Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Enlist other Players: the Singing Mandrake

Here you can find help from other players. Find a chess partner, someone to listen to your nightmares, or a clique.

Beginner tips and tricks Messages in this topic - RSS

Mallorie Erredy
Mallorie Erredy

7/23/2017
I've been on and off this game for years, but have never really gotten far.

Currently, I have Miss Mallorie playing as a pickpocket. Snarky as she is, she is going with the devil (when I get to him) and straying as far from police as possible.

Does anyone have any good tips and tricks I should know? It would be greatly appreciated! Would love acquaintances as well.

Thanks! smile
0 link
Amélie Vaincœur
Amélie Vaincœur

7/23/2017
Have a look over here perhaps: http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Beginner%27s_Guide

--
Enchantée.
0 link
Mallorie Erredy
Mallorie Erredy

7/23/2017
I'm aware of the guide, thanks. I was just thinking that tips from you guys would be more fun smile
+1 link
Teaspoon
Teaspoon

7/23/2017
Buy a rat. Spend the next month failing at every possible challenge.

It's a great way to grind your stats!

--
Truth lies at the bottom of a well.

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Alt%20Ern
+3 link
Ragnar Degenhand
Ragnar Degenhand

7/23/2017
Choose your home carefully, because its card will hang around forever. Consider the beached boat...

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Ragnar%20Degenhand
+1 link
gronostaj
gronostaj

7/23/2017
If you have an option to flirt with someone, take it.

--
Gronostaj (pl. Ermine), a decadent duellist of mysterious and indistinct gender. Seeker. Willing to die- but not of boredom. Open to all social actions, including the harmful ones.
Soft-Spoken Surgeon, a doctor who owes an onerous debt. Professor of medicine at the University by day, at criminal employ by night. Open to all non-harmful social actions.
0 link
suinicide
suinicide

7/23/2017
EXCEPT for the struggling artist.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
+2 link
gronostaj
gronostaj

7/23/2017
suinicide wrote:

naah what are you talking about there's clearly Nothing Wrong with an old "friend" from when I was A Veilgarden Low-Life With Persuasive 20 appearing Every Godd---ed Day in my deck to Ask Me For Money the Cheeky Little Squirt of a Rake look at me I'm clearly Very Happy About It

(no i'm not. i have made a horrible mistake. my lack of temperance has been punished. my mistakes haunt me. at this point the city vices:the entanglement with an old friend could as well be a black-bordered card for it haunts me so.)

--
Gronostaj (pl. Ermine), a decadent duellist of mysterious and indistinct gender. Seeker. Willing to die- but not of boredom. Open to all social actions, including the harmful ones.
Soft-Spoken Surgeon, a doctor who owes an onerous debt. Professor of medicine at the University by day, at criminal employ by night. Open to all non-harmful social actions.
+2 link
suinicide
suinicide

7/23/2017
gronostaj wrote:
suinicide wrote:

naah what are you talking about there's clearly Nothing Wrong with an old &quotfriend&quot from when I was A Veilgarden Low-Life With Persuasive 20 appearing Every Godd---ed Day in my deck to Ask Me For Money the Cheeky Little Squirt of a Rake look at me I'm clearly Very Happy About It

(no i'm not. i have made a horrible mistake. my lack of temperance has been punished. my mistakes haunt me. at this point the city vices:the entanglement with an old friend could as well be a black-bordered card for it haunts me so.)

The true reason to seek the name: to start again, this time without him in your deck.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
+4 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead

7/23/2017
Does he still show up if you have obscurity? If so, I'd admire his tenacity if I didn't hate him so much.

--
McGunn/Bsymstad is on the slow boat, waiting to see if he can find out what death is. (I'm done with London for now. Thanks for everything!)
Amanda Albright is a *spoiler* now, like she always wanted.
+2 link
gronostaj
gronostaj

7/23/2017
Pumpkinhead wrote:
Does he still show up if you have obscurity? If so, I'd admire his tenacity if I didn't hate him so much.

not sure about that, but you can escape him by hiding in a literal cellar forever

--
+2 link
Ragnar Degenhand
Ragnar Degenhand

7/24/2017
Or a Zee Zhell, of course.
Not sure if this is still helpful...

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Ragnar%20Degenhand
+1 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

7/24/2017
suinicide wrote:
The true reason to seek the name: to start again, this time without him in your deck.

Can Seeking get rid of him?
I was never eager to play that story when I started and I realize how lucky I was! Thanks to the forum I found out that he's no good, did a little research and I just ignored him. But I would wish to know him better if it's possible to make him go away! Big Grin

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
0 link
dov
dov

7/24/2017
Skinnyman wrote:
suinicide wrote:

Can Seeking get rid of him?
I was never eager to play that story when I started and I realize how lucky I was! Thanks to the forum I found out that he's no good, did a little research and I just ignored him. But I would wish to know him better if it's possible to make him go away! Big Grin

I think what suinicide meant was to pursue Seeking to completely destroy your character, so that the next character you create won't bother with the Artist to begin with.

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+1 link
SeveredJoke
SeveredJoke

7/24/2017
Mallorie Erredy wrote:
I've been on and off this game for years, but have never really gotten far.

Currently, I have Miss Mallorie playing as a pickpocket. Snarky as she is, she is going with the devil (when I get to him) and straying as far from police as possible.

Does anyone have any good tips and tricks I should know? It would be greatly appreciated! Would love acquaintances as well.

Thanks! smile

I’m playing through as alternative characters now and making much better progress now I’m starting to pay attention to the rewards of actions.

When you are ‘making your name’ in the various disciplines it will often have requirements for X amount of something. For the most you will be able to grind for those things in the same location. Sometimes the options will be specific (“this will allow you to gain more…”) and for others it’s linked to the storylet (e.g. the spirifier storylet will you get the souls you need for the raid on the Brass Embassy).

Make lots of friends, playing alone without social actions will mean a slower progression. Either that or set up alternative accounts for that purpose. You can find all my characters in my signature.

Don’t forget to get dressed for the occasion. It took an embarrassingly long time for me to twig that you could set up different outfits to boost stats rather than tediously equipping different clothes / items to maximise chances of success.

--
Annabelle McAllister - Nemesis

Marlon JD - Bag a Legend

Suzi Bapsthwaite - Light Fingers

Delilah Moreo - Heart's Desire

Alexei Totkinder - Nemesis
+4 link
Mallorie Erredy
Mallorie Erredy

7/24/2017
I've added you all to my contacts! Thanks so much for all of your tips smile
+2 link
SeveredJoke
SeveredJoke

7/24/2017
If not already mentioned, look at your Myself tab and your items for anything with a green border.

These are items that can either be converted into other items or little storylets offering the chance to get rarer items.

--
Annabelle McAllister - Nemesis

Marlon JD - Bag a Legend

Suzi Bapsthwaite - Light Fingers

Delilah Moreo - Heart's Desire

Alexei Totkinder - Nemesis
0 link
Chwomp
Chwomp

7/27/2017
Welcome, delicious friend! This may be a basic tip, but if you're planning to engage in illegal activities, you'll soon attract some Suspicion. It's hard to remove, but it can be done with some "Nikolas & Sons Instant Ablution Absolution" from Nikolas pawnbrokers at the Bazaar. They also sell cures for nightmares or wounds. (Although those can be cured with some rest, if you have the time.) Also, try to stay away from mirrors and well unless you know exactly what you're doing with them.
Feel free to send me a calling card, if you seek a friend.
- Malvolus.

--
Malvolus - The ruthless moster hunter, at your
service.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Malvolus
+1 link