Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Skies

For the discussion of our Sunless Skies, released January 2019.

Looting should be done automatically Messages in this topic - RSS

vulchor
vulchor

8/31/2017
Instead of making us press a button to do so. I don't know if the functionality exists yet because I haven't been able to get it to work. I fly over the gold star, the message displays saying to press R to Loot, I press R and nothing. I tried remapping the key to Keypad Enter but still nothing, so maybe it doesn't work, but I'd prefer the setup in S'Seas where you sail/fly over the destroyed ship (or get really close to it) and the story box pops up asking what you want to do. That felt a lot more in line with the way the rest of the game was built anyway.
+2 link
vulchor
vulchor

8/31/2017
Except for the fact that right now its not working for me, lol. You're right, its super minor, but still the way I'd prefer it.

[edit] just re-read the known issues page (http://www.failbettergames.com/sunless-skies/known-issues/) and I think the reason looting wasn't working for me is I encountered the bug where if you open the Esc menu while the Chart is on screen, hotkeys stop working.
edited by vulchor on 8/31/2017
+2 link
Anchovies
Anchovies

8/31/2017
I've skimmed right past salvage before I could press R. Having to slow down to pick up salvage increases travel time and supply consumption. It'd also just be a nice quality-of-life change, because is there any conceivable circumstance where you'll want to not at least take a look at the salvage? Not to mention the fact that it wouldn't be a huge project - as vulchor mentioned, they already did it in Sunless Sea.

--
Perhaps our role on this planet is not to worship God — but to create Him.
—Sir Arthur C Clarke

Lionel Anchovies. Character on indefinite hiatus.
+2 link