Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Election

A place for in-game political discussion.

Election 1895 Begins! Messages in this topic - RSS

Sallow
Sallow

6/26/2017
Like many others, I'm still wasting my time at the ball, double-checking if I've seen everything it has to offer. I keep getting to an Airs state where there's just Mingle and Leave to choose. I have Lydia as companion and have seen her option, but I haven't taken part in last year's elections. I'm guessing this is for Airs 100? Could someone please tell me what it's about. And.. if it's not too soon.. kinda spoil the rest of the ball, and whether or not there are other hidden encounters, apart from the 1-33 with the Contrarian/Bishop and 34-66 one with Jenny. Thankeeeeeeee!
+1 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

6/26/2017
No, there probably isn't anything more. It is an odd choice to have Airs for the mayoral ball, though.

--
Estelle Knoht, a juvenile, unreliable and respectable lady.
I currently do not accept any catbox, cider, suppers, calling cards or proteges.
0 link
Louvelune
Louvelune

6/26/2017
Anchovies wrote:
The story text for the announcement of the candidates never appeared on my screen. Does anyone have an echo of it, so I can read the darn thing?

I expect better than this in Fallen London. Was there any pre-launch testing at all?

Yup, I think I saved pretty much all the entries from the Ball and candidacies: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Louvelune?fromEchoId=11937572

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Louvelune?fromEchoId=11937625

Do you want the ones from each candidate too?
edited by Louvelune on 6/26/2017
0 link
Omega8520
Omega8520

6/26/2017
Having had Airs 100 in the mingling, it doesn't unlock anything new, as far as I could see.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Omega8520
A Correspondent of measure and restraint, not-withstanding a tendancy to rush into things.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Menacing%20Seeker
Northwards with Noman. At least they'll have company.
+1 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

6/26/2017
Well, made an alt for a destructive reason, wanted to pick campaigner for the boots, but got 10 server errors.
Problem is that in the end I accidentally clicked the Fixer and picked the helm! Only some time after I realized that I could have switched profession (not sure if possible before picking gift), but is there any way to change the gift?
Or am I stuck with those +2 boots I'll have to get from the mentor story?

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
0 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

6/26/2017
Fate. Fate will cure what ails you.

--
Estelle Knoht, a juvenile, unreliable and respectable lady.
I currently do not accept any catbox, cider, suppers, calling cards or proteges.
+3 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

6/26/2017
Estelle Knoht wrote:
Fate. Fate will cure what ails you.

That I'm aware, mate! smile Should have mentioned: without spending Fate! But I'm guessing that it's the only way to do so.
Meh, he'll just have to work things out with the regular boots.
Cheers!

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
0 link
narcomanic
narcomanic

6/26/2017
Am I supposed to still have my qualities from last year's election? Just logged in for the day and I've got a storylet unlocked with Agitator 6 in addition to the Invitation to a Ball one. Is this a bug or is the career supposed to only reset once you choose a new candidate?

--
Cecilia Vass, a Shattering Force available for patronage. Warning: You will get stabbed. Take it as a compliment.

Currently rallying mobs for Feducci.
+1 link
MrUnderhill89
MrUnderhill89

6/26/2017
Pretty sure your stats get reset at the end of the Farewell Ball. If you're already allowed to campaign then that's probably an oversight.

--
MrUnderhill89 - The Master Under the Hill
MrUnderhill77 - Doomed Northwards
I'll be happy to accept most social invites, but please no Affluent Photographer requests.
0 link
dov
dov

6/26/2017
If you already have a campaign career form last year, then you can already see the relevant storylet for it. However, the only option available in it tells you to pick your candidate first.

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
0 link
Louvelune
Louvelune

6/26/2017
Is it possible to change your career BEFORE selecting a candidate? If not, can it be done between choosing the candidate and picking their gift, at least? ^^°
0 link
Blaine Davidson
Blaine Davidson

6/26/2017
When viewing the card "Learn more about the Candidates!" the following text appears:

"Who has put their names into
the ring? Who has been bold enough to declare themselves for London's first Mayorship?"

I think you mean Second Mayorship. Unless we've somehow gone back in time.

--
Blaine Davidson, a reserved and sensible woman with a fondness of collecting rarities.
+1 link
Louvelune
Louvelune

6/26/2017
Louvelune wrote:
Is it possible to change your career BEFORE selecting a candidate? If not, can it be done between choosing the candidate and picking their gift, at least? ^^°

Alright, I went ahead - not much of a choice anyway, and: it turns out you CAN swap after picking your candidate, but before picking your free item. Just "perhaps not" out of the gift selection page, then come back into the election's storylet. smile
+1 link
ClearFavourite
ClearFavourite

6/26/2017
Aw, didn't end up getting a new gift. Never got to choose one last election, so now I'm a gift down... bah.

--
The Boisterous Bounty-Hunter
0 link
Scarrow
Scarrow

6/26/2017
I am willing to assist any Feccudi Helpers.
0 link
Shalinoth
Shalinoth

6/26/2017
Doesn't the +8 Persuasive hat strongly disadvantage the Dauntless lady?
Mechanically speaking, that is, if many voters are gaming for stats.
The other two items increase the non-fate stat boost by +3 above current headgear. Dauntless is -2!

EDIT: Apparently you can pick your preferred gift and then switch sides without penalty.
Fadewalker wrote:
Three new items this year,
[spoiler]
you get the first for free and further for 30 fate.
Epicurean War-Helm: Hat, Feducci only, +8 Dangerous, +1 Dreaded;
Corinthian Belfry Hat: Hat, Detective only,, +8 Shadowy, +1 Bizarre;
Indignant Bearskin: Hat, DTC only, +8 Persuasive, +1 Respectable.

Last year:
http://community.failbettergames.com/topic22610-new-festival-election.aspx#post151410
[/spoiler]
edited by Fadewalker on 6/26/2017

edited by Shalinoth on 6/26/2017

--
Profiles: Shally, Chimes & Jack~of~Smiles . . . Current Goal:
0 link
Parabuteo
Parabuteo

6/26/2017
What price is something so insubstantial as light in exchange for freedom from laws and chains? I have gone North. I burn there. But were I able, I would vote for Feducci for his acknowledgement that chains aren't meant to be binding or inviolable. Liberate the Night. The poor. The prisoners. Shatter all chains, literal, metaphorical, or metaphysical.

This is weak rhetoric, but honestly, he's a weak candidate; mostly notable as a contrast to the forces of law and order on the opposing side. Call me when another member of the Calendar Council runs-- that will get you some premium shrieking Revolutionary madness.
edited by Parabuteo on 6/26/2017

--
A Candescent Anarchist working hard for a Liberation.
+1 link
Omega8520
Omega8520

6/26/2017
The fact that the Dauntless Campaigner is having her workers waylay and steal from honey-dealers quite funny. "How will we enforce temperance? By being illegal as all hell, of course!`

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Omega8520
A Correspondent of measure and restraint, not-withstanding a tendancy to rush into things.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Menacing%20Seeker
Northwards with Noman. At least they'll have company.
+1 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

6/26/2017
On a different note, has anyone found the link showing this year's campaign posters yet? The link in Absintheuse's post above only goes to the Gametee home page, and I didn't see anything campaign-poster-like on AJ Hateley's Gametee page.

EDIT: I missed the text that Gametee wouldn't have the posters up before 20:30 BST. I've now seen them, and they look great!
edited by cathyr19355 on 6/27/2017

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
0 link
GoingFTL
GoingFTL

6/26/2017
Oh? They remember who you voted for? I wasn't here last year.
0 link
1234 ..23