Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Election

A place for in-game political discussion.

Election 1895: The Dauntless Temperance Campaigner Messages in this topic - RSS

suinicide
suinicide
Posts: 2450

6/21/2017
Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook wrote:
suinicide wrote:
I think one of the hallowmas options talked about how she blamed Mr Wines for a death. So I always thought she was a revolutionary trying to weaken Wines' economic base.


Not all anti-Masters sentiment comes from anarchists, y'know? A cardigan-wearing, church-going, tea-drinking respectable sort like the Campaigner might still have every reason for opposing Wines' influence on London.


Sorry, the person who died use to be a revolutionary, so there is a connection with the them, and she does display knowledge of the revolutionary hierarchy.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
0 link
Fadewalker
Fadewalker
Posts: 136

6/21/2017
suinicide wrote:
Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook wrote:
suinicide wrote:
I think one of the hallowmas options talked about how she blamed Mr Wines for a death. So I always thought she was a revolutionary trying to weaken Wines' economic base.


Not all anti-Masters sentiment comes from anarchists, y'know? A cardigan-wearing, church-going, tea-drinking respectable sort like the Campaigner might still have every reason for opposing Wines' influence on London.


Sorry, the person who died use to be a revolutionary, so there is a connection with the them, and she does display knowledge of the revolutionary hierarchy.


Oh... I was just told that she also appeared in Sunless Sea, bought live specimens and set them free, "I never did like to see anything locked up"... that does sound a little... revolutionary.

(EDIT: Now I'm going to support her. She somehow reminds me of a book of nonsense... I will wait and see. Maybe she is, probably is not and again my overthinking. But even then we will have something interesting from her.)
edited by Fadewalker on 6/22/2017

--
A fervent supporter of the Council and the Masters.
+2 link
BlabberingMat
BlabberingMat
Posts: 385

6/21/2017
Robin Alexander wrote:
KostberaLili wrote:
Actually I don't know who she is... Since I only started playing FL earlier this year OTZ



I think this is coming up to my third year playing, and . . .

. . . I have no clue about her aside from the name, either.

I half-suspect I may have conflated her with the Duchess, although I can at least tell you about the Duchess, such as from various EF stories and certain opportunity cards and storylets. I've played through all EF stories, so - unless she was in one of the few I disliked - I'm not sure why she hasn't let a lasting memory or impression. It's a complete blank.

Part of why I'm interested in her as a candidate. I'd like to learn more about her. It's always good to be introduced to 'new' characters, as it adds more to the world and lore and makes the game feel more 'real'. Here's hoping we get some good snippets about her.


If I recall correctly, she had some minor role in Heart, Devil and Zee, March's ES.

--
Alt-Lana Loter
Main-Always Drunk Slav

"To see a world in a grain of sand, and Heaven in wild flowers.
To hold an infinity in palm of hand and Eternity in an hour”


Finally, I am Crooked Cross! Feel free to send invitations for Salon!
As of June 5th, 1895, I am London's newest Legendary Charisma!

The current progress in Mega Soul Grind: 53727/1 639 121 Souls
0 link
Lady Sapho Byron
Lady Sapho Byron
Posts: 786

6/21/2017
Blast. I will not vote for the DTC. And Feducci? Master of the Black Ribbon? I have nothing against a good thumping, but somebody who 'claims that only a duel to the [true] death can make him feel alive' shouldn't be given political power. I do hope the third candidate is more palatable to the Scandalously inclined.

  • edited by Lady Sapho Byron on 6/21/2017

    --
    http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Lady%20Sapho%20L%20Byron
    Fighting the Menace of Corsetry Since 1892.
    +10 link
    dov
    dov
    Posts: 2580

    6/21/2017
    Lady Sapho Byron wrote:
    I have nothing against a good thumping, but somebody who 'claims that only a duel to the [true] death can make him feel alive' shouldn't be given political power. I do hope the third candidate is more palatable to the Scandalously inclined.

    Especially if that someone -- who encourages people to fight to the (real) death, and campaigns under the slogan "fair game; fair play" -- is secretly (practically) immortal.

    --
    Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
    (Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
    +6 link
    Aberrant Eremite
    Aberrant Eremite
    Posts: 362

    6/21/2017
    Lady Sapho Byron wrote:
    Blast. I will not vote for the DTC. And Feducci? Master of the Black Ribbon? I have nothing against a good thumping, but somebody who 'claims that only a duel to the [true] death can make him feel alive' shouldn't be given political power. I do hope the third candidate is more palatable to the Scandalously inclined.

  • edited by Lady Sapho Byron on 6/21/2017


    I agree wholeheartedly! If Sinning Jenny can't run for re-election, why not the Illuminated Gentleman? He *does* have foreign policy experience, after all. My Bohemian would jump at the chance to volunteer for that campaign - she usually has to pay for his company, and his rates are not cheap.

    --
    Hieronymus Drake: Gentleman scholar, big-game hunter, scar-faced aristocrat. Remarkably sane, all things considered.
    Tanith Wyrmwood: Longshanks cat-burglar; Bohemian author; now, perhaps, something more. Bubbly, expressive, and affectionate. It’s not only still waters that run deep.
    Telemachia Lee: Gentle lady by birth, brawling Docker by choice. Good company in the drunk tank.
    +3 link
    Kaigen
    Kaigen
    Posts: 530

    6/21/2017
    I'll give the DTC this though: I find her a more palatable representative of society and the religiously-inclined than the Bishop was. But we'll see how things develop. I might have to see if I can do some investigating into the campaigns before I pick someone to back this time around.

    --
    Just a simple doctor with a chess habit. Publisher of The Flit Dispatch.

    "One must remember that the impossible is, alas, always possible."
    -Jacques Derrida
    +4 link
    Kylestien
    Kylestien
    Posts: 754

    6/21/2017
    Lady Sapho Byron wrote:
    Blast. I will not vote for the DTC. And Feducci? Master of the Black Ribbon? I have nothing against a good thumping, but somebody who 'claims that only a duel to the [true] death can make him feel alive' shouldn't be given political power. I do hope the third candidate is more palatable to the Scandalously inclined.


  • Agreed. The former is no fun and the latter won't stay dead even after I cut him to ribbons. I do hope the third is more fun, but I fear this year will be rather a doughty one for the bohemien crowd. Best we can do is vote for whoever affects the usual fun the least. Which means anyone but DTC probably.

    --
    I will accept all actions, though I hold the right to refuse for my own reasons. However, if you explain WHY you send me a harmful action like Loitering or Dantes,And I feel the reason good, I will consider it more. https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Kylestien

    Paramount Presense. Any lesson you desire to learn, I shall impart it. (:
    +1 link
    Catherine Raymond
    Catherine Raymond
    Posts: 2641

    6/21/2017
    Sir Joseph Marlen wrote:
    The plot twist halfway through the election will be that she once sat amongst the ranks of the bohemians or maybe even Mr. Veils's girls, I'm calling it right now.

    Joking aside, I'm glad to see the Campaigner's return to relevance and a fresh art piece to boot! However, I'm not sure I'm comfortable voting for the antithesis of Jenny's ideals. If there's something I dislike more than a morally ambiguous immortal working for distant eldritch forces, it's pressuring temperance and enforcing black/white morality. Still, I can't wait to see the full extent of her campaign.
    edited by Sir Joseph Marlen on 6/21/2017


    I am certain that there will be a dire revelation on the part of the DTC during the campaign. Perhaps she cuts her tea with laudanum, who knows?

    --
    Cathy Raymond
    http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/cathyr19355

    Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
    +1 link
    shylarah
    shylarah
    Posts: 171

    6/21/2017
    I agreed with Anne's recommendation of the Campaigner -- but on the idea that she'd favor rights for Clay Men, Rubberies, Rattus Faber, and so forth! This does not say anything about any of that! *shakes fist* WHERE'S MY EMANCIPATION CAMPAIGN, MISSY?!

    --
    Lady of Cold Steel, Lady of the Flit, Lady Alyssana Grey. A formidable woman, hard to read and slow to trust. Darkness lurks inside her.

    Alts: (please direct all inquiries to Alys & say who they're for)
    -Nikki, the Playful Daredevil, leading the constables on merry chases across London at every available opportunity. It's not a good robbery if you didn't get chased~
    -Shylarah, waifish, wide-eyed, painfully foreign, entirely untamed. Her search for a way home now leads her to Parabola. There's something about her...
    -Dr. Maxwell Thomas, a kindhearted physician who can't stand to see suffering. Moral to a fault, even to his own detriment. Unlucky in love.
    I would rather be taken for a fool than deny aid where it is needed.
    -Angie, the Cheeky Sharpshooter. Got her start with the Regiment and proudly operated their cannon for years. Rowdy, rough, and among the best shots in London.
    +4 link
    folklore364
    folklore364
    Posts: 136

    6/21/2017
    I have to say I don't know this character. While i'm all for temperance, it must be a willing choice to be effective at all really. Right now between Feducchi and her, I would rather campaign against both.

    --
    A correspondent who hungers for knowledge. May have doomed london to war with Hell.
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/folklore364
    0 link
    Anchovies
    Anchovies
    Posts: 421

    6/21/2017
    Temperance how? Surely she can't mean giving up alcohol, because it's the only thing down here that's safe to drink. Mr Wines doesn't bother dealing in water, and if the wells which can be found in-game are any indication, the Neath's groundwater is rather less than free of contamination. I don't know what it's like to drink the moon and/or Mr Eaten, and I want to keep it that way. What are we supposed to do, collect stalactite drippings and die of glim-cancer? Down here, fermented and slightly poisonous is about as safe as beverages can get. Yes, there's tea and coffee, but boiling requires heat, and heat requires fuel. Hauling around a stove to ensure you don't get horrid subterranean worms in your tea would be a terrible inconvenience, and more demand for fuel is more power to Hell and Mr Fires. Prisoner's honey is a much better target for temperance campaigners than wine. Sunlight as well, but that stuff's already quite prohibited.

    --
    Perhaps our role on this planet is not to worship God — but to create Him.
    —Sir Arthur C Clarke

    Lionel Anchovies. Character on indefinite hiatus.
    +3 link
    Luminen Walker
    Luminen Walker
    Posts: 172

    6/21/2017
    Unless the third candidate is the Bishop of Southwark she has my vote this year.

    Also, for those seeking an emancipation campaign. The "For Everybody" may imply such a goal.
    edited by TeslaWalker on 6/21/2017

    --
    1 - Cpt. Martin Walker, a Paramount and Marvellous Dreamer.
    2 - Ariana Crivelli, a silent and sagacious lady.
    +2 link
    Kaijyuu
    Kaijyuu
    Posts: 1047

    6/21/2017
    This one seems the complete opposite of Jenny, and she should really really take advantage of that and try to get support from Jenny's detractors.

    Considering FL's playerbase there's no way in hell she's getting elected, but her platform would make sense in a more realistic environment.

    --
    Be of good cheer. Our contacts have assured us that your sins are forgiven.
    +3 link
    Sir Joseph Marlen
    Sir Joseph Marlen
    Posts: 575

    6/21/2017
    Anchovies wrote:
    Temperance how? Surely she can't mean giving up alcohol, because it's the only thing down here that's safe to drink. Mr Wines doesn't bother dealing in water, and if the wells which can be found in-game are any indication, the Neath's groundwater is rather less than free of contamination. I don't know what it's like to drink the moon and/or Mr Eaten, and I want to keep it that way. What are we supposed to do, collect stalactite drippings and die of glim-cancer? Down here, fermented and slightly poisonous is about as safe as beverages can get. Yes, there's tea and coffee, but boiling requires heat, and heat requires fuel. Hauling around a stove to ensure you don't get horrid subterranean worms in your tea would be a terrible inconvenience, and more demand for fuel is more power to Hell and Mr Fires. Prisoner's honey is a much better target for temperance campaigners than wine. Sunlight as well, but that stuff's already quite prohibited.

    You'll have to pry my stash of mirrorlight boxes from my stiff, scorched, perma-dead hands!

    I'd be willing to support a candidate that was fighting for all of London's citizens (regardless of race, gender, species, ect.), but it's things like this that I think will turn most people away. She's a very capable woman and would make an admirable mayor, it's just that she also happens to have restrictive ideas that most likely won't align with the fanbase's sensibilities.
    edited by Sir Joseph Marlen on 6/21/2017

    --
    Sir Joseph Marlen - The Romantic Sophist
    Alexus Harven - The Defiant Fatalist
    Rose Reinhelm - The Respectful Revolutionary
    Cappuccino - The Perfidious Spycraft


    Available for any and all social actions.
    +1 link
    Lady Sapho Byron
    Lady Sapho Byron
    Posts: 786

    6/21/2017
    Aberrant Eremite wrote:

    I agree wholeheartedly! If Sinning Jenny can't run for re-election, why not the Illuminated Gentleman?


    That would be splendid! Now there is a candidate I could get und--that is--behind.

    --
    http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Lady%20Sapho%20L%20Byron
    Fighting the Menace of Corsetry Since 1892.
    +5 link
    Fadewalker
    Fadewalker
    Posts: 136

    6/21/2017
    For those who want to recall where they might have met that lady, here are some of the occasions:
    [spoiler]
    Literary Ambition in Spite, where she paid for your Hymns to Sobriety;
    Time in Bed in your Lodgings, where she brought you a potato-soup for your recovery;
    Mock an Insufferable Poseur in Singing Mandrake, you quickly fled from her exceptionally loud voice;
    The Heart, the Devil and the Zee, where she led a group of campaigners singing "Gin is Sin" to the newly-opened gin pub;
    Rose-Market in Sunless Sea, she bought your captain's live specimens and set them free (by the way, she came here for a protest of honey. Always.);
    (Particularly, if you have sold your soul and tried to cover the melancholy with quite a lot of wines, you might have once fallen into her arms and been beaten on the head then. What a fantastic encounter.)
    ...
    [/spoiler]
    Enthusiastic, generous, conservative, and as undefeatable as your aunt. She has made so many appearances while I can hardly recall any of them clearly without wikia. (A natural assassin! Gifted spy! A campaigner?!) Well, I'm considering voting her for potato-soups.
    edited by Fadewalker on 6/21/2017

    --
    A fervent supporter of the Council and the Masters.
    +4 link
    Lady Sapho Byron
    Lady Sapho Byron
    Posts: 786

    6/21/2017
    Kylestien wrote:
    Agreed. The former is no fun and the latter won't stay dead even after I cut him to ribbons. I do hope the third is more fun, but I fear this year will be rather a doughty one for the bohemien crowd. Best we can do is vote for whoever affects the usual fun the least. Which means anyone but DTC probably.


    Oddly enough, and despite my earlier assertion, between Feducci and the DTC I would be forced to support the DTC ... she probably won't work to undermine London itself and, as Mayor, she would provide me no end of inspiration for pernicious poetry and scurrilous editorializing.



  • --
    http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Lady%20Sapho%20L%20Byron
    Fighting the Menace of Corsetry Since 1892.
  • +1 link
    The Masked Felon
    The Masked Felon
    Posts: 60

    6/21/2017
    I'm actually considering voting for this old bird. If she becomes Mayor and prohibits alcohol, I'll make a heap of coin out of smuggling spirits for thirsty dockers and the like.
    +3 link
    Slyblue
    Slyblue
    Posts: 225

    6/21/2017
    The Masked Felon wrote:
    I'm actually considering voting for this old bird. If she becomes Mayor and prohibits alcohol, I'll make a heap of coin out of smuggling spirits for thirsty dockers and the like.


    Think of the honeydens! How much do you think people will pay to visit Parabola again?

    Veilgarden will turn into a very respectable place, that's for sure.

    --
    The Smiling Devil The Curt Licentiate The Keen-Eyed Captain

    "For hearts of truest mettle, absence doth join and Time doth settle."
    +1 link
    1234 ..12




    Powered by Jitbit Forum 8.0.2.0 © 2006-2013 Jitbit Software