Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.
the topic is closed | show rated messages only

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Weekly Questions, Beginning 2/01/2017 Messages in this topic - RSS

Diptych
Diptych
Administrator

1/2/2017
I have a bad cold, so I shall be telegraphically brief: ANSWER QUESTIONS

--
Sir Frederick, the Emancipationist Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
+1 link
Plynkes
Plynkes

1/2/2017
Problem with Time the Healer?

Very, very, very, very, very late.

--
"Then tell Wind and Fire where to stop, but don't tell me."
0 link
Loulou
Loulou

1/2/2017
Plynkes wrote:

Same here. It's been later than usual for a few weeks actually; over the course of a month mine has gone all the way from Friday evening to Monday morning, and it didn't show up for me today yet and it's almost evening where I am.

Edit: I hope you feel better soon, Sir Fred! Get some rest and fluids and all that, and take care of yourself.
edited by Louffles on 1/2/2017

--
Dr. Emmaline Anders, Open to most social actions, and accepting all calling cards.

Lieutenant Balzac Thibault, seldom seen in public and rarely (if ever) available for social actions.

Rest in love, Lady Ellia Stoneham, gone NORTH at last.

Open to PMs if you're looking for help with affairs 'enigmatic'.
0 link
SorrowSeer
SorrowSeer

1/2/2017
Hi.
I'm having technical issues with "Fallen London" - crashes without saving results (iPad4 mini).
Any specific topic to write about technical problems?
0 link
Barse
Barse

1/3/2017
Sending an email detailing your problem to support@failbettergames.com is the best course of action for bugs and stuff - hope it gets sorted!

--
The Scorched Sailor, up for most social actions and RP. Not as scary as he looks.
0 link
Jessena Hawk
Jessena Hawk

1/3/2017
Plynkes wrote:

Same for me, but I was only expecting it about 12 hours ago, so maybe not as late as it is for some.
I also stopped getting email notifications when stuff happens yesterday, but none of my settings have changed. No idea if related.

--
+1 link
idyl
idyl

1/3/2017
Plynkes wrote:

Yep, still waiting for it 14+ hours later than usual.
edited by idyl on 1/3/2017
edited by idyl on 1/3/2017

--
“Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est"
+1 link
Teaspoon
Teaspoon

1/3/2017
ditto

--
Truth lies at the bottom of a well.

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Alt%20Ern
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

1/3/2017
Jessena wrote:
Plynkes wrote:

Same for me, but I was only expecting it about 12 hours ago, so maybe not as late as it is for some.
I also stopped getting email notifications when stuff happens yesterday, but none of my settings have changed. No idea if related.

In the past, server issues that delayed TtH also delayed emails for in-game events. When the server issues were fixed, all the delayed emails were sent out iirc.

TtH is about 16 hours late for me now, if I'm counting right. Hopefully the new time will be in the evening - early morning has caused issues like missing the free Snowbound at the beginning of the event upset

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Cider? Just say hi!

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
+2 link
idyl
idyl

1/3/2017
Optimatum wrote:

TtH is about 16 hours late for me now, if I'm counting right. Hopefully the new time will be in the evening - early morning has caused issues like missing the free Snowbound at the beginning of the event upset

Same here. Missed out on some sweet, sweet "snow" because of a delay. I'm 15.5 hours late at the moment for TtH.

--
“Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est"
0 link
Silverias
Silverias

1/3/2017
I finished secrets framed in gold recently (Even the final part in the side streets) and have just realized...

I don't know what I did it all for. I don't mean this as a metaphor, or some existential crisis. I mean...that thanks to the way the story is framed (ha!) as opportunity cards, I never got a coherent picture (Ha!) of what the painting said.

Could someone PM me, pretty please, and put my fevered mind to rest about this?

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Silverias

Stop by and say hello, I'm a correspondent if you need someone to teach your kids.
+1 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

1/3/2017
I had the same feeling with Secrets. It was the forums and the "i'm a candle" tumblr that gave me a sense of what I was doing. If you tell me what you chose in the end (did you go all the way, or did you spare the forger?), I can PM you without spoilering you.

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
0 link
SorrowSeer
SorrowSeer

1/3/2017
Barselaar wrote:
Sending an email detailing your problem to support@failbettergames.com is the best course of action for bugs and stuff - hope it gets sorted!

Thanks! Played card "City Vices: a Rather Decadent Evening"
P.S. Had a good chance with Persuasive. And only 20% with Connected: Bohemian (2 checks in one field).
Got best result on a roll! Success in both! Made Waves (for the first time in the game). And then it crashed.
Very upsetting.
edited by SorrowSeer on 1/3/2017
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

1/3/2017
Seems that the holidays, two ES I got from Hallowmas and little time in game made me forget which story started with
[spoiler]the investigation of disappearances where ash and honey smell was all that was left?[/spoiler]
Don't even remember if it was the non-Fate part, but if it wasn't I would appreciate a PM.

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
0 link
suinicide
suinicide

1/3/2017
Sending PM.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
+1 link
Loulou
Loulou

1/3/2017
suinicide wrote:
Sending PM.

If possible, could I get it as well? I played the content long enough ago that the details are quite hazy, and I'd love to get a little refresh.

--
Dr. Emmaline Anders, Open to most social actions, and accepting all calling cards.

Lieutenant Balzac Thibault, seldom seen in public and rarely (if ever) available for social actions.

Rest in love, Lady Ellia Stoneham, gone NORTH at last.

Open to PMs if you're looking for help with affairs 'enigmatic'.
0 link
Silverias
Silverias

1/3/2017
Jolanda Swan wrote:
I had the same feeling with Secrets. It was the forums and the "i'm a candle" tumblr that gave me a sense of what I was doing. If you tell me what you chose in the end (did you go all the way, or did you spare the forger?), I can PM you without spoilering you.

I finished, completely, including the option on the bazaar side streets. I wasn't a great friend, but sometimes knowledge is important.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Silverias

Stop by and say hello, I'm a correspondent if you need someone to teach your kids.
0 link
dragonridingsorceress
dragonridingsorceress

1/3/2017
My PTPT:TOL is at 16, so I can no longer feed Pails of Snow to wild boars. I'm not a Correspondent, so I cannot write a monograph on it, in it.

How do I 1) raise PTPT:TOL, and 2) use up my Pails of "Snow"?

--
DragonRidingSorceress is an Author of good standing. Mostly good standing. She's happy to accept any social action except Photographer and Loitering, but requests warnings before duping/poisoning/etc.

Seeker of Names is a... being with an obsession. They're willing to accept all invitations.
One who seeks to know all that is and may be. One who dances in the silence of the void. One whose fantasies make the reality come alive.
0 link
suinicide
suinicide

1/3/2017
Mr sacks will raise ToL a bit more, but I'd wait until you've spent some before using the pails again.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
0 link
Màiread
Màiread

1/3/2017
I too played SFiG an eternity ago. I enjoyed it, but given that my original interpretation seems to have been torpedoed by recentish revelations, I'd be delighted to hear from anyone who has a better sense of what it was all about.

--
Màiread - Correspondent, composer, lover of cats. Can probably bake you a d__n fine cake.

Useful Links: Traveller's Friend (Progress Tracker & Notability Calculator) | phryne's Guide to Favours & Renown |

Peggy the Nowoman lived to see the Feast. Thank you for the memories, Snow Lady.

I'm happy to accept most social actions except for lethal sparring and loitering suspiciously. Please challenge my plant! Currently not accepting calling cards.
0 link
1234 ..6