Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Enlist other Players: the Singing Mandrake

Here you can find help from other players. Find a chess partner, someone to listen to your nightmares, or a clique.

FL Roleplay Group - Discord Messages in this topic - RSS

Cee (QuantumSky)
Cee (QuantumSky)

12/11/2017
I'm looking to set up a Fallen London roleplay group on Discord, something for some fun in-character interaction, world building, etc. with potential for in-game interaction too!

Rules/plans so far:
  • 16+ only, must be 18+ for NSFW
  • No overpowered characters / godmodding / etc
  • Make sure you develop your character well! Try to avoid Mary Sues.
  • Semi-literate paragraph-style roleplay
  • Different channels for different areas of FL
  • Potentially server-wide plot events (once things are established a bit)

Let me know if you're interested!

--
QuantumSky for FL. The-Airs-Of-London for FL tumblr. Kittleimp for almost anything else.
+5 link
Reinol von Lorica
Reinol von Lorica

12/11/2017
I’m interested.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Reinol%20von%20Lorica
edited by Reinol von Lorica on 12/11/2017

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Reinol%20von%20Lorica
0 link
Gerlak
Gerlak

12/11/2017
This sounds interesting. What did you mean by 'no Mary Sue?' though?

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Gerlak
0 link
Malachai
Malachai

12/11/2017
Can we still join even if we just started the game, or would you prefer people who have more experience with it? (Sorry, I'm just trying to get more involved community-wise and stuff)
0 link
Cee (QuantumSky)
Cee (QuantumSky)

12/11/2017
Gerlak wrote:
This sounds interesting. What did you mean by 'no Mary Sue?' though?

Characters that are just... too perfect. Usually they have few to no flaws, or "flaws" that don't actually affect them.

--
QuantumSky for FL. The-Airs-Of-London for FL tumblr. Kittleimp for almost anything else.
0 link
Kukapetal
Kukapetal

12/12/2017
Drake Dynamo wrote:
I think there's already an RP discord server? VavakxNonexus might know more.

I think there are a few of them out there. My friends and I have one too. I think multiples are actually a good thing since different people probably have different ideas of what they want to do/how many people should be involved/what types of characters/how serious or laid back it should be/etc. More RP rooms increase the chance of more people finding a room that suits them and their style of play.
+2 link
shylarah
shylarah

12/12/2017
I'm interested in any and all FL discords. And rps.

--
Lady of Cold Steel, Lady of the Flit, Lady Alyssana Grey. A formidable woman, hard to read and slow to trust. Darkness lurks inside her.

Alts: (please direct all inquiries to Alys & say who they're for)
-Nikki, the Playful Daredevil, leading the constables on merry chases across London at every available opportunity. It's not a good robbery if you didn't get chased~
-Shylarah, waifish, wide-eyed, painfully foreign, entirely untamed. Her search for a way home now leads her to Parabola. There's something about her...
-Dr. Maxwell Thomas, a kindhearted physician who can't stand to see suffering. Moral to a fault, even to his own detriment. Unlucky in love.
I would rather be taken for a fool than deny aid where it is needed.
-Angie, the Cheeky Sharpshooter. Got her start with the Regiment and proudly operated their cannon for years. Rowdy, rough, and among the best shots in London.
+2 link
Slyblue
Slyblue

12/12/2017
How often would we be expected to reply? I do like roleplaying, but sometimes I take a life to the knee...
edited by Slyblue on 12/12/2017

--
The Smiling Devil The Curt Licentiate The Keen-Eyed Captain

"For hearts of truest mettle, absence doth join and Time doth settle."
+4 link
Lady Sapho Byron
Lady Sapho Byron

12/12/2017
Count my interest as being thrown into the mix ... with Slyblue's caveat as my own ... sometimes RL does RL things.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Lady%20Sapho%20L%20Byron
Fighting the Menace of Corsetry Since 1892.
+4 link
Elyzian
Elyzian

12/12/2017
I would also be interested in this (or any other FL discords, honestly).

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Elyzian
+1 link
Mike Hawk
Mike Hawk

12/13/2017
I'm interested as well. I'm rather busy irl, but I'll do my best to make time for this. Very exciting.

--
Michael Hawk - A reformed farmer with a very unfortunate name.

Please, consider joining the Sanguine Ribbon Society. It's not like it'll kill you. Oh, wait...
+1 link
Six Handed Merchant
Six Handed Merchant

12/13/2017
I am definitely intrigued.

--
The Six Handed Merchant: If it's the truth you seek, The Six Handed Merchant is the gentlemen-, er, lady-, er, detective you need! Just pay no heed to that Eradication Officer tailing Six: that poor fellow is simply out of his mind!

Six's Mantlepiece (I am available for roleplaying and SAs. My schedule is pretty full, so please PM me first to work out the details.)
+1 link
Vavakx Nonexus
Vavakx Nonexus

12/13/2017
I hope the link to the discord is posted here if it does happen at some point.

(Do write me down as interested.)

--
Amets Estibariz, the Moulting Eidolon: Cradled by a sun all their own.

Blabbing, the Hobo Everyone Knows: The One Who Pulls The Strings. A Clarity In The Darkness.

Charlotte and the Caretaker: A family?
+1 link
Sir Joseph Marlen
Sir Joseph Marlen

12/14/2017
I'd personally love getting into an rp server, so count me interested. Like others in this thread, I may not be an active voice in chat 24/7, but I'll make an effort to interact when I can.

--
Sir Joseph Marlen - The Romantic Sophist
Alexus Harven - The Defiant Fatalist
Rose Reinhelm - The Respectful Revolutionary
Cappuccino - The Perfidious Spycraft

Available for any and all social actions.
+1 link
Snowskeeper
Snowskeeper

12/22/2017
Been watching this topic since it was posted; now seems like a good time to bump it, so: I would also be interested.

--
S.F., a midnight midnighter and invisible eminence. Impossible to locate them, personally, but there are dead drops and agents.
0 link
Tanner Price
Tanner Price

1/4/2018
I would be interested in joining as well! Please send me the link!

--
Captain Tanner Price: Legendary Charisma [SEEKING PROTEGES]; esteemed pirate and social butterfly; raised by the girls of Mr Wines.
+1 link
Six Handed Merchant
Six Handed Merchant

1/4/2018
As someone who is trying to run an RP group and is interested in FL RP in general, I'd love to join in as well.

--
The Six Handed Merchant: If it's the truth you seek, The Six Handed Merchant is the gentlemen-, er, lady-, er, detective you need! Just pay no heed to that Eradication Officer tailing Six: that poor fellow is simply out of his mind!

Six's Mantlepiece (I am available for roleplaying and SAs. My schedule is pretty full, so please PM me first to work out the details.)
+1 link
turbosnowy
turbosnowy

1/4/2018
A Mary Sue is a term used these days for characters that people have created that are usually idealised versions of themselves = perfect in every way, just totally awesome in fact and they save the day with their sheer awesomeness and amazing skills and appeal in every category known to man or woman or squid or devil. Common in teenage fanfiction etc and especially tiresome for anyone to read about (apart from the author of course who thinks it's brilliant! Yay!)

I've commonly been accused of being a Mary Sue myself due to how ridiculously awesome I am, and I can only counter that my awesomeness and perfection in all things under the sky is purely a result of my wonderful genetics and, well, general awesomeness*

*this may or may not be true in any or all parts
edited by turbosnowy on 1/4/2018
0 link
Seeyrin
Seeyrin

1/4/2018
I would be interested in giving it a try

--
A midnight and inescapable individual of mysterious and indistinct gender. Calling cards, social actions and plant battles welcome.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Seeyrin
0 link
Senforza
Senforza

1/17/2018
Are we completely sure such a thing doesn't already exist?

Nevertheless, sign me up. I'm always down for some RP.

--
Professor F. L. Senforza, The Bloodied Philonoist: an Extraordinary Mind and the Director of Benthic's Department of the Correspondence.

Andrew Barnes, The High-Born Sharpshooter: "If you're not getting shot at at least once a week, what the hell are you doin' with your life?"
0 link