Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Election

A place for in-game political discussion.

The Honey-Well: Dauntless Temperance Headquarters Messages in this topic - RSS

Blaine Davidson
Blaine Davidson
Posts: 396

7/4/2017
Alright, you win. Damn you Auclair but your efforts in addition to the recent Feducci revelations have swayed me.

I'm jumping ship as soon as this debate has finished. The Campaigner may be wasteful but at least she isn't paranoid or aimless.

--
Blaine Davidson, a reserved and sensible woman with a fondness of collecting rarities.
+4 link
Anne Auclair
Anne Auclair
Posts: 2221

7/4/2017
Blaine Davidson wrote:
Alright, you win. Damn you Auclair but your efforts in addition to the recent Feducci revelations have swayed me.

I'm jumping ship as soon as this debate has finished. The Campaigner may be wasteful but at least she isn't paranoid or aimless.

I'll get you the final bit of RP today, as soon as I can. It's just I've been so overwhelmed. You're far from the only one who has changed ships ^_^

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Anne%20Auclair
+1 link
The Glass Boffin
The Glass Boffin
Posts: 52

7/5/2017
Looks like I too a diving head-first into the honey-well! Tea Time For London! Interestingly enough, because I rather liked Feducci at first.

--
Current: https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Iron%20Sentiment

Gone NORTH: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/Glass~Boffin
+2 link
Anne Auclair
Anne Auclair
Posts: 2221

7/5/2017
The Glass Boffin wrote:
Looks like I too a diving head-first into the honey-well! Tea Time For London! Interestingly enough, because I rather liked Feducci at first.

A lot of people did.

Welcome aboard ^_^

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Anne%20Auclair
0 link
annalibertas
annalibertas
Posts: 161

7/5/2017
I'd like to register my disappointment that noting my alt is a down on their luck rat catcher didn't result in an immediate bribe when everyone's been complaining about corruption in the Dauntless staff

(joking) ((mostly))

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Anna%20Libertas
Accepting all social actions & boxed cats

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Julliah%20Randolph
Alt, will accept all social actions whenever I log on
0 link
Leonora Rothwood
Leonora Rothwood
Posts: 17

7/5/2017
Anne Auclair wrote:
The Glass Boffin wrote:
I rather liked Feducci at first.

A lot of people did.


I don't think it's wrong to say that at this point most of us here would prefer even the Detective to Feducci. Most of the Detective's problem is that her platform doesn't do enough.

To that end... I suppose I'll go ahead and link a post I made in the "goodness, isn't a coalition a wonderful pipedream" thread which no one seems to have seen, or at least not commented on. I'm a bit put out because I think it's rather an interesting idea and I'd like some other thoughts / feedback on it. Not to mention it takes advantage of the new debate mechanic.

Edit: added quotes & stuff to make my train of thought clearer
edited by LNRothwood on 7/5/2017
edited by LNRothwood on 7/5/2017

--
Leonora Rothwood, the Ink-Stained Wanderer
+1 link
Teaspoon
Teaspoon
Posts: 866

7/5/2017
annalibertas wrote:
I'd like to register my disappointment that noting my alt is a down on their luck rat catcher didn't result in an immediate bribe when everyone's been complaining about corruption in the Dauntless staff

(joking) ((mostly))



When did you mention this? I've not seen it on the forum.

(Always room for one more. How would your alt like some coinage?)

--
Truth lies at the bottom of a well.

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Alt%20Ern
0 link
LillianAranach
LillianAranach
Posts: 45

7/5/2017
I might be the only one having this problem, but the link to the Campaigner's google doc is broken. Luckily, I have a backup link in my history, but I just wanted to mention it in case it was a problem that needed to be fixed.

--
They say, "There is a delightfully delectable corruption about Aranach, and she seeks to spread it, all the while revelling in truth and sin in equal parts."

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Lillian%20Aranach
+2 link
Arcanuse
Arcanuse
Posts: 92

7/5/2017
I thought something was funny with the link earlier.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Arcanuse
0 link
annalibertas
annalibertas
Posts: 161

7/6/2017
Teaspoon wrote:
annalibertas wrote:
I'd like to register my disappointment that noting my alt is a down on their luck rat catcher didn't result in an immediate bribe when everyone's been complaining about corruption in the Dauntless staff

(joking) ((mostly))


When did you mention this? I've not seen it on the forum.

(Always room for one more. How would your alt like some coinage?)


I dont think it's come up in the forums yet, my main keeps getting political messages so I started responding w/essentially Anna Libertas is a drunk and not interested in Temperance, try Julliah Randolph who is Very Poor

And Sir Joseph Marlen beat you to it


--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Anna%20Libertas
Accepting all social actions & boxed cats

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Julliah%20Randolph
Alt, will accept all social actions whenever I log on
+3 link
Slyblue
Slyblue
Posts: 225

7/6/2017
There's definitely something going on with the gdoc, I can't access it either :<

--
The Smiling Devil The Curt Licentiate The Keen-Eyed Captain

"For hearts of truest mettle, absence doth join and Time doth settle."
0 link
Seon
Seon
Posts: 29

7/6/2017
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1On0-TVO6hvYiKhJ39u2Crs0--IXY7EiU4bSsTibm11k/edit This appears to be the working link to the document.
0 link
Anne Auclair
Anne Auclair
Posts: 2221

7/6/2017
annalibertas wrote:
Teaspoon wrote:
annalibertas wrote:
I'd like to register my disappointment that noting my alt is a down on their luck rat catcher didn't result in an immediate bribe when everyone's been complaining about corruption in the Dauntless staff

(joking) ((mostly))


When did you mention this? I've not seen it on the forum.

(Always room for one more. How would your alt like some coinage?)


I dont think it's come up in the forums yet, my main keeps getting political messages so I started responding w/essentially Anna Libertas is a drunk and not interested in Temperance, try Julliah Randolph who is Very Poor

And Sir Joseph Marlen beat you to it

Oh yeah, I remember that. I thought you meant that she'd be more receptive to the Campaigner's message, so I sent her a pamphlet. You should have been more explicit. Anyway, is there any possibility whatsoever of bribing Anna Libertas? :P

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Anne%20Auclair
0 link
Anne Auclair
Anne Auclair
Posts: 2221

7/6/2017
Here's where I think the race currently stands.

The Campaigner
Surging due to a large number of defections from the Feducci camp and a small number of defections from the Detective.

The Detective
Holding steady, gaining some supporters from Feducci but losing some to the Campaigner. The net result is probably a wash or a slight gain for her.

Feducci
Losing supporters left and right, very clear fall in support and enthusiasm. Most of the defectors are going to the Campaigner, but a few are going to the Detective.

Anything is possible next Monday. The only result that would surprise me is any candidate winning an outright majority. I just don't see that happening with the information I'm getting.

As for the our Campaigner's supporters, they can be sorted into three distinct categories:

1. Dry Supporters - these supporters support the Campaigner's entire platform, especially the temperance planks.

2. Wet Supporters - these supporters have misgivings about, don't care for, or outright oppose the temperance planks in the Campaigner's platform, but they still support the Campaigner because they like her plans to help the poor and marginalized, be they human, Rubbery, or Clay (Sinning Jenny is probably the prototypical Wet).

3. Rubbery Friends/Clay Friends - these supporters back the Campaigner exclusively because she has promised to improve the lot of the Rubbery Men and/or the Clay Men and is being enthusiastically supported by both groups.

This is probably a testament to why big, expansive platforms are superior to small, narrow ones. With a big platform you have a better chance of appealing to a broad range of people.

I'd like to remind everyone to send this letter to any Feducci supporters you know who might be gettable:

My friend, Sinning Jenny, London’s beloved first Mayor, has openly endorsed the campaign of the Dauntless Temperance Campaigner by taking tea in Hastings Square. The Mayor has been won over to our cause by the Campaigner’s determination to continue Sinning Jenny’s legacy of actively helping the poor and the marginalized citizens of London. Among these poor and marginalized are the Rubbery Men and the Clay Men, both of which have found a dauntless advocate for their rights in the person of the Campaigner.

Our Mayor has no doubt also been unnerved by all the disturbing revelations surrounding Feducci: the bribes he has received from foreign powers, his service in Hell’s Revolution, and HIS WORK AS A SLAVE DRIVER ON HELL’S BRASS TRIREMES. But most damning for Feducci is his intent on COMPLETELY TEARING UP SINNING JENNY’S LEGACY without any realistic idea of what to replace it with.

The choice is clear. You can help the poor and marginalized of London by voting for the Campaigner. Or you can cast your vote for Feducci, foreign occupation and the rejection of Sinning Jenny’s work on our behalf.
***
http://community.failbettergames.com/topic24547-sinning-jenny-endorses-the-dauntless-campaigner.aspx
***
http://community.failbettergames.com/topic24548-the-campaigner-the-clay-men-and-the-rubberies.aspx

.
.
edited by Anne Auclair on 7/6/2017

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Anne%20Auclair
0 link
colinsapherson
colinsapherson
Posts: 210

7/6/2017
I wanted to share this letter I got after my most recent debate - unnecessary and therefore honest. It was a Feducci supporter and we had a lot of discussion about our respective philosophies during the debate:

You made me think, at least; I doubt that I will change my stance, but I have more respect for the alternatives than I once did. I cannot see the world as you do; I almost wish I could. But if I cannot convince myself that altruism is not futile, I can at least accept that the world is the richer for having such optimists walking it. An argument does not have to be triumphant to be heard. A fight does not have to end in victory to be worthwhile. And a story does not have to be true to inspire. For what it is worth, I wish you luck. May the world show you the same compassion you show it.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Colin%20Sapherson,%20Lord%20President%20of%20the%20Council
I have Hesperidean Cider, if anyone wants a sip. Always available for chess or lethal sparring.
+2 link
Dudebro Pyro
Dudebro Pyro
Posts: 765

7/6/2017
Anne Auclair wrote:
As for the our Campaigner's supporters, they can be sorted into three distinct categories:

1. Dry Supporters - these supporters support the Campaigner's entire platform, especially the temperance planks.

2. Wet Supporters - these supporters have misgivings about, don't care for, or outright oppose the temperance planks in the Campaigner's platform, but they still support the Campaigner because they like her plans to help the poor and marginalized, be they human, Rubbery, or Clay (Sinning Jenny is probably the prototypical Wet).

3. Rubbery Friends/Clay Friends - these supporters back the Campaigner exclusively because she has promised to improve the lot of the Rubbery Men and/or the Clay Men and is being enthusiastically supported by both groups.


What if don't necessarily support the entirety of her campaign but support the temperance planks? Am I a Moist Supporter?

--
Dudebro Pyro, eccentric scholar

Spare Starveling Kitties always welcome. I collect them.
For that matter, send me your unwanted cat boxes too.
+2 link
Kukapetal
Kukapetal
Posts: 1454

7/6/2017
What if you only support her because you hate the other two? :P
+1 link
Anne Auclair
Anne Auclair
Posts: 2221

7/6/2017
Dudebro Pyro wrote:
What if don't necessarily support the entirety of her campaign but support the temperance planks? Am I a Moist Supporter?

You're a very unique supporter.

Kukapetal wrote:
What if you only support her because you hate the other two? :P

Well, in my experience the people who choose the Campaigner over the Detective generally cite at least one platform issue when doing so (and vice a versa).
.
edited by Anne Auclair on 7/6/2017

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Anne%20Auclair
0 link
Anne Auclair
Anne Auclair
Posts: 2221

7/6/2017
Drake Dynamo wrote:

Where are you getting this information?

It's called talking to people. I obviously don't know what the actual numbers are, but I think I have a pretty good sense of the trends and hence can form a rough picture of where things stand.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Anne%20Auclair
-1 link
Seon
Seon
Posts: 29

7/6/2017
Dudebro Pyro wrote:

What if don't necessarily support the entirety of her campaign but support the temperance planks? Am I a Moist Supporter?



That's called being a teetotal supporter, my friend. Or in this case, teatotal supporter.

I'll show myself out.
+6 link




Powered by Jitbit Forum 8.0.2.0 © 2006-2013 Jitbit Software