Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Which Except. Stories use rare items/qualities? Messages in this topic - RSS

Optimatum
Optimatum

10 days ago
Vermin-free and Sympathetic to Ratly Concerns come up as well.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Cider? Just say hi! Christmas Cards appreciated though, especially the Fogscape with Tentacles.

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
+1 link
Azothi
Azothi

10 days ago
Ah, that's right, and also Flute Street.

--
Azoth I, the Amaranthine Wanderer - Midnighter - A Paramount Presence (not currently accepting new Proteges)
Away to where the Chain cannot bind us.
Hesperidean.
+1 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

10 days ago
Hoooooly!!! Many thanks, deliciuous, many thanks!
[spoiler]Regarding the "Two urchins in a trench coat" mysterious benefactor and Heart's Desire qualities, what are the exact requirements?
I don't even know about Two urchins in a trench coat.

[/spoiler]
Same for Flute Street. What quality or level is required?
edited by Skinnyman on 11/29/2019

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
0 link
Kharsirr Lynx
Kharsirr Lynx

10 days ago
What do you receive if you actually travel to Flute Street?

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Kharsirr%20Lynx
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

10 days ago
Kharsirr Lynx wrote:
What do you receive if you actually travel to Flute Street?
Think The Old Man is talking about Location of an Underground Organ.

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
0 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

10 days ago
Two urchins in a trenchcoat are your mysterious benefactors if you chose the persuasive route/weapon at the very beginning of the game.
Don't tell me that I had to travel to Flute street... I had the route, but I got the impression it wasn't needed, and the trip being so long, I didn't take the risk.

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
0 link
Azothi
Azothi

10 days ago
Re: Skinnyman
[spoiler]Skinnyman wrote:
Regarding the "Two urchins in a trench coat" mysterious benefactor and Heart's Desire qualities, what are the exact requirements?
I don't even know about Two urchins in a trench coat.
The precise requirements might be "A Bag of Fierce Mint Humbugs" (the Persuasive benefactor item) and "the Protégé of a Mysterious Benefactor 8" (indicating you've finished the story).

I don't have Heart's Desire, but my understanding was that you only need to have the Ambition.

Skinnyman wrote:
Same for Flute Street. What quality or level is required?
edited by Skinnyman on 11/29/2019
If I recall correctly, it needs Visiting Flute Street 5. What that means, I don't know. The associated text says, "Don't fink I 'aven't seen you sneakin' down to Flute Street", which would imply that you need to have visited at least once.
[/spoiler]

--
Azoth I, the Amaranthine Wanderer - Midnighter - A Paramount Presence (not currently accepting new Proteges)
Hesperidean.
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

10 days ago
[spoiler]The branch I played required no Bag of Fierce Mint Humbugs, so presumably the other option required them.

IIRC, Visiting Flute Street 5 is the point in the story where you actually embark for Flute Street. Possibly there could be another branch for Visiting 1-4, implying your character is aware of it but hasn't been there, but I doubt it.[/spoiler]

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Cider? Just say hi! Christmas Cards appreciated though, especially the Fogscape with Tentacles.

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
Μαρσ
Μαρσ

10 days ago
There also seems to be a bit of text only for Rat-Catchers (seeing every other profession in an unlock condition).

--
Μαρσ,
A Londoner, Zubmariner, Chef, a Doctor, and an Invisible Eminence. All social actions are welcomed.
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

6 days ago
Recap for this month, shall we?
[spoiler]Items:
Newspaper
Cider
A Bag of Fierce Mint Humbugs (Persuasive Mysterious Benefactor)

Qualities:
The Protégé of a Mysterious Benefactor 8 (Conclusion)
Heart's Desire or any other?
Vermin-free
Sympathetic about Ratly Concerns
Visiting Flute Street 5
Rat-Catchers profession[/spoiler]
@Opti, are your talking about the same branch when you're referring to the Bag?
@Mars, do you mean that every other profession is a lock condition?

--
0 link
Μαρσ
Μαρσ

6 days ago
Skinnyman wrote:

The option to [spoiler]tear down all the walls of your lodgings to find more of the rat nest[/spoiler]
is 'Unlocked when Profession - is: ...'
In the list that follows you can find every possible and impossible Profession, from Minor Poet to Unibishop,
with the exception of Rat-Catcher.

--
Μαρσ,
A Londoner, Zubmariner, Chef, a Doctor, and an Invisible Eminence. All social actions are welcomed.
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

6 days ago
Μαρσ wrote:
Skinnyman wrote:
is 'Unlocked when Profession - is: ...'
In the list that follows you can find every possible and impossible Profession, from Minor Poet to Unibishop,

with the exception of Rat-Catcher.
I haven't played the story, but if there are no other option, it sure means that there's an invisible one requiring Rat-Catcher.

Thanks!
edited by Skinnyman on 12/3/2019

--
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

6 days ago
Skinnyman wrote:

Correct. I don't think either branch requires the Mysterious Benefactor quality at all, just the Bag or its absence.

--

0 link
Azothi
Azothi

6 days ago
Optimatum wrote:
Skinnyman wrote:

Correct. I don't think either branch requires the Mysterious Benefactor quality at all, just the Bag or its absence.
I'm going off memory, but the branch I encountered checked both the Bag and the Mysterious Benefactor, since the revelation about the benefactor's identity (which is referenced) isn't until the end of the story.

--
Hesperidean.
0 link