Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Sea

A game of survival, trade and exploration in the universe of Fallen London

Updating through GoG? Messages in this topic - RSS

Mukuro
Mukuro

12/23/2016
So I have SS through GoG and do not have Zubmariner but am planning to buy it.

I logged into Sunless Sea for the first time in a while, and when I connect to the server all it tells me is "Latest Game Version Needed". I seem to remember that in the past I was able to update through the client, but maybe my memory is faulty. Do I need to redownload the entire updated game through GoG and replace it somehow? How do I keep my save if I do this?
  • 0 link
    Reshemin
    Reshemin

12/23/2016
    AFAIK you will have to redownload the updated program/installer as a whole when you get this (I'm not on GoG so can't tell you specifics, but should not be difficult to find out I hope).

Assuming you're on Windows, type %APPDATA% in explorer address bar - the path showing up then will contain a folder called 'appdata' (surprise!). In there is another called 'LocalLow'. And in there you'll find first Failbetter Games, then Sunless Sea, and then Saves.

Edit: I always seem to assume people want to do something with the saves automatically whenever I read something like this smile If you don't, and just want to update the game/redownload and install a new version you don't have to bother. That does not touch the savefiles.
    edited by Reshemin on 12/23/2016
    0 link
    Mukuro
    Mukuro

12/23/2016
    I'm on Mac, but I just want to update the game. Don't really want to mess with the save at all; as long as it sticks around I'll be happy. I seem to remember I didn't have to redownload the entire 1GB game file every time there was an update in the past...
    0 link
    Reshemin
    Reshemin

12/23/2016
    1GB?!? Just checking with Humble, the Mac version has like 280 MB... kay, without Zubmariner I think, but still... o_O Anyway, there's no reason it should change anything with your saves.
    0 link