Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Skies

For the discussion of our Sunless Skies, released January 2019.

My Quick Impressions Messages in this topic - RSS

BartlebyAmaranth
BartlebyAmaranth

8/31/2017
I'm a long-time Sunless Sea and Fallen London player, so I am stoked to pick this up.

I have a few quick things I noticed after just a few minutes of play:

1. I can't seem to find anything in the shop interface that displays my current amount of gold. Maybe I'm missing it, but it would be nice to be able to tell at a glance how many sovereigns I have.

2. When I bring up the chart it makes an ungodly loud tearing noise that is wayyyy out of balance with the other GUI effects. I would like to see that a lot quieter.

3. I also ran into the chorister bee loot issue, but I didn't get the warning, just no ability to loot.

Other than that, I love it. A good iteration on the Sunless Aesthetic! Keep it up guys.
+1 link
Nanako
Nanako

8/31/2017
BartlebyAmaranth wrote:

1. I can't seem to find anything in the shop interface that displays my current amount of gold. Maybe I'm missing it, but it would be nice to be able to tell at a glance how many sovereigns I have.

I agree this is an issue, i mentioned it here
http://community.failbettergames.com/topic25076-niggling-issues.aspx

A workaround is that one of the buttons at the bottom has your gold displayed in one of those menus

2. When I bring up the chart it makes an ungodly loud tearing noise that is wayyyy out of balance with the other GUI effects. I would like to see that a lot quieter.

ive yet to experience this at all, oddly. bringing up the chart is entirely silent for me

--
Sunless Skies needs engine and speed control mechanics. Have a look at my design proposal for implementing it

http://community.failbettergames.com/topic25687-a-design-for-engines.aspx
0 link
FailbetterFuzz
FailbetterFuzz
Administrator

9/15/2017
Hola,

1. Noted. We will look into this, lots of people have mentioned it.
2. This bug is logged, we'll get it fixed as soon as we can
3. A fix for this went out with Wednesday's patch
+1 link