections,

The Campaigner was friends with the late March. Feducci's connections during the campaign were Infernal rather than Revolutionary (there were Devils, not Anarchists, hanging around his campaign).

menaulon wrote:
    I remember Devils covertly moving money into Bishop's campaign and him trying to root them out. Was that just to annoy/discredit him and they actually wanted him to lose? If so, I definitely didn't catch that then.

They were just trolling him. The donations weren't intended as support.
    edited by Anne Auclair on 6/24/2018

--
    +1 link
    Anne Auclair
    Anne Auclair

6/24/2018
    Another constant is that the candidate with the most support of the Devils has won up to now. Devils fought with Jenny's nun's in the streets against Southwark and during the campaign she regularly dined with supporters at Dantes (making her the defacto Infernal candidate). In 1895, the Devils supported Feducci and one was his campaign manager. Now the Devils are supporting Mr. Slowcake's bid.

--
    +1 link
    Anne Auclair
    Anne Auclair

6/23/2018
    Sir Frederick wrote:
    Are the Shepherd Isles claimed by London? I thought they were just one of the many settlements around the Neath with no particular affiliation.

I never saw a flag, but the inhabitants sound very British and not remotely Khaganian?

--
    +1 link