Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Second Chance items changed? Messages in this topic - RSS

PlatypusNinja2
PlatypusNinja2

2/9/2012
In the past, when I fail and have a second-chance item, it lets me retry any of the options in that storylet.
So one thing I like to do is, I attempt a hard option, and then if I fail, I take an easier one for the second-chance.

Just now I got a failure and the game only offered to let me reattempt the same option, not to try an easier one. upset
Is this something that changed recently?
+1 link
Endy
Endy

2/9/2012
yeah, talked about here:

http://community.failbettergames.com/topic236-endlessness-for-eternity.aspx?lastpage=1&MessageID=3128#post3127

--
sonantem aeternum ad terram

Through the darker shadows.
0 link
Rupho Schartenhauer
Rupho Schartenhauer

2/9/2012
Dislike!

--
Rupho Schartenhauer has killed a Master, well: most of it.
Cortez the Killer has killed a Master, definitely.
Deepdelver has begotten a star. It's... complicated.
Dr. Kvirkvelia, gone NORTH on 23/12/1894.
+1 link
quartz
quartz

2/9/2012
Wieland Burandt wrote:
Dislike!

Like the dislike.
0 link
Urthdigger
Urthdigger

2/10/2012
I can't say I'm TOO fond of this change, after all I took advantage of this a few times, though never in any utterly gamebreaking circumstances (Usually just trying on a modest/chancy, then taking a straightforward if that failed).

However, I can understand WHY it was done. I don't think second chances were intended to allow that, and I've always sought them under the notion that I would be trying to repeat an action I just tried anyway. Being able to ensure I got at least something when I failed was just an occasional bonus.

--
Looking for second chances to maximize your loot output from those troublesome storylets? Check out our handy gang of volunteers in this thread, or even volunteer yourself!

@Urthdigger on twitter
0 link
Woogawoman
Woogawoman

2/10/2012
I'd be totally fine with this if we had the choice whether to spend a second chance or not. We've been asking for that for ages.

--
----------
Eleanor Smythe's Profile
+1 link
Passionario
Passionario

2/10/2012
As long as we still have the option to pick "Perhaps not" after failing the initial attempt, I don't mind.

--
Passionario: Profile, Story, Ending
Passion: Profile, Appearance
+1 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

2/10/2012
I may stand corrected, but I think I read in one of the threads about the recent changes that old Second Chances system sometimes originated bugs, so I think that's the main reason they changed it.

--
Twitter: @streetfelineblu
Blue's LiveJournal
Blue's Echo Bazaar profile
Blue's Night Circus diary
Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
0 link