Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Enlist other Players: the Singing Mandrake

Here you can find help from other players. Find a chess partner, someone to listen to your nightmares, or a clique.

Sanguine Ribbons Messages in this topic - RSS

gronostaj
gronostaj

7/24/2017
Is it too early to ask who'd like to take a stab (heh) at the new lethal sparring bouts mechanic? It's definitely too early. Still. The question stands.

Nothing can replace K&C in me heart, but it sounds like a good sorrow-soothing PvP substitute. For the illegal activities that I certainly never took part in because they're illegal and I'm a good and law-abiding citizien.
edited by gronostaj on 7/25/2017

--
Gronostaj (pl. Ermine), a decadent duellist of mysterious and indistinct gender. Seeker. Willing to die- but not of boredom. Open to all social actions, including the harmful ones.
Soft-Spoken Surgeon, a doctor who owes an onerous debt. Professor of medicine at the University by day, at criminal employ by night. Open to all non-harmful social actions.
0 link
suinicide
suinicide

7/25/2017
I'd also like to stab some friends! Come one and come all!

--
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
+2 link
Arcanuse
Arcanuse

7/25/2017
Sounds like quite the time.
One more lethal brawler for the club.

Edit: Warning to prospective brawlers, the system is... Unstable, at the moment. Message tab clutter is probable.
edited by Arcanuse on 7/25/2017

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Arcanuse
+2 link
hellaGumshoe
hellaGumshoe

7/25/2017
Yeah, both of my accounts are up for it. Let's have some cool fights!

Got my first win, this is pretty cool.
Up for any fight, any time.
edited by hellaGumshoe on 7/26/2017

--
main account.

new account because i've completely forgotten how the early-game went
+1 link
Passionario
Passionario

7/26/2017
Save a life. Stab a Cider-holder instead.

--
Passionario: Profile, Story, Ending
Passion: Profile, Appearance
+5 link
Shadowcthuhlu
Shadowcthuhlu

7/26/2017
I'm willing to stab and be stabbed.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Dirae%20Erinyes. Closed to calling cards, but open for all other social action. I also love to roleplay.
+2 link
 Saklad
Saklad

7/26/2017
Shadowcthuhlu wrote:
I’m willing to stab and be stabbed.

I’m also willing to make like a determined flower and duel others to the death.

• --
    Saklad5, a man of many talents
  • +1 link
    Von Darken
    Von Darken

7/26/2017
    More than happy to have a knife thrust into my personage just as long as I can do the same to someone else.

--
    Mannfred von Darken - Accidentally aiding the forces of Evil since 1893
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Mannfred%20Von%20Darken
    +1 link
    Delta67
    Delta67

7/26/2017
    Finally I can get something other than the new Mayor to cut through. I'm here waiting for competitors.

--
    The reminiscence of a seeker. He was Delta67, He will not be again. Open for social activities, lethal sparring bouts preferred.

And who's this? Freshly arrived at Neath? Also feel free to send social activities to my alt.
    0 link
    Luminen Walker
    Luminen Walker

7/28/2017
    I'm looking for a sparring partner willing to risk their life. If anyone has any interest in frequent sporadic duels feel free to contact me.

--
    1 - Cpt. Martin Walker, a Paramount and Marvellous Dreamer.
    2 - Ariana Crivelli, a silent and sagacious lady.
    0 link
    Nigel Overstreet
    Nigel Overstreet

7/28/2017
    I'd be happy to throw the gauntlet down with the willing. And to share some Cider with any who would duel to the death.
    I presume we shall be following John Lyde Wilson's Rules for the Government of Principals and Seconds in Duelling? Posterity in all things. Even death. Especially death.

--
    The Romantic Egotist: Most Hedonistic Man in All of Fallen London
    Are you or someone you know Overgoated? Please, let me know!

Cider Club
    +1 link
    gronostaj
    gronostaj

7/29/2017
    You can safely assume that I'm always down for murder, unless I'm currently murdering someone else or rowing the slow-boat merrily down the stream.

That said, has anyone else on this thread noticed a significant victory/defeat disparity depending on whether you're the invited or the inviting party?

--
    Gronostaj (pl. Ermine), a decadent duellist of mysterious and indistinct gender. Seeker. Willing to die- but not of boredom. Open to all social actions, including the harmful ones.
    Soft-Spoken Surgeon, a doctor who owes an onerous debt. Professor of medicine at the University by day, at criminal employ by night. Open to all non-harmful social actions.
    +1 link
    CALLNXW
    CALLNXW

7/29/2017
    Passionario wrote:
    Save a life. Stab a Cider-holder instead.

• Help the poor - by stabbing the Vake

--
    https://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/Call%20Now
  • +1 link
    Nigel Overstreet
    Nigel Overstreet

7/29/2017
    For those who want Sanguine Ribbons, but don't want the guilt of sending someone to the Boatman, you can find a list of Cider owners here.
    It only takes us one actions to remove all Wounds and move from the Boat to our Lodgings, so a loss means very little to us.

--

Cider Club
    0 link
    Gonen
    Gonen

7/29/2017
    Nigel Overstreet wrote:
    For those who want Sanguine Ribbons, but don't want the guilt of sending someone to the Boatman, you can find a list of Cider owners here.
    It only takes us one actions to remove all Wounds and move from the Boat to our Lodgings, so a loss means very little to us.

Yea, but you are hard as hell to beat =)

(And I do mean Hell, as alternative history shows)

--
    The Ashen Anesthesiologist - Paramount Londoner

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness.

The long journey to eccentricity:
    On March 10th, 2018, reached 15 on all quirks, simultaneously. The Quirky Anesthesiologist
    +2 link
    dov
    dov

7/29/2017
    Note that losing a lethal sparring bout doesn't technically kill you. It just sets your Wounds to 8.

So you can still go to your inventory to drink a Tincture of Vigor, or to your message tab to accept a heal offer from a friend.

--
    Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
    (Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
    0 link
    Nigel Overstreet
    Nigel Overstreet

7/29/2017
    Gonen wrote:
    Nah. I'm 0 for 2. It's mostly luck anyway.

--

Cider Club
    0 link
     Saklad
    Saklad

7/29/2017
    Nigel Overstreet wrote:
    Gonen wrote:
    Nah. I'm 0 for 2. It’s mostly luck anyway.

I doubt it’s mostly luck, except as a tie-breaker. The real question is whether stats or tactics are more important.

• --
  • 0 link
     Saklad
    Saklad

7/29/2017
    dov wrote:
    Note that losing a lethal sparring bout doesn't technically kill you. It just sets your Wounds to 8.

So you can still go to your inventory to drink a Tincture of Vigor, or to your message tab to accept a heal offer from a friend.

It can also burn your freaking Horsehead Amulets, even though you were all ready to go play chess with the Boatman.

• --
  • +2 link
    gronostaj
    gronostaj

7/29/2017
    Saklad wrote:
    I doubt it’s mostly luck, except as a tie-breaker. The real question is whether stats or tactics are more important.

i'm thinking stats. the tactics dont seem to matter much except when choosing which stat (danger/shady) is measured against opponent's (corresponding? or chosen by an opponent?) stat. there's also certainly a degree of luck involved in that square-off. and then there are empowerments- but it's difficult for me to say whether choosing the dream empowerment empowers current bout, or the next one. it's sort of.... ambiguously worded

edit: my favourite tactics is gotta be the one from the dream of chess. "you could just hop on a horse and charge them down." think feducci will lend me a destrier if i ask really nicely? smile
    edited by gronostaj on 7/30/2017

--
    +2 link