Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Election

A place for in-game political discussion.

Election 1895: The Dauntless Temperance Campaigner Messages in this topic - RSS

Absintheuse
Absintheuse

6/21/2017
Sinning Jenny’s time is up, a new Mayor will be chosen! This week, we announce the three candidates who think they can do a better job. Whom will you support?

Today we announce the second candidate!

The Dauntless Temperance Campaigner is a fixture among London's social reformers. It seems she now has her sights on London! She bears the slogan: “Teatime for London.”

All manner of temperance campaigners flock to her emerald banners. Reformed poets, well-meaning members of Society and deacons and deaconesses of the Church walk in procession through the streets. “What I want, dearie, is for London to pull its socks up. For everybody!” She smiles and gives you a firm handshake.

The week will end with an announcement regarding the full details of the festival, which will begin Monday the 26th of June and run for two weeks.

edited by Absintheuse on 6/21/2017
+7 link
SeveredJoke
SeveredJoke

6/21/2017
I am torn. On one hand I abhor such prescriptive joyless curtailment of life's bounties but I do like tea.

--
Annabelle McAllister - Nemesis

Marlon JD - Bag a Legend

Suzi Bapsthwaite - Light Fingers

Delilah Moreo - Heart's Desire

Alexei Totkinder - Nemesis
+11 link
Plynkes
Plynkes

6/21/2017
Take the pledge? I'd just as soon slit me own throat. Time to barricade and loophole the pub, lads. They're trying to take away the working man's one small respite from the grind of life.

Well, that narrows it down to two candidates and makes the choice easier, at least. smile

--
"Then tell Wind and Fire where to stop, but don't tell me."
+5 link
Anne Auclair
Anne Auclair

6/21/2017
Well, I guess there's no doubt as to who I'm supporting.

And omigawd, her portrait is so adorable! ^^

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Anne%20Auclair
+8 link
Mr Sables
Mr Sables

6/21/2017
I do love the portrait, as well.

I find she reminds me too much of Professor Umbridge to ever trust, and I have a feeling we'll be uncovering a lot of dark secrets about her as the election moves on . . . it'll be interesting, as I certainly do hope we can have as critical and objective debates about her as we did Jenny last year, as it'd be good to see such exploration of FL's characters.

Still . . . I can't help but feel more indifferent than last year, but I think maybe that's less about the characters and more just about the election itself and its mechanics/end-results. I do look forward to future side-stories, though, such as we had with Jenny's Finishing school, and - must say - Feducci and the DTC could lead to some excellent side-stories.
0 link
BlabberingMat
BlabberingMat

6/21/2017
Oh dear god, no. Just no. I found who I won't vote for, at least.

--
Alt-Lana Loter
Main-Always Drunk Slav

"To see a world in a grain of sand, and Heaven in wild flowers.
To hold an infinity in palm of hand and Eternity in an hour”

Finally, I am Crooked Cross! Feel free to send invitations for Salon!
As of June 5th, 1895, I am London's newest Legendary Charisma!

The current progress in Mega Soul Grind: 53727/1 639 121 Souls
+5 link
Anne Auclair
Anne Auclair

6/21/2017
BlabberingMat wrote:

It seems somebody doesn't like tea and pulling up their socks!

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Anne%20Auclair
+12 link
dov
dov

6/21/2017
Anne Auclair wrote:
Well, I guess there's no doubt as to who I'm supporting.

And omigawd, her portrait is so adorable! ^^

It seems that they've listened to your suggestion from last year!

http://community.failbettergames.com/topic22692-the-dauntless-temperance-campaigner-for-mayor.aspx

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+3 link
Chronos
Chronos

6/21/2017
The name doesn't ring a bell. Feducci is still my first choice (unless companions, of course).

--
Please don't send me harmful social actions
main: https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Chronos78

alt: https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Chronos2
+1 link
BlabberingMat
BlabberingMat

6/21/2017
Anne Auclair wrote:
BlabberingMat wrote:

It seems somebody doesn't like tea and pulling up their socks!

She just reminds me too much of my old teacher. I hated that woman with passion.

--
Alt-Lana Loter
Main-Always Drunk Slav

0 link
Plynkes
Plynkes

6/21/2017
Well, if she pushes the whole temperance business as far as actually proposing prohibition, certain parties will definitely benefit.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the Cheery Man or the Gracious Widow are lurking behind this particular curtain.

--
"Then tell Wind and Fire where to stop, but don't tell me."
+3 link
Sara Hysaro
Sara Hysaro

6/21/2017
Oh, she might be surprisingly fun to learn about. I'm probably more likely to lean towards Feducci than DTC, but I'll leave an open mind for whatever the actual election might reveal (plus the third unrevealed candidate).

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sara%20Hysaro
Please do not send SMEN, cat boxes, or Affluent Reporter requests. All other social actions are welcome.

Are you a Scarlet Saint? Send a message my way to be added to the list.
+1 link
hellaGumshoe
hellaGumshoe

6/21/2017
Well... Nobody likes temperance, right? We all know how that turned out. But at least she's not a spooky immortal-ish spy for evil turtle people.

I'm not saying the Presbyrate's ruled by turtles, by the way. Just... living for a few hundred years, I mean, look what happens to people after only 100! Just saying, there's probably a reason Candidate #1 rocks the tomb-colonist look.
edited by hellaGumshoe on 6/21/2017

--
Hey, it's Gummy, the greatest rapper of the 19th century. Very roughly a lawful neutral.
+6 link
BlabberingMat
BlabberingMat

6/21/2017
hellaGumshoe wrote:
Well... Nobody likes temperance, right? We all know how that turned out. But at least she's not a spooky immortal-ish spy for evil turtle people.

I'm not saying the Presbyrate's ruled by turtles, by the way. Just... living for a few hundred years, I mean, look what happens to people after only 100! Just saying, there's probably a reason Candidate #1 rocks the tomb-colonist look.
edited by hellaGumshoe on 6/21/2017

Feducci is Raphael of TMNT in disguise. Headcanon accepted.

--
Alt-Lana Loter
Main-Always Drunk Slav

+2 link
suinicide
suinicide

6/21/2017
I think one of the hallowmas options talked about how she blamed Mr Wines for a death. So I always thought she was a revolutionary trying to weaken Wines' economic base.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
+1 link
Rostygold
Rostygold

6/21/2017
Some of you are taking your role-playing too seriously.

That said, if she wins, you may well get a card that helps you grind Favour: Church or Favour: Society later. Perhaps, if she wins, Failbetter would churn out that Favour/Renown revamp for The Church and/or Society a lot earlier - more content for all of us, especially the long-timers.

(Of course, if Feducci wins, we may well get a card that gives Favours: Tomb-Colonies. This might be more desirable to newer players. Better yet, his card might just give Favour: The Great Game - he's not exactly a London native, after all.)

P.S. On the other hand, if she wins but Failbetter slogs along with the Favour/Renown revamp for The Church and her card merely gives Connected: Society or Connected: Church, that would just be dissatisfactory. Yeah... Can't risk that kind of disappointment by voting for her, really.
edited by Rostygold on 6/21/2017
+1 link
Diptych
Diptych
Administrator

6/21/2017
suinicide wrote:
I think one of the hallowmas options talked about how she blamed Mr Wines for a death. So I always thought she was a revolutionary trying to weaken Wines' economic base.

Not all anti-Masters sentiment comes from anarchists, y'know? A cardigan-wearing, church-going, tea-drinking respectable sort like the Campaigner might still have every reason for opposing Wines' influence on London.

--
Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
+7 link
Kukapetal
Kukapetal

6/21/2017
Who?

Anyway, I hope she doesn't get elected. Poor Flesh-Stick will spend the next year catatonic :P
+1 link
KostberaLili
KostberaLili

6/21/2017
Actually I don't know who she is... Since I only started playing FL earlier this year OTZ

--
My profile: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/KostberaLili
Would be glad to play chess, drink coffee, spar, investigate the photographer. Big Grin
0 link
Fadewalker
Fadewalker

6/21/2017
I'm surprised to find that she might have already brought me several "hearty potato-soups for the convalescent", and paid me several times for my poems, but I didn't even remember her name... Sorryupset

--
A fervent supporter of the Council and the Masters.
+1 link
1234 ..12