Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Election

A place for in-game political discussion.

Election 1895: The Implacable Detective Messages in this topic - RSS

Hubris Glamore
Hubris Glamore

7/7/2017
Ahahaha, that's fair. I can't begrudge you sticking to your convictions, but I had to ask.

I do have to agree with Anne that all the evidence of Feducci's campaign is surprisingly chaotic and bleak all around. I'm sure even if he wins we'll get some good content from it, but in general the last few days for me have mostly been debating DTC supporters and us acknowledging the merits of both of our candidates while sharing a quip about it at least not being Feducci either of us are backing.

--
Hubris Glamore is an ambitious gentleman with entirely more schemes than is healthy.

Happy to entertain all manner of interactions and has a fondness for roleplaying.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Hubris%20Glamore
+1 link
Gillsing
Gillsing

7/7/2017
I suspect that FBG might be making things harder for the candidate who's ahead, and easier for the candidates who are behind. Just to keep things interesting.
+4 link
Edward Warren
Edward Warren

7/7/2017
I'd just like to say that anyone who supports the Implacable Detective knowing she's backed by the Fingerkings, has no business opposing Feducci over accusations of "slavery".

--
WHAT IS BELOW CANNOT ESCAPE WHAT IS ABOVE
0 link
Angus Turner
Angus Turner

7/7/2017
The Implacable Detective is investigating everyone, including her own supporters, and has explicitly decided to reopen a cold case involving the Fingerkings. I wouldn't be too worried about her allegiances.

--
The Philanthropic Scholar.
+3 link
Anne Auclair
Anne Auclair

7/7/2017
Gillsing wrote:
I suspect that FBG might be making things harder for the candidate who's ahead, and easier for the candidates who are behind. Just to keep things interesting.

If that were the case they would have thrown the kitchen sink at Jenny last year when the second week rolled around. They didn't. Instead the Contrarian got the worst stuff, despite being a very distant second (I remember one Contrarian supporter expressing the sentiment that their candidate had been kneecapped and Jenny favored). The Investigations did reveal positive things about Jenny. She had a definite plan for the Ministry of Public Works (less positive was that it was a scheme to give jobs to her friends, but never mind) and she put distance between herself and Mr Wines (though he kept backing her under the table).

Similarly, the Detective has had worse scandals than the Campaigner (fingerkings and purges verses a...honey-well). But people have generally regarded the Detective's plan for a 'Grand Prosecution' quite favorably, so as with the other candidates it's been a mix for her. But Feducci has just been one long unrelenting string of terrible things. Let's count them:

1. He is being bribed by the Presbyterate through a money-laundering scheme disguised as a risky investment.
2. He is an ally of Hell and he has a Devil as his campaign manager.
3. He literally has no idea how to put his personal ideology into practice should he win, the clear implication being that he cannot.
4. He practiced human slavery with the Devils because he enjoyed it.

And that is on top of everything we knew about him already (the fights to the final death where he can't actually die, the spying for the Presbyterate, the friendship with the Brass Embassy). Of the six candidates to run for Mayor, he is by far the worst.

Anyway, my point is that the writers have been acting like writers, not game masters. They're not creating false balance.
edited by Anne Auclair on 7/7/2017

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Anne%20Auclair
0 link
Gillsing
Gillsing

7/7/2017
Anne Auclair wrote:
If that were the case they would have thrown the kitchen sink at Jenny last year when the second week rolled around. They didn't. Instead the Contrarian got the worst stuff, despite being a very distant second ...

Anyway, my point is that the writers have been acting like writers, not game masters. They're not creating false balance.

So apparently they didn't do it in the first election. But clearly they could have looked back at that first election during the year between elections, and decided to act a little bit more like game masters in the second election. I don't know, and I don't believe you know either. It's pretty clear that they're willing to adjust their writing on the fly though.
+3 link
Morkan Kassington
Morkan Kassington

7/8/2017
If the Detective wins, I can't wait for all of us to get grilled and persecuted. I am voting for her, why do you ask?

--
Ladies of the Neath, here comes Morkan Kassington, the gem among gentlemen
(He is actually a self-centered and foolish braggart, but he means no harm. Hit him up for social actions or dangerous lessons! Or just flirt.)
+2 link
gronostaj
gronostaj

7/8/2017
Morkan Kassington wrote:
If the Detective wins, I can't wait for all of us to get grilled and persecuted. I am voting for her, why do you ask?

people expecting and ready to change their permanent adress to New Newgate once their candidate wins, the masochists who enjoy being murdered by their stabby mummy candidate, the people with maxed-out hedonist voting for temperance campaigner- these are my favourite kinds of people and i want to party with them all wink
edited by gronostaj on 7/8/2017

--
Gronostaj (pl. Ermine), a decadent duellist of mysterious and indistinct gender. Seeker. Willing to die- but not of boredom. Open to all social actions, including the harmful ones.
Soft-Spoken Surgeon, a doctor who owes an onerous debt. Professor of medicine at the University by day, at criminal employ by night. Open to all non-harmful social actions.
+3 link
Isaac Zienfried
Isaac Zienfried

7/9/2017
gronostaj wrote:
the people with maxed-out hedonist voting for temperance campaigner- these are my favourite kinds of people and i want to party with them all wink

Way to make me feel bad for having Hedonist 2 and Austere 10.

--
Isaac Zienfried, 'The Vacillating Belligerent.'
A gentleman of complicated loyalties, complicated morality, and complicated goals.
But really, it's hard to keep things simple down here!
0 link
Lamia Lawless
Lamia Lawless

7/30/2017
I'm sorry I missed the elections. I would have voted for the Detective.

--
The Harmonic Hellfarer
+2 link