Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Skies

For the discussion of our Sunless Skies, released January 2019.

Small questions thread Messages in this topic - RSS

Nanako
Nanako

8/31/2017
Every game needs one of these.
Ask little questions about the game that aren't worth their own thread. Please do try to answer those posted by others too.

My first question is, where can i buy panes of stained glass? I could have sworn i bought one in new winchester, but i can't find them sold there now, and i need a second one for another quest

--
Sunless Skies needs engine and speed control mechanics. Have a look at my design proposal for implementing it

http://community.failbettergames.com/topic25687-a-design-for-engines.aspx
+1 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead

9/27/2017
FailbetterFuzz wrote:
Anne Auclair wrote:
lady ciel wrote:
No coffee - yet.

Any updates on this?

There's currently no coffee in Sunless Skies.
edited by FailbetterFuzz on 9/27/2017

Literally unplayable

--
McGunn/Bsymstad is on the slow boat, waiting to see if he can find out what death is. (I'm done with London for now. Thanks for everything!)
Amanda Albright is a *spoiler* now, like she always wanted.
+3 link
FailbetterFuzz
FailbetterFuzz
Administrator

9/27/2017
Pumpkinhead wrote:
FailbetterFuzz wrote:

There's currently no coffee in Sunless Skies.

Literally unplayable

You're telling me Pumpkinhead!

Life without coffee = literally unplayable

+3 link
kived
kived

9/2/2017
How do you know what faction or affiliation another train has? I've destroyed a couple and it told me I'd destroyed a Reach Marauder, but that seems like information I might like to know before I open fire. I thought maybe mousing over would do something but no. Also, the only way to "interact" with other trains currently is to blow them up, correct?
+2 link
lady ciel
lady ciel

9/1/2017
Has anyone else returned to a port and only found empty space?

On the map it says I am there but there was nothing to be seen smile

--
ciel

Sorry RL means I am not a very active player at the moment. No social actions unless you are prepared to wait and definitely no sparring or other mult-action things.

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

storynexus name - reveurciel
+2 link
lady ciel
lady ciel

9/1/2017
Not that as it was a place I had visited during this game.

I guess I'll have to sort out how to describe the problem in a bug report. When it wasn't there I quit the game so am back to my previous port so don't think it will show in any logs.

--
ciel

Sorry RL means I am not a very active player at the moment. No social actions unless you are prepared to wait and definitely no sparring or other mult-action things.

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

+2 link
lady ciel
lady ciel

9/1/2017
It just happened again with a different port. I might stop playing until this bug is fixed. It is very expensive to go somewhere and then find out you can't carry on with a quest or story.

--
ciel

+1 link
Nanako
Nanako

9/1/2017
lady ciel wrote:
It just happened again with a different port. I might stop playing until this bug is fixed. It is very expensive to go somewhere and then find out you can't carry on with a quest or story.

Actually, it costs nothing, since you saved at the last port. Read on

This bug is caused by loading more than once in a session. Either from ingame, after death, or quitting to the main menu.
To fix it, and prevent it happening in future, Quit the game entirely, relaunch it from steam, and then load by hitting continue on the main menu.
Do this anytime you need to load the game, and the bug wont happen

this will help until its fixed!

--
Sunless Skies needs engine and speed control mechanics. Have a look at my design proposal for implementing it

+1 link
absimiliard
absimiliard

8/31/2017
Oddly -- though told I'd need to seek a different source -- I also found bronzewood in New Winchester as well. (or, in my late-night and groggy state I could've sworn I'd been able to buy some there, if I'd had the cash, which I didn't)

{edited for grammar}
edited by absimiliard on 8/31/2017

--
"Because, Parabola!" -- the Curious Captain
Eating nightmares from friends -- and I'm easy to befriend.
Absimiliard: the Black Rose of Wolfstack Docks
+1 link
Sara Hysaro
Sara Hysaro

9/1/2017
Has anyone looked more into how to get your Condition recovered in Magdalene's? There was a free option once that I used, but when I went back there I didn't see it. I tried the option that needed a Savage Secret and Salon Gossip, but that just removed basic Terror. Am I waiting for a certain number of days to pass?

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sara%20Hysaro
Please do not send SMEN, cat boxes, or Affluent Reporter requests. All other social actions are welcome.

Are you a Scarlet Saint? Send a message my way to be added to the list.
+1 link
Nanako
Nanako

9/1/2017
has anyone found a place or method to sell a searing enigma? I happened to find one (on a captain who is now dead, but i could get back there easily enough)

--

+1 link
illuminati swag (Benthic)
illuminati swag (Benthic)

9/2/2017
Nanako wrote:
any idea where to find a scrive spinster? A quest wants me to kill one

I haven't seen one, but one person said Gambler's Grove or maybe around Carillon, and another said the Nature Reserve.
+1 link
Nanako
Nanako

9/9/2017
SarahTheEntwife wrote:
Does anyone know if there's a way to tell enemy damage in combat? I've experimented a little with my weapons but since I'm pretty fragile myself at this stage it would be nice to be able to tell if one more hit will take out my opponent or I need to flee.

the only way i found so far is just to mentally keep track of it.
A closerange shotgun blast will take about half the health off a marauder or tackety.
A cannon shot will take about a quarter

cantankeri have about 25% less health than trains

--

+1 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead

9/29/2017
Anne Auclair wrote:
Pumpkinhead wrote:

Literally unplayable

Are there plans for there to be coffee? ^_^

Will not play until there is coffee

actually i don't even like coffee i'm just here for the jokes

--
McGunn/Bsymstad is on the slow boat, waiting to see if he can find out what death is. (I'm done with London for now. Thanks for everything!)
Amanda Albright is a *spoiler* now, like she always wanted.
+1 link
Nanako
Nanako

11/23/2017
Is it currently possible to obtain Ice from Old Tom's well, or Ants Newly Introduced to Humankind?

Theyre needed for a quest at the preserve, ive seen no indication of either existing yet.

--

+1 link