Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Skies

For the discussion of our Sunless Skies, released January 2019.

Help With Starting Up Game Messages in this topic - RSS

Bitty
Bitty
Posts: 229

3/23/2018
So I've never had a problem starting this game before but I took a break for about a month or so and now when I try to start up the game I get this?

What does this mean? What is Direct3D? Do I really have to install that or is this a bug? Sorry if the answer is stupidly obvious i'm dumb with computer talk

--
Main, Heathen(Nemesis)
Aten(Seeker)
Sook(Bag a Legend)


Open to all non-harmful social actions. Not into RP and will respond normally.
0 link
Anniken
Anniken
Posts: 22

3/23/2018
You might try uninstalling and reinstalling; I had to do that after the last update and now can run the game fine again. (I'm on Mac, so I likely had a different error, but it can't hurt.)

--
an irresistible, breathtaking, midnight and sinister lady
0 link
Bitty
Bitty
Posts: 229

3/23/2018
Anniken wrote:
You might try uninstalling and reinstalling; I had to do that after the last update and now can run the game fine again. (I'm on Mac, so I likely had a different error, but it can't hurt.)

Alright, i'll try that, thanks!

--
Main, Heathen(Nemesis)
Aten(Seeker)
Sook(Bag a Legend)


Open to all non-harmful social actions. Not into RP and will respond normally.
0 link
Bitty
Bitty
Posts: 229

3/23/2018
Bitty wrote:
Anniken wrote:
You might try uninstalling and reinstalling; I had to do that after the last update and now can run the game fine again. (I'm on Mac, so I likely had a different error, but it can't hurt.)

Alright, i'll try that, thanks!


Alright, I tried reinstalling, didn't work upset

--
Main, Heathen(Nemesis)
Aten(Seeker)
Sook(Bag a Legend)


Open to all non-harmful social actions. Not into RP and will respond normally.
0 link
The Lord Breakfast
The Lord Breakfast
Posts: 70

3/23/2018
You should probably contact Failbetter support. Some people being unable to launch the game is a fairly major bug that they ought to know about.

--
The Lord Breakfast, Captain Bacon, The Ageless Pirate, Bane of Salad, The Thrice-Mad, Eater of Pelicans
+1 link
Nanako
Nanako
Posts: 536

3/23/2018
i'm not 100% saying that this is your case, but that error tends to indicate a problem on the user's side. A videocard not installed properly, lacking drivers, dying, etc. It's often seen when you try to run several video-intensive things at once and they compete for resources

ensure things are good on your end, try running other games with fancy graphics, and update directx

--
Sunless Skies needs engine and speed control mechanics. Have a look at my design proposal for implementing it

http://community.failbettergames.com/topic25687-a-design-for-engines.aspx
0 link
Bitty
Bitty
Posts: 229

3/24/2018
Nanako wrote:
i'm not 100% saying that this is your case, but that error tends to indicate a problem on the user's side. A videocard not installed properly, lacking drivers, dying, etc. It's often seen when you try to run several video-intensive things at once and they compete for resources

ensure things are good on your end, try running other games with fancy graphics, and update directx



I guess, I haven't had any trouble with this game before though, and haven't changed anything on my computer lately, also i'm pretty sure like the only other thing I had open is like, youtube, i'll try another game later tho thanks!

--
Main, Heathen(Nemesis)
Aten(Seeker)
Sook(Bag a Legend)


Open to all non-harmful social actions. Not into RP and will respond normally.
0 link




Powered by Jitbit Forum 8.0.2.0 © 2006-2013 Jitbit Software