Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Skies

For the discussion of our Sunless Skies, released January 2019.

Running Hot, D_mn The Coal! Messages in this topic - RSS

A Parliament of Hounds
A Parliament of Hounds

9/2/2017
Probably my biggest concern with the build as it stands is the lack of a boost, or an ability to 'run hot'. It was my preferred method of travel in SS, despite the occasional explosion.

I'm hoping it's going to come when we can buy our first auxiliary slot item, or be unlocked with an engineer perhaps. The game mechanics would support it far better now, with the accurate heat gauge thing we have going on, and I'd certainly appreciate a dangerous boat of speed when terror's passing ninety or supplies standing empty.

Was there anything I missed in the sprints that hinted at a boost feature?
+2 link
Nanako
Nanako

9/2/2017
i'd say we should be able to doubletap any movement key for a quick burst like the strafing, at a cost of extra engine heat

--
Sunless Skies needs engine and speed control mechanics. Have a look at my design proposal for implementing it

http://community.failbettergames.com/topic25687-a-design-for-engines.aspx
+1 link
Pan Tofel
Pan Tofel

9/3/2017
Nanako wrote:
i'd say we should be able to doubletap any movement key for a quick burst like the strafing, at a cost of extra engine heat

This woul lead to a lot of missclick (misstaps?) I'd say. Just give it another whole key, it's not like the game uses too many as of now.

--
Pan Tofel, the ever curious empiricist is accepting all kinds of social actions.

Chrchleater, who has a good heart and a terrible fate, is doing so as well. Strange sorts of pranks are to be directed here.
0 link
FailbetterFuzz
FailbetterFuzz
Administrator

9/15/2017
A Parliament of Hounds wrote:
Probably my biggest concern with the build as it stands is the lack of a boost, or an ability to 'run hot'. It was my preferred method of travel in SS, despite the occasional explosion.

I'm hoping it's going to come when we can buy our first auxiliary slot item, or be unlocked with an engineer perhaps. The game mechanics would support it far better now, with the accurate heat gauge thing we have going on, and I'd certainly appreciate a dangerous boat of speed when terror's passing ninety or supplies standing empty.

I can see you like living life on the edge A Parliament of Hounds
+2 link