Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Endlessness... for eternity Messages in this topic - RSS

Urthdigger
Urthdigger

2/7/2012
I judge, but I personally find it fascinating and most interesting. Quite individualistic, I support your refined tastes.

--
Looking for second chances to maximize your loot output from those troublesome storylets? Check out our handy gang of volunteers in this thread, or even volunteer yourself!

@Urthdigger on twitter
0 link
Unguided
Unguided

2/7/2012
I'm glad that the vehicles are good for more than just a card now. It seemed such a waste to have equipment that did nothing.
0 link
pinstripeowl
pinstripeowl

2/7/2012
Such a glorious glorious thing. <3

--
http://twitter.com/#!/pinstripeowl
http://echobazaar.failbettergames.com/Profile/pinstripeowl
0 link
mrf1shie
mrf1shie

2/7/2012
Hmm, I seem to have +2 Respectable but the only item of clothing I have which has a respectable stat is +1 from a morning suit. Perhaps this is a bug, or could other factors be taken into account, lodgings perhaps? Or other hidden attributes.

--
0 link
Dave
Dave

2/7/2012
mrf1shie wrote:
Hmm, I seem to have +2 Respectable but the only item of clothing I have which has a respectable stat is +1 from a morning suit. Perhaps this is a bug, or could other factors be taken into account, lodgings perhaps? Or other hidden attributes.

I am hoping that lodgings eventually add to these new stats - after all, what is the point of a respectable address if it doesn't make you more respectable? I do not have any of the highest-level lodgings yet, though, so I can't say. If you are a Person of Some Importance, many of the additional inventory items available add to the new attributes - but I don't know of any that add only +1 respectable. I'm not sure how you have a +2 with a morning suit.

--
The Dave, a terrifying, lethal, inescapable and sagacious gentleman
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

2/7/2012
mrf1shie wrote:

An easy test... Strip yourself naked from any item and see if you've still got the +1. Then re-add one item at a time to check which one it could be... If nothing fits, it could be a small bug or something like that. Mind that the modifiers could take some seconds to update ^^

--
Twitter: @streetfelineblu
Blue's LiveJournal
Blue's Echo Bazaar profile
Blue's Night Circus diary
Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
0 link
mrf1shie
mrf1shie

2/8/2012
Ah, it seems to have been a bug, I'm now back to the expected +1

--
0 link
quartz
quartz

2/8/2012
When does this begin? This will do great things for my work!
0 link
Patrick Reding
Patrick Reding

2/8/2012
streetfelineblue wrote:
An easy test... Strip yourself naked...

Scandal is increasing...

--
http://echobazaar.failbettergames.com/Profile/Yana
+1 link
Proto Omega
Proto Omega

2/8/2012
streetfelineblue wrote:
Dave wrote:
streetfelineblue wrote:
OK, so till now:
Proto Omega mentioned the Zubmarine gives +2 Bizarre.

My zubmarine seems to give only +1 Bizarre.

OK, edited!

Oh dear. I could have sworn mine said +2 when I first checked this morning. I suppose I must have read it wrong! Although, I still have +2 overall, which makes me wonder what could be adding it? The only other things I have equipped (that add anything) are a Ratwork Velocipede and a Dignified Tailcoat (which is +1 Respectable). :S

--
A shadow, a whisper, echoing in the dark spaces.
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

2/8/2012
Patrick Reding wrote:
streetfelineblue wrote:

Scandal is increasing...

...Omnia munda mundis XD

--
Blue's LiveJournal
Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
+1 link
Alexis Kennedy
Alexis Kennedy

2/8/2012
The new action regime is now live. Have fun!
+1 link

2/8/2012
I write this here because it's something new so I wonder if it is something introduced together with the endlessness or a collateral damage... I noticed that now, when you fail an action, you are not allowed anymore to change it with the second chance (in case there were other options), can you confirm?
0 link
Patrick Reding
Patrick Reding

2/8/2012
streetfelineblue wrote:
Patrick Reding wrote:
streetfelineblue wrote:

Scandal is increasing...

...Omnia munda mundis XD

...touché. :p

--
http://echobazaar.failbettergames.com/Profile/Yana
0 link
Abraham Bounty
Abraham Bounty

2/8/2012
mrf1shie wrote:

This may well be totally unrelated, but yesterday I had a +4 to my Watchful when I first logged in, when I had equipped over +10 worth of gear. Fortunately, forcing an update (by changing one piece of gear) solved the issue. I don't know if it was merely a display artifact, or if I really 'had' a +4 and might well have been locked out of certain actions (or allowed back in, as the case may be).

--
News in the Neath: Noted citizen of Fallen London, Abraham Bounty, has acquired six hundred and sixty six souls. Additionally rumour has it that the lion's share of those souls was from a theft of The Brass Embasy itself. We are quite certain that this portents nothing ominous for him. Well, nothing unusually ominous anyway.
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

2/8/2012
LukeMcMillan wrote:
I write this here because it's something new so I wonder if it is something introduced together with the endlessness or a collateral damage... I noticed that now, when you fail an action, you are not allowed anymore to change it with the second chance (in case there were other options), can you confirm?

Confirmed! It did seem a bit of an abuse of the system - you could get the Quality increase for the higher difficulty, and if you failed you could try the easier one with no penalty other than losing the Second Chance, because the Quality increase of the second try was zero anyway.

--
Blue's LiveJournal
0 link
travellersside
travellersside

2/8/2012
Well, there's always the penalty of having less of a reward, you know. A minor detail, I know, but still real.
0 link
Alexis Kennedy
Alexis Kennedy

2/8/2012
LukeMcMillan wrote:

There were several exploits of various degrees of seriousness around this: some kind soul reported a particularly serious one and we tightened the functionality up.
0 link
Archon
Archon

2/8/2012
streetfelineblue wrote:
LukeMcMillan wrote:

Confirmed! It did seem a bit of an abuse of the system - you could get the Quality increase for the higher difficulty, and if you failed you could try the easier one with no penalty other than losing the Second Chance, because the Quality increase of the second try was zero anyway.

It was great in the Forgotten Quarter, though. Look for the Correspondence and then when that failed switch over to hunting for curios and get Watchful off BOTH because the I guess the curio one wasn't a challenge reward, it was just a fixed reward.

travellersside wrote:
Well, there's always the penalty of having less of a reward, you know. A minor detail, I know, but still real.

Not really less. If I remember correctly you could theoretically get to Mahogany Hall with a high Persuasive and 0 Shadowy (or vice versa) and grind the living daylights out of the "The cutthroat world of advertising" storylet. Or grind Persuasive off Dangerous in the third(?) coil of the Labyrinth with the nearsighted tiger (though that one is funny from a narrative standpoint - try your best to convince him, and when it fails, smile confidently and hit him in the face). The rewards for those were all about or over an Echo of stuff, pretty close to the current most lucrative storylets. Even when you factor in the time to get second chances, you still come out far ahead of the lower-level rewards for grinding legitimately.

(Watchful was the odd man out - I think the biggest crossover was fairly low in the Flit chain of events. Still possible, just not quite as profitable.)
+1 link
MrChris
MrChris

2/9/2012
One indeterminately-gendered individual's exploit is another's clever stratagem, I always say.

(Seriously. You have no idea how many occasions I've had to say that very phrase.)

--
@CdotPdotM
My Profile
0 link