Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

What do you want to see in future ES's? Messages in this topic - RSS

phryne
phryne

22 days ago
I'd love to read a story about the people keeping London's gaslights going. There must be a lot of them.

We know that gaslighting London is Mr Fires' domain (no double-meaning intended - though, who knows...), but that's it basically. What's the daily grind of the workers like? Does Mr Fires treat them as badly as the workers in its factories? Are they recognized for their invaluable efforts by their fellow citizens? How dangerous is their job? Where do the pipes run? How often do explosions occur? What kind of gas is used and where are the gasfields? Does Fallen London sit right on top of one?

--
4 Accounts, 4 Ambitions finished: Bag a LegendLight FingersHeart's DesireNemesis
Exceptional Stories, sorted by season and by writerDestiny Guide
+1 link
IHNIWTR
IHNIWTR

20 days ago
I'm pretty sure I wrote about this before, but I would love to have an ES that deals with London's Jewish population after the fall. Victorian London was known and celebrated for the breadth and prosperity of its Jewish community in a time where elsewhere in Europe pogroms and persecution were driving Jewish refugees into exile. Trying to explore what became of this community in the Fallen London universe would be really interesting.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Daniel%20Vaise
+2 link
IHNIWTR
IHNIWTR

20 days ago
(and this is just me wishful thinking here but since Failbetter are so good at representation and getting the most informed people to write on a topic concerning specific communities, God what I wouldn't give for them to get Ben Aaronovitch to write that ES for them)
edited by IHNIWTR on 10/11/2020

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Daniel%20Vaise
+2 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

19 days ago
IHNIWTR wrote:
I'm pretty sure I wrote about this before, but I would love to have an ES that deals with London's Jewish population after the fall. Victorian London was known and celebrated for the breadth and prosperity of its Jewish community in a time where elsewhere in Europe pogroms and persecution were driving Jewish refugees into exile. Trying to explore what became of this community in the Fallen London universe would be really interesting.

I asked about this during one of the Discord Q&As! Chris said:

ChrisFBG wrote:
I think this would make an amazing story, and be a fascinating aspect of Fallen London to dig into more.

I would want us to find an appropriately-qualified writer to undertake it, though.

So maybe we'll get such a story one day...
edited by Optimatum on 10/11/2020

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Cider? Just say hi!

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
+1 link