Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Election

A place for in-game political discussion.

The Honey-Well: Dauntless Temperance Headquarters Messages in this topic - RSS

A Dimness
A Dimness

6/28/2017
Kylestien wrote:
-snip-

I honestly don't see how anyone could've taken Anne's post serious.
Besides, I've seen the opposition use the argument that pouring honey down the well is bad news for London *because* it might upset Mr. Eaten, so fair's fair, if they can use that argument against us, we can use the argument in favour of, er, us.

--
A truth so strange it can only be lied into existence
0 link
Kylestien
Kylestien

6/28/2017
Infinity Simulacrum wrote:
Kylestien wrote:
-snip-

Besides, I've seen the opposition use the argument that pouring honey down the well is bad news for London *because* it might upset Mr. Eaten, so fair's fair, if they can use that argument against us, we can use the argument in favour of, er, us.

It's not so much I was taking it serious, more I know someone out there WILL take it serious. And if that promise was not to be, anyone who did would get mad. They'd point fingers at the DTC campagin and go WERE WERE PROMISED EATEN STUFFS.

Whereas I think everyone can agree on pouring honey down wells not be a good idea. Hell I bet SEEKERS think it a bad idea.

--
I will accept all actions, though I hold the right to refuse for my own reasons. However, if you explain WHY you send me a harmful action like Loitering or Dantes,And I feel the reason good, I will consider it more. https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Kylestien

Paramount Presense. Any lesson you desire to learn, I shall impart it. (:
0 link
dov
dov

6/28/2017

People take Paramount Presence seriously.

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+2 link
Hotshot Blackburn
Hotshot Blackburn

6/28/2017
I've begun a letter-writing campaign as well to acquaintances whose allegiances I am unsure of. Especially for the Dauntless Temperance Crusader, reminding folks of the very real results in the storylets of the addictions and predations she campaigns against I think could be helpful. Robbing a Drunk in Spite, playing through the Spirifage fate story, the Struggling Artist and many of the bohemian stories in Veilgarden...Failbetter is pretty explicit through a lot of their stuff that yes, addiction and desperation and inequity is rife as heck in London and the player character is potentially a predator that preys on such inequity themselves.

Tried to obliquely reference these storylets in an IC way with this template:

"My friend, the next time you walk the stories of the Stolen City I implore you to take a closer look around. Remember every time you stumble across a person lying on the street, soaked in the smell of gin and too hopeless to protect themselves against thieves. Remember every time you come across a struggling artist or model in the Veilgarden, trapped by honey and absinthe into keeping themselves in the vicious cycle of poverty. Remember the inhabitants of the tenements whose homes are burned down by their landlords for insurance money. Remember those hunted by the Vake, trapped by the Orphanage, those who sell their soul to spirifiers for a few echoes worth of nothing. Remember the orphans. This city eats the young, the poor, the kindly alive and gives nothing back. But it doesn't need to be like that. In this election, consider a vote for the Dauntless Temperance Crusader: a character devoted to ending the predation of addiction, poverty, and economic abuse of all people - not just humans - within this city."

--
Hotshot Blackburn: Messidor, Aspirant to the Calendar Council. Paramount Presence. Seeker of the Name. A firm believer in kindness, solidarity, and sufficient use of force and firepower.
0 link
A Dimness
A Dimness

6/28/2017
Hotshot Blackburn wrote:
I've begun a letter-writing campaign as well to acquaintances whose allegiances I am unsure of. Especially for the Dauntless Temperance Crusader, reminding folks of the very real results in the storylets of the addictions and predations she campaigns against I think could be helpful. Robbing a Drunk in Spite, playing through the Spirifage fate story, the Struggling Artist and many of the bohemian stories in Veilgarden...Failbetter is pretty explicit through a lot of their stuff that yes, addiction and desperation and inequity is rife as heck in London and the player character is potentially a predator that preys on such inequity themselves.

Tried to obliquely reference these storylets in an IC way with this template:

"My friend, the next time you walk the stories of the Stolen City I implore you to take a closer look around. Remember every time you stumble across a person lying on the street, soaked in the smell of gin and too hopeless to protect themselves against thieves. Remember every time you come across a struggling artist or model in the Veilgarden, trapped by honey and absinthe into keeping themselves in the vicious cycle of poverty. Remember the inhabitants of the tenements whose homes are burned down by their landlords for insurance money. Remember those hunted by the Vake, trapped by the Orphanage, those who sell their soul to spirifiers for a few echoes worth of nothing. Remember the orphans. This city eats the young, the poor, the kindly alive and gives nothing back. But it doesn't need to be like that. In this election, consider a vote for the Dauntless Temperance Crusader: a character devoted to ending the predation of addiction, poverty, and economic abuse of all people - not just humans - within this city."

Don't be afraid of mentioning the infinite piles of surprise packages and First City Coins we have to offer.
I mean, right now we're sitting at four piles of coins and one surprise package, but I think once people start actually noticing I've added a "Resources" section to the document, those piles will start growing.

By the way, there's a "Resources" section to the document, now.

--
0 link
A Dimness
A Dimness

6/28/2017
You're a dreamer, Al-Ahlaam, so I think I'll leave the dreaming to you.
I'm a pen-pusher and a cleric, so I'll make sure you've got the Campaign at your beck and call if you need support. Feel free to leave some requests and commands in the document if you need support or want to spread a message, you'd certainly be making better use than me with my lists.

--
0 link
Dudebro Pyro
Dudebro Pyro

6/28/2017
So I started off as a fixer, since that's what I did last year and it just seemed natural to continue, but not I see the campaign may not need that many fixers. I've currently been collecting resources without actually advancing my career specifically to keep my options open - so would it be better for me to switch to e.g. campaigner?

--
Dudebro Pyro, eccentric scholar

Spare Starveling Kitties always welcome. I collect them.
For that matter, send me your unwanted cat boxes too.
+1 link
Anne Auclair
Anne Auclair

6/28/2017
Kylestien wrote:
Kylestien wrote:
-snip-

It's not so much I was taking it serious, more I know someone out there WILL take it serious. And if that promise was not to be, anyone who did would get mad. They'd point fingers at the DTC campagin and go WERE WERE PROMISED EATEN STUFFS.

Whereas I think everyone can agree on pouring honey down wells not be a good idea. Hell I bet SEEKERS think it a bad idea.

Feducci and Detective supporters have been promising "interesting content" if their candidates won. They of course have no guarantee that that will happen, it's merely a possibility. All I did was point out the possibility of interesting content in turn.

And for all we know, maybe giving Mr Eaten honey cheers him up a tad.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Anne%20Auclair
+1 link
Anne Auclair
Anne Auclair

6/28/2017
Dudebro Pyro wrote:
So I started off as a fixer, since that's what I did last year and it just seemed natural to continue, but not I see the campaign may not need that many fixers. I've currently been collecting resources without actually advancing my career specifically to keep my options open - so would it be better for me to switch to e.g. campaigner?

The earlier you switch, the better. So if you want to switch, I say do it now.

--
0 link
Isaac Zienfried
Isaac Zienfried

6/28/2017
I just want to say that if the DTC wins, against all my expectations, we pretty much have InSim and Anne to thank for it.
edited by Isaac Zienfried on 6/28/2017

--
Isaac Zienfried, 'The Vacillating Belligerent.'
A gentleman of complicated loyalties, complicated morality, and complicated goals.
But really, it's hard to keep things simple down here!
+3 link
Dudebro Pyro
Dudebro Pyro

6/28/2017
Anne Auclair wrote:

That's only true if you build up your career - which is so easy given the frequency of the required card that I'm going to put if off until later.

What I'm asking is whether our campaign needs any particular profession? Do we have an overabundance of anything, or a lack of anything? Or are we more or less balanced, and should I go for whatever I personally prefer?

--
Dudebro Pyro, eccentric scholar

Spare Starveling Kitties always welcome. I collect them.
For that matter, send me your unwanted cat boxes too.
+1 link
Anne Auclair
Anne Auclair

6/28/2017
Isaac Zienfried wrote:
I just want to say that if the DTC wins, against all my expectations, we pretty much have InSim and Anne to thank for it.

Well, I was the first person to nominate her, so I sort of have to go all out ^_^

--
0 link
Isaac Zienfried
Isaac Zienfried

6/28/2017
Dudebro Pyro wrote:
Anne Auclair wrote:

What I'm asking is whether our campaign needs any particular profession? Do we have an overabundance of anything, or a lack of anything? Or are we more or less balanced, and should I go for whatever I personally prefer?

I think in general we can always use more Campaigners. Probably good on Fixers. Dunno about Agitators; mobbing Feducci's Agitators would probably help us a little but perhaps not as much as a Campaigner would, since we have a dedicated donor list.

--
A gentleman of complicated loyalties, complicated morality, and complicated goals.
0 link
A Dimness
A Dimness

6/28/2017
In a flash of political insight I've decided that the "Rob a drunk" snippets will work perfectly for getting our point across, they've been quoted on the Honey-Well's first page, they've been added to the Document, and I carry one in my signature.

--
+1 link
Anne Auclair
Anne Auclair

6/28/2017
I found some details about London's corrupt and capricious judicial system, which the Detective wants to further empower:

Newspaper Grind wrote:
"SPORT MADE OF JUSTICE - FOR SHAME, LONDON!"

These people are Stoats, Young Stags and other young persons of a sporting persuasion. Their latest lark is betting on which judge will order the most hangings today. It's a handicap event. Mr Justice Spenser is poorly fancied, at 100-8 and no handicap. The clear favourite is Mr Justice 'Until Ye Be Dead' Trescothick, at a paltry 1-3 on and a fierce 6-hanging handicap.

There's a flutter amongst the sportsmen. 'Until Ye Be Dead' took his luncheon at the Parthenaeum. Will his foul temper be mollified? Will he be asleep by three?

Policemen's Banquet wrote:
Banquet tables are piled high with pheasants, imported from the fondly missed Midlands. The musicians are imported from London's more respected houses. If the London poor threw such a rambunctious revel, the Constables would have shut it down. As it is, they heartily enjoy themselves on the proceeds of your efforts. And when they mind the ballot boxes, they will remind the voters of this kindness.

btw, Feducci's people have seen our successful campaigner efforts and are trying to increase their campaigner numbers. So maybe we should do the same?
edited by Anne Auclair on 6/28/2017

--
0 link
A Dimness
A Dimness

6/28/2017
Anne Auclair wrote:
Need more campaigners

I'll put up some disclaimers around our pages.

--
0 link
SirKwint
SirKwint

6/28/2017
Anne Auclair wrote:

btw, Feducci's people have seen our successful campaigner efforts and are trying to increase their campaigner numbers. So maybe we should do the same?
edited by Anne Auclair on 6/28/2017

I have to disagree totally with blatant fallacy above!

The idea was bred by various fellow Londoners over last day, and Feducci's cause is still capable of achieving goals without so-much-fabled spying.

Still, getting more campaigners won't do DTC much harm anyway, so good call.

UPD: for the avoidance of doubt, no truly aggressive ofence is meant.
edited by SirKwint on 6/28/2017

--
Truly and honorably yours,
SirKwint

Curiosity killed a lot of cats. And counting...
0 link
Isaac Zienfried
Isaac Zienfried

6/28/2017
SirKwint wrote:
Feducci's cause is still capable of achieving goals without so-much-fabled spying.

Yes, leave the spying to your chosen candidate.~

--
+1 link
Anne Auclair
Anne Auclair

6/28/2017
If they were actually confident that they were winning they wouldn't be copying us.

--
0 link
A Dimness
A Dimness

6/28/2017
Isaac Zienfried wrote:
Gul al-Ahlaam wrote:
Try and enjoy yourselves, just a little. I promise it won't hurt.

• It won't hurt whom, exactly?

The man is talking about literal carnage and self-destruction, I think we're beyond the point of debate here.

--
    +1 link
    1234 ..16