Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Election

A place for in-game political discussion.

Donations: The Aftermath Messages in this topic - RSS

Tystefy
Tystefy

7/5/2017
Just curious, what happens to any remaining Donations when the election is over? I'm talking about the campaigner ones.

--
Will sometimes return to post absurdity.
0 link
Gillsing
Gillsing

7/5/2017
If nothing happens I guess each 50 of them is good for a Favours: Hell. Or, if you don't value your actions that highly, it might be more profitable to hold the minor events that have a 50% chance to yield a Favour for 5 Donations Received.

But who knows? Maybe surplus Donations Received will give some reward, much like Election Career levels apparently did last time. Personally I've made sure to not ask for more than I can spend on levelling up Influencing the Election.
0 link
Tystefy
Tystefy

7/5/2017
Oh wait I forgot to add a poll to this thread FAKK

--
Will sometimes return to post absurdity.
0 link
Ysrthgrathe
Ysrthgrathe

7/5/2017
Really?
Election Career levels gave a reward? I have absolutely no recollection of this.
What was the reward?

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/Ysrthgrathe
+1 link
Rasvarmo
Rasvarmo

7/5/2017
What happens if you don't have any campaign donations? I've been trying to solicit donations for 6 days now and keep getting an error message. (And yes, I've emailed two error reports on this to no effect.) Can other players donate surplus, er, donations?

--
Rasvarmo - a lady of distinction and ambition. Open to social exchanges.

"No records. No writings. Words can be treacherous. If a story is important, it will be remembered."
0 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

7/5/2017
Ysrthgrathe wrote:
Really?
Election Career levels gave a reward? I have absolutely no recollection of this.
What was the reward?

One or two Sworn Statements per level; about 5 Echoes or some such.

But unlike last year, you probably spent enough donations that short of giving a Searing Enema per level you will come out with a net loss, so don't worry about rewards.

Rasvarmo - you may want to look into finding people to throw Debates with instead, since the Winnings from Debates serve the same purpose as Donations.

--
Estelle Knoht, a juvenile, unreliable and respectable lady.
I currently do not accept any catbox, cider, suppers, calling cards or proteges.
0 link
Lady Sapho Byron
Lady Sapho Byron

7/5/2017
Rasvarmo wrote:
What happens if you don't have any campaign donations? I've been trying to solicit donations for 6 days now and keep getting an error message. (And yes, I've emailed two error reports on this to no effect.) Can other players donate surplus, er, donations?

I have the same problem! I did get an email acknowledging my submitted bug report, but as yet I am a Campaigner who can no longer solicit Donations. Although given who I am and who the DTC is, maybe this makes sense.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Lady%20Sapho%20L%20Byron
Fighting the Menace of Corsetry Since 1892.
+2 link
Gillsing
Gillsing

7/5/2017
Estelle Knoht wrote:
Searing Enema

Ouch. And in my mind I imagine a connection with the profile picture and auto-correct.
+4 link
Nigel Overstreet
Nigel Overstreet

7/6/2017
Ysrthgrathe wrote:
Really?
What was the reward?
Here you go.

--
The Romantic Egotist: Most Hedonistic Man in All of Fallen London
Are you or someone you know Overgoated? Please, let me know!

Cider Club
0 link