Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Which Except. Stories use rare items/qualities? Messages in this topic - RSS

Skinnyman
Skinnyman

2/15/2020
HarperMargrave wrote:
In playing catch-up, there's a minor dialogue change in October's ES (Say It With Flowers) based on your results in The Gift.
[spoiler]If you earned the favor of the Brooding Captain, the note he leaves beneath the palace for you acknowledges it.[/spoiler]

Took a while, but here I am adding them! Is the requirement related to the quality of The Gift or the item you can from that ending?

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
0 link
silurica
silurica

2/15/2020
The Gift isn't visible as a branch requirement, but the the conversations with the Princess and the Captain definitely have minor differences depending on which ending of the Gift you got or if you haven't played it. It's kind of like a certain part in My Kingdom for a Pig, except in Pig the requirement wasn't hidden.

--
Meika Osborne, the Reckless Researcher
Leonard West, the Scarlet Informant
Chizuru Nishiooji, the Rueful Ex-Diplomat
+1 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

2/27/2020
Up with this for Marchh's Exceptional Story! Big Grin

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
0 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

2/28/2020
It's best to go into Shades of Yesterday with an urchin favor, Maniac's prayers, honey and cryptic clues, but the amount needed is little!

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
+1 link
PSGarak
PSGarak

2/28/2020
Shades of Yesterday contains a potential reference to another Exceptional Story. It is not a required quality, but I'm interested if the text varies.
[spoiler]One choice for the ending refers to the Borough Council, whose only other appearance in Fallen London is Required Repairs, the Exceptional Story from August 2018.

I have played that ES, and chose the ending that involves the Council. The text for that choice is here: https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/PSGarak/17844067

If someone else has different text for that option, I would be interested.
[/spoiler]

Note that for the prayers, honey, and clues, you can exit the story and return, so it's not necessary to stock up ahead of time. That may also be the case for the Urchin favor but I'm not 100% sure.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/PSGarak
+1 link
PSGarak
PSGarak

3/26/2020
Go Tell the King of Cats has an option unlocked with being the Ambassador to Arbor.
[spoiler]It's less than a half-dozen actions into the story, when the story quality is 15. You're trying to secure an audience with the Duchess, and it's one option of three for which connections to use.

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/PSGarak/18020672
[/spoiler]

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/PSGarak
+1 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

3/27/2020
Optimatum wrote:
Strange that the initial option is unlocked with Connected: Glass and Connected: Shroud below 25, when (as far as I can tell from the wiki) it's impossible to get them higher.

Can anyone still confirm this?

Even if I don't reply nor update the sheet, I'm still around except that I'm terribly busy. upset
Thank you all for your contributions and comments!

--
0 link
Dagforth
Dagforth

3/31/2020
Skinnyman wrote:
Optimatum wrote:
Strange that the initial option is unlocked with Connected: Glass and Connected: Shroud below 25, when (as far as I can tell from the wiki) it's impossible to get them higher.

Can anyone still confirm this?

I also noticed this and I held off on progressing for a while to see if there was any enlightenment from the fora.

It was certainly still true on March 28th when I passed this point.
+1 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

4/30/2020
Oh, yes, bump!

--
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

5/1/2020
And my busy and lazy Neath ass updated the sheet.
A big thanks to those who added their contributions!

--
0 link
Winthropx
Winthropx

5/8/2020
Did someone mention that the bear trap from the anarchist’s renown reward have an option show up?

--
Bishop Winthrop, a kind-hearted soul
A Paramount Presence
I accept all social actions
His Appearance
http://community.failbettergames.com/topic9363-your-characters-appearances.aspx?messageid=229809&Page=10#post#post229809
0 link
menaulon
menaulon

5/8/2020
Winthropx wrote:
Did someone mention that the bear trap from the anarchist’s renown reward have an option show up?

Yes, you can use the Implausible Beartrap in the Ballad of Johny Croak, latest EF story.

--
Menaulon
Open to social actions, but would prefer to be betrayed in the search for Photographer.
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

5/29/2020
You know, that time of the month when ES items and qualities sheet can be updated with The Dilettante's Debut

--
0 link
NotaWalrus
NotaWalrus

5/29/2020
To my knowledge, there are no opportunities to use rare qualities in the Dilettante's debut, even though Shapeling Arts really feels like it should have some check.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/NotaWalrus
Ignacious, the Fluid Professor, he will accept most social invitations, including boxed cats and affluent photographers (but only betrayals), though he is absent-minded and might take more time than entirely necessary. He apologizes.
+1 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

18 days ago
You know, do help here if there's something new!
Thanks to all that put effort into sending me messages while I don't update the sheet! Fear not, I will, but Surface work is too demanding.

--
0 link
Ixc
Ixc

18 days ago
The new Exceptional Story (Paisley) uses the Language of Laces.

--
Pleased to meet you. Ixc, spy and detective. Inventor of the Correspondence Cannon.
Are you a Paramount Presence? Record your name here. For posterity, of course.

Being poked incessantly by nightmares? Poke them back!
Vote the Viscountess for Mayor!
+1 link
NotaWalrus
NotaWalrus

17 days ago
Paisley also checks for membership of the velocipede squad and whether you've finished Bag a Legend (as well as what ending you picked).

--
Ignacious, the Fluid Professor, he will accept most social invitations, including boxed cats and affluent photographers (but only betrayals), though he is absent-minded and might take more time than entirely necessary. He apologizes.
+1 link
Dagforth
Dagforth

14 days ago
Paisley has an option unlocked by not having the Moderately Cooperative Clothes Colony. I infer it probably has an alternate option unlocked by having it.
0 link
NotaWalrus
NotaWalrus

14 days ago
Dagforth wrote:
Paisley has an option unlocked by not having the Moderately Cooperative Clothes Colony. I infer it probably has an alternate option unlocked by having it.

It does. It changes the dialogue slightly.

--
0 link