Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

The Manager's Dream Messages in this topic - RSS

Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

8/30/2017
Delightful writing as ever, and for some reason I still like the Manager for all his faults. Has anyone else played it yet? I am fretting over a certain choice and I need to gossip with fellow Londoners on that.

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
0 link
Diptych
Diptych
Administrator

8/30/2017
From reading others' journals - that dream can get rather saucy! Loosen my collars and fetch my fan! And, yes, I quite like the Manager too. I'm also hesitating over the final choice...

--
Diptych, the Emancipationist Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
0 link
BlabberingMat
BlabberingMat

8/30/2017
I just started it!With Manager being one of my favourite characters in Neath, this is one story I have been looking forward to

--
Alt-Lana Loter
Main-Always Drunk Slav

"To see a world in a grain of sand, and Heaven in wild flowers.
To hold an infinity in palm of hand and Eternity in an hour”

Finally, I am Crooked Cross! Feel free to send invitations for Salon!
As of June 5th, 1895, I am London's newest Legendary Charisma!

The current progress in Mega Soul Grind: 53727/1 639 121 Souls
0 link
dov
dov

8/30/2017
I also like the Manager. Too bad that he interpreted my chosen solution/choice at the end as betraying him (i.e. helping his enemies).

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+4 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

8/30/2017
I am trying to decide what to do with the tiny FingerKing! Any advice as to what happens with any option?

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
0 link
Chrisotoph
Chrisotoph

8/30/2017
[spoiler]If you feed it your dreams, your dream qualities decrease slightly, it leaves, the manager feels perhaps somewhat betrayed, and once you awake you find a tear of the Bazaar.[/spoiler]

--
Yours, Correspondent Chrisotoph
0 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

8/30/2017
Oh, so it is the final choice. I wonder what happens with the first two choices..

--
0 link
Chrisotoph
Chrisotoph

8/30/2017
So there was apparently already some discussion about this topic over here.

--
+1 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

8/30/2017
Oh thank you! I admit I only care for what the Manager thinks, not the material reward at this point.

--
0 link
Chrisotoph
Chrisotoph

8/30/2017
It seems he approves of both killing and pacifying the snake, I would say more the second than the first perhaps; these are the options he himself rewards you for. The vial of tears you see in a mirror before in the real world, and has an unmarked red and gold label on it: all this to me suggests that the third solution was either ineffective or unsatisfactory to the manager. But I think his nightmares were calmed in any case, for now.
edited by Chrisotoph on 8/30/2017

--
0 link
Reused NPC
Reused NPC

8/30/2017
I'll list this here as well:
Killing the snake gives an Intriguer's Compendium, feeding it false stories gives a Dreadful Surmise, and giving it your own dreams gives a Vial of Tears of the Bazaar. The Tears are probably the most valuable, but what does it matter?

(I for one chose to feed the snake false stories. Even if the snakes are deceitful b______s, it's hard to bring myself to kill one. Especially when snakes can be so cute!)

--
ReusedNPC, a d__ned lunatic.

Edmund Viric, a rather dreamy sort.

"I won't stay long, I shan't stay long! Tell me a secret."
--the Baldomerian
+3 link
PSGarak
PSGarak

8/30/2017
This piece of text caught my eye. Is it perhaps a hint to a Mystery?

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/PSGarak?fromEchoId=12373343

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/PSGarak
0 link
Vavakx Nonexus
Vavakx Nonexus

8/30/2017
Chrisotoph wrote:
It seems he approves of both killing and pacifying the snake, I would say more the second than the first perhaps; these are the options he himself rewards you for. The vial of tears you see in a mirror before in the real world, and has an unmarked red and gold label on it: all this to me suggests that the third solution was either ineffective or unsatisfactory to the manager. But I think his nightmares were calmed in any case, for now.
edited by Chrisotoph on 8/30/2017

I was under the impression that the vial of tears came from the Fingerkings. Leaving valuable items on your bedside is a respected serpentine tradition, red and gold are both colours associated with snakes, and the Manager didn't seem particularly fond of your actions.

I'd also suggest that he is more fond of the first choice than the second: Killing the snake nets you an entire Intriguer's Compendium from the Manager, while the second is only a thank-you note and a suggestion that what you saw is good secrets.
edited by Vavakx Nonexus on 8/30/2017

--
Amets Estibariz, the Moulting Eidolon: Cradled by a sun all their own.

Blabbing, the Hobo Everyone Knows: The One Who Pulls The Strings. A Clarity In The Darkness.

Charlotte and the Caretaker: A family?
+5 link
Kukapetal
Kukapetal

8/30/2017
Well, I was going to just ignore him and let him suffer with nightmares forever......but maybe I'll check out a peoples' journals to find out if I can be a huge a-hole to him. If so, it might be worth losing my new drink coaster, paperweight, and Pet Moth Who's Going To Hatch Any Day Now I Swear in order to play the storylet :P

EDIT: oh great, more whining about his douchy boyfriend. Does this guy have any other characterization at all? Seriously buddy, you've been in the neath for ages. FIND ANOTHER HOBBY.

Please tell me there's an option to let the snakes swallow him. Preferably headfirst so that it shuts him up faster :P
edited by Kukapetal on 8/30/2017
0 link
Reused NPC
Reused NPC

8/30/2017
Kukapetal wrote:
Well, I was going to just ignore him and let him suffer with nightmares forever......but maybe I'll check out a peoples' journals to find out if I can be a huge a-hole to him. If so, it might be worth losing my new drink coaster, paperweight, and Pet Moth Who's Going To Hatch Any Day Now I Swear in order to play the storylet :P

EDIT: oh great, more whining about his douchy boyfriend. Does this guy have any other characterization at all? Seriously buddy, you've been in the neath for ages. FIND ANOTHER HOBBY.

Please tell me there's an option to let the snakes swallow him. Preferably headfirst so that it shuts him up faster :P
edited by Kukapetal on 8/30/2017

Well, someone doesn't like the Manager. What'd he ever do to you, take your brass buttons?

--
ReusedNPC, a d__ned lunatic.

Edmund Viric, a rather dreamy sort.

"I won't stay long, I shan't stay long! Tell me a secret."
--the Baldomerian
+11 link
John Moose
John Moose

8/30/2017
PSGarak wrote:

I assumed the constant visions of snekky things was a hint as to what the problem was - the little noodle infecting his dreamworld in general.
+4 link
Vavakx Nonexus
Vavakx Nonexus

8/30/2017
PSGarak wrote:

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/PSGarak?fromEchoId=12373343

If we're collating interesting lore, I can't not mention this little tidbit about snakes and rebirth.

--
Amets Estibariz, the Moulting Eidolon: Cradled by a sun all their own.

Blabbing, the Hobo Everyone Knows: The One Who Pulls The Strings. A Clarity In The Darkness.

Charlotte and the Caretaker: A family?
+1 link
Blaine Davidson
Blaine Davidson

8/30/2017
I fed the snake false information because I enjoy being deceptive and tricky to equally deceptive and tricky beings

I do feel for the Manager though. I had to counsel a friend for a very long time after they "lost" a loved one and the dreams feel remiscent of that nonsensical regret and longing.

--
Blaine Davidson, a reserved and sensible woman with a fondness of collecting rarities.
0 link
PSGarak
PSGarak

8/30/2017
John Moose wrote:
I assumed the constant visions of snekky things was a hint as to what the problem was - the little noodle infecting his dreamworld in general.

I agree about what the presence of the snake-ish thing meant in general. I was referring more specifically to the "feline" description.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/PSGarak
0 link
Cthonius
Cthonius

8/30/2017
It seemed like the snakes infecting recurring elements of each city in memory. Snake on the Silver Tree, snake replacing where a cat would fit, etc

--
Cthonius, gone North. Gone.

Oneiropompus, a Scarlet Saint, eager to help make your dreams realities. Accepting all social requests for now.
+2 link