Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

This can't be good (spoilers) Messages in this topic - RSS

An Individual
An Individual

6/29/2017
So it seems The Dauntless Temperence Campaigner is pouring gallons of prisoner's honey down a well. I'm sure nothing bad can come of pouring gallons of dream honey down a spooky well. It's not like there are any connections between wells and dangerous dream based entities. This is fine. Everything is fine.
edited by An Individual on 6/29/2017

--
An Individual's Profile
The RNG giveth and the RNG taketh away.
Goat Farming or Cider Brewing? This browser extension may help.
Want a Cider sip? Please refer to this guide before requesting.
Scholaring the Correspondence? A Brief Guide to Courier's Footprint.
Contemplating Oblivion? First Steps on the Seeking Road.
Gone NORTH? Opened the gate? Throw your character in a well.
+6 link
Kukapetal
Kukapetal

6/29/2017
Does this mean Stoned-Out-Of-His-Mind Mr. Eaten is going to be a thing from now on? Because that would be amazing.
+14 link
Anchovies
Anchovies

6/29/2017
In that case, maybe he should change his name to Mr Munchies.

--
Perhaps our role on this planet is not to worship God — but to create Him.
—Sir Arthur C Clarke

Lionel Anchovies. Character on indefinite hiatus.
+8 link
Anne Auclair
Anne Auclair

6/29/2017
Prisoners Honey actually decreases your appetite - that's why honey addicts all look so thin and malnourished.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Anne%20Auclair
+3 link
LillianAranach
LillianAranach

6/29/2017
An Individual wrote:
This is fine. Everything is fine.

I believe you mean all shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

--
They say, "There is a delightfully delectable corruption about Aranach, and she seeks to spread it, all the while revelling in truth and sin in equal parts."

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Lillian%20Aranach
+5 link
SeveredJoke
SeveredJoke

6/29/2017
On a derail I got chills watching the latest Twin Peaks and the distinctly Eaten-esque mantra:

This is the water and this is the well. Drink full and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.

--
Annabelle McAllister - Nemesis

Marlon JD - Bag a Legend

Suzi Bapsthwaite - Light Fingers

Delilah Moreo - Heart's Desire

Alexei Totkinder - Nemesis
+6 link
Kylestien
Kylestien

6/29/2017
I'm sure nothing can possibly go wrong here. There are plans for reckonings. Although I'm not sure they cover for idiocy of this level.
edited by Kylestien on 6/29/2017

--
I will accept all actions, though I hold the right to refuse for my own reasons. However, if you explain WHY you send me a harmful action like Loitering or Dantes,And I feel the reason good, I will consider it more. https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Kylestien

Paramount Presense. Any lesson you desire to learn, I shall impart it. (:
+1 link
SeveredJoke
SeveredJoke

6/29/2017
What harm could possibly occur when he joins all the other honey dreamers? It could be a wonderful party.

--
Annabelle McAllister - Nemesis

Marlon JD - Bag a Legend

Suzi Bapsthwaite - Light Fingers

Delilah Moreo - Heart's Desire

Alexei Totkinder - Nemesis
+4 link
Anne Auclair
Anne Auclair

6/29/2017
It will be interesting to see what happens. I don't think anyone has ever considered the question of: "What would happen if I poured a ton of honey down a well?"

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Anne%20Auclair
+7 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead

6/30/2017
I would think it would eventually start fermenting or rotting, so we either end up with a bunch of mead or a cesspit?
Or it might just solidify, like all the honey I've ever had for more than a month. Well-candy, anyone?

--
McGunn/Bsymstad is on the slow boat, waiting to see if he can find out what death is. (I'm done with London for now. Thanks for everything!)
Amanda Albright is a *spoiler* now, like she always wanted.
+1 link
MidnightVoyager
MidnightVoyager

6/30/2017
Pumpkinhead wrote:
I would think it would eventually start fermenting or rotting, so we either end up with a bunch of mead or a cesspit?
Or it might just solidify, like all the honey I've ever had for more than a month. Well-candy, anyone?

Real honey is basically immortal. There are jars of it from ancient Egypt that are still perfectly edible. Crystalizing is perfectly natural for honey and doesn't affect its edibility.

--
Midnight Voyager - A blood-cousin to predators. Collector of beasts. Affably mad.
+4 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

6/30/2017
Maybe if we give Mr Eaten enough honey, he'll be transported to Parabola and keep the Fingerkings busy. That or his immense appetite will just serve as a bottomless honey trashcan.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Cider? Just say hi!

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
+2 link
LillianAranach
LillianAranach

6/30/2017
MidnightVoyager wrote:

Real honey is basically immortal. There are jars of it from ancient Egypt that are still perfectly edible. Crystalizing is perfectly natural for honey and doesn't affect its edibility.

I didn't know that. What an interesting tidbit! Thank you!

--
They say, "There is a delightfully delectable corruption about Aranach, and she seeks to spread it, all the while revelling in truth and sin in equal parts."

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Lillian%20Aranach
0 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead

6/30/2017
Yeah, I learned too. Cool fact!
So I guess what we're saying is the honey will crystalize in the bottom of the well, for the inhabitants of the 7th city to dig up and ponder over?

--
McGunn/Bsymstad is on the slow boat, waiting to see if he can find out what death is. (I'm done with London for now. Thanks for everything!)
Amanda Albright is a *spoiler* now, like she always wanted.
+1 link
Hattington
Hattington

6/30/2017
An Individual wrote:
So it seems The Dauntless Temperence Campaigner is pouring gallons of prisoner's honey down a well. I'm sure nothing bad can come of pouring gallons of dream honey down a spooky well. It's not like there are any connections between wells and dangerous dream based entities. This is fine. Everything is fine.
edited by An Individual on 6/29/2017

...oh, no. Well-water (and Mr. Eaten's blessing) is a vital ingredient in frying traditional Mutton Island rubbery lumps.

I'm going to be so mad if this inshore dumping sweetens the Lumps too much. Or puts snakes in them.

• --
    The Twice-Dawnburnt, Vake-Riding Biscuit Thief: https://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/Hattington
  • +5 link
    MidnightVoyager
    MidnightVoyager

6/30/2017
    LillianAranach wrote:
    MidnightVoyager wrote:

I didn't know that. What an interesting tidbit! Thank you!

Honey's really cool that way. The crystallization actually is self-preservation. If you have crystallized honey, all you have to do is heat it up (slowly. Put the jar in warm water and let it heat) and bam, it is now liquid honey once more. Or you can just eat it, it's still honey. It just wouldn't be as good for tea... more like a thing you put on a biscuit.

In Nemesis, you have a drop of red honey that you take. It was a fragment found in a jar that was re-liquefied. So it seems like special honey acts at least similar to normal honey in that way.

--
    Midnight Voyager - A blood-cousin to predators. Collector of beasts. Affably mad.
    +4 link
    Isaac Zienfried
    Isaac Zienfried

6/30/2017
    You also use a few crystallized chips of red honey in Sunless Sea, while raiding the Tomb of the Monkey Emperors.

--
    Isaac Zienfried, 'The Vacillating Belligerent.'
    A gentleman of complicated loyalties, complicated morality, and complicated goals.
    But really, it's hard to keep things simple down here!
    +3 link
    folklore364
    folklore364

7/2/2017
    The idea of Mr. Eaten getting stoned is rather hilarious to me. Maybe he'd enjoy the honey dreams, you know get out and about from the wells where he's stuck. Bit of fresh would be good for him.

--
    A correspondent who hungers for knowledge. May have doomed london to war with Hell.
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/folklore364
    0 link
    ForScience
    ForScience

7/2/2017
    A vote for the DTC is a vote for getting Mr Eaten stoned!

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/ForScience - The Intrepid Scholar. A dauntless scientist.
    +12 link
    Isaac Zienfried
    Isaac Zienfried

7/2/2017
    ForScience wrote:
    A vote for the DTC is a vote for getting Mr Eaten stoned!

I'm using that. I'm using that.

--
    Isaac Zienfried, 'The Vacillating Belligerent.'
    A gentleman of complicated loyalties, complicated morality, and complicated goals.
    But really, it's hard to keep things simple down here!
    +1 link