Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Connected Pet (some spoilers) Messages in this topic - RSS

streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

2/8/2012
Greetings ^^

Just today I got an object (a Clandestine rendez-vous in Watchmaker's Hill)that entitled me to the action "A Clandestine rendez-vous", that, according to the description of the object, should entitle me to a Connected Pet.

Does anybody know what it is exactly?

Thanks for the advice ^^
edited by streetfelineblue on 2/8/2012

--
Twitter: @streetfelineblu
Blue's LiveJournal
Blue's Echo Bazaar profile
Blue's Night Circus diary
Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
0 link
Patrick Reding
Patrick Reding

2/8/2012
I was right!
Patrick Reding wrote:
My guess: [The previewed pet images] are pets that unlock through faction-specific storylines that add Connected when equipped.

edited by Patrick Reding on 2/8/2012

--
http://echobazaar.failbettergames.com/Profile/Yana
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

2/8/2012
...I just happened to find another similar card, so I went for the action. My pet is a Hungover Terrier (+1 Bizarre) ^^ And I'm not pissed at all; just curious to see where this is going *_*

EDIT: my pet does show in the Pet list, and is fully equippable. Cubethulhu, maybe a small bug?

--
Blue's LiveJournal
Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
0 link
Branden Linton
Branden Linton

2/8/2012
streetfelineblue wrote:
...I just happened to find another similar card, so I went for the action. My pet is a Hungover Terrier (+1 Bizarre) ^^ And I'm not pissed at all; just curious to see where this is going *_*

EDIT: my pet does show in the Pet list, and is fully equippable. Cubethulhu, maybe a small bug?

Exactly my pets not even a pet. I got gypped.

--
Brom Girvan: a man of shadows and secrets. http://echobazaar.failbettergames.com/Profile/Brom~Girvan
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

2/8/2012
Well, just report it to ebbugs@failbettergames.com ^^

--
Blue's LiveJournal
0 link
Rune Hofseth
Rune Hofseth

2/8/2012
I got the same pet at Branden Linton, mine tho is located within the 'Curiosity' section

--
Twitter: @BodhiBloodWave
Facebook: Rune Hofseth
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Rune~Hofseth
0 link
Branden Linton
Branden Linton

2/8/2012
streetfelineblue wrote:

Sent, hope I don't get a response that explains that its just not a real pet. -_-

--
Brom Girvan: a man of shadows and secrets. http://echobazaar.failbettergames.com/Profile/Brom~Girvan
0 link
Maurna Frost
Maurna Frost

2/8/2012
Branden Linton wrote:
Well my "pet" for picking the hell option was a Preening Macaw . Sense it doesn't show up in the pet tab and does absolutely nothing for me I am rather miffed. Unless Fail Better fixes this I will be thoroughly pissed for about a week.

Er did it cost you Fate? I'm not sure why the great anger? My delicious starveling cat is not a "pet" and I can still interact with him. And even if your dearling isn't a "pet" you can always submit feedback requesting a promotion to "proper" status...

--
~MF

I greatly enjoy meeting delicious new friends and participating in deliciously exciting new adventures! Please feel free to drop a card to meet for dinner, exchange favors, give an interview, or any other activity that comes to mind. I DO particpate in exchanges requiring Fate, BUT you must contact me first; twitter, facebook, or here on the forums via PM.

Note: I am currently exchanging parcels with a large number of dear friends and my parcel opportunities are rare. I am always willing to exchange but your rate of return may be rather slow. To find others to exchange with I recommend the Starveling list.
0 link
Alexis Kennedy
Alexis Kennedy

2/8/2012
Branden Linton wrote:
Well my "pet" for picking the hell option was a Preening Macaw . Sense it doesn't show up in the pet tab and does absolutely nothing for me I am rather miffed. Unless Fail Better fixes this I will be thoroughly pissed for about a week.

Branden, please read and abide by the forum guidelines.
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

2/8/2012
Branden Linton wrote:
streetfelineblue wrote:

Sent, hope I don't get a response that explains that its just not a real pet. -_-

IDK, but: they've been presented in the same sneak peek, they have a similar descriptor and were obtained in an analogous way... I highly doubt there could be a substantial difference, if not in the outcome of the storylets they could unlock (again, I don't know, but coming from a gold-bordered card makes me think they'll have long-term consequences).

--
Blue's LiveJournal
0 link
Branden Linton
Branden Linton

2/8/2012
Alexis Kennedy wrote:
Branden Linton wrote:

Branden, please read and abide by the forum guidelines.

I honestly thought it wasn't a bug. I mean the starveling cat says it gives -3 persuasive but its not equip-able so I always thought it was like that.

--
0 link
Zack Oak
Zack Oak

2/8/2012
I chose the urchins, and managed to get a grubby kitten. I am worried, however, that this is the only one of this sort of pet I can obtain. Are we able to get more than one kind of connected pets?

--
Roland Banning, The Ambitious Operative (Profile)
Tumblr RP Account
Ask me about the Delicious Friends RP group!
Open for social actions (no cats or photographers, please. Currently taking a break from K&C.)
0 link
Curious Fellow
Curious Fellow

2/8/2012
I got the same pet as streetfelineblue; the quality that I got for it is more interesting to me than the pet itself, to be honest! I -am- wondering if there'll be a fate-locked option to pick a different pet, though (I didn't realize it was a final sort of choice, and I'm not sure if I would've chosen something else).
0 link
Dave
Dave

2/8/2012
Curious Fellow wrote:
I got the same pet as streetfelineblue; the quality that I got for it is more interesting to me than the pet itself, to be honest! I -am- wondering if there'll be a fate-locked option to pick a different pet, though (I didn't realize it was a final sort of choice, and I'm not sure if I would've chosen something else).

The quality that comes with the pet for both the Tomb Colonist side and Docks side (ah, the joy of alts) is fascinating as well. I too want more information on if we will be able to acquire multiple pets - though perhaps we will have to resolve one story quality at a time?

--
The Dave, a terrifying, lethal, inescapable and sagacious gentleman
0 link
Branden Linton
Branden Linton

2/8/2012
Well apparently the clandestine rendezvous is a item that allows you to pick a pet. Considering there seems to be more then one card to get this there might be a way to get more pets.

--
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

2/8/2012
I would have liked a Grubby kitten, but the Terrier is nice too, it was the most fitting choice for my character story-wise, and I like the sound of the Quality it gave ^^

Anyway, before thinking of getting more pets, we should discover what our ones do, exactly!

--
Blue's LiveJournal
0 link
Passionario
Passionario

2/8/2012
My spy contacts gave me a Subtle Mole (Dreaded +1) to look after.

Later this evening, I received an opportunity card that had said pet as a requirement. One of the possible choice was to get rid of it ("send it on an impossible mission from which it will not return"). So it appears that our choice is not permanent and can be changed later.

--
Passionario: Profile, Story, Ending
Passion: Profile, Appearance
+1 link