Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

patent scrutinizer Messages in this topic - RSS

Maurna Frost
Maurna Frost

2/7/2012
Dear Delicious Friends!

I find myself in need of one of these diabolical viewing devices, how does one go about the creation? I know items of luminosity are required but I find myself missing the step between memories of light and the patents. Does anyone know?

(Hrm possibly suggestion for future updates actually. Could ruin some of the surprise for crafting but perhaps grayed out squares where items would go so you could figure out that A leads to B leads to C or D depending on choice. Or perhaps backwards crafting. "This can be crafted from item A, so you can do some reverse engineering.)

~MF
A Lady seeking to craft
edited by MaurnaFrost on 2/7/2012

--
~MF

I greatly enjoy meeting delicious new friends and participating in deliciously exciting new adventures! Please feel free to drop a card to meet for dinner, exchange favors, give an interview, or any other activity that comes to mind. I DO particpate in exchanges requiring Fate, BUT you must contact me first; twitter, facebook, or here on the forums via PM.

Note: I am currently exchanging parcels with a large number of dear friends and my parcel opportunities are rare. I am always willing to exchange but your rate of return may be rather slow. To find others to exchange with I recommend the Starveling list.
0 link
Diptych
Diptych
Administrator

2/7/2012
Beeswax becomes Scarabs become Memories of Light become Mourning Candles become Scrutinisers.

--
Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

2/7/2012
[SPOILER]: you should find a guide to all of your crafting needs on this wiki: http://echobazaar.wikidot.com/item-conversions .

Anyway, a Patent Scrutinizer only costs 28.80 at the Bazaar, so if you've got a good Action you could just grind a bit of Echoes and buy it outright (I had mine much before I needed it, I used it as part of my detective outfit).

EDIT: I read in Announcements (http://community.failbettergames.com/topic237-a-small-but-toothsome-story-update.aspx) that conversions have been slightly modified, so the guide should still be mostly useful, but will have to be updated with the new tweaks ^^
edited by streetfelineblue on 2/7/2012

--
Twitter: @streetfelineblu
Blue's LiveJournal
Blue's Echo Bazaar profile
Blue's Night Circus diary
Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
+1 link
Maurna Frost
Maurna Frost

2/7/2012
Thank you sirs! Hmm I'll have to decide which route is easier...I currently have no access to wax, access to scarabs is via opportunity but those come along fairly regularly... On the otherhand the only means of echoes I currently have is to play with the Fisher Kings hmmm

Although recent changes to my candles may well fix this issue!

~MF
A Lady seeking light!

--
~MF

I greatly enjoy meeting delicious new friends and participating in deliciously exciting new adventures! Please feel free to drop a card to meet for dinner, exchange favors, give an interview, or any other activity that comes to mind. I DO particpate in exchanges requiring Fate, BUT you must contact me first; twitter, facebook, or here on the forums via PM.

Note: I am currently exchanging parcels with a large number of dear friends and my parcel opportunities are rare. I am always willing to exchange but your rate of return may be rather slow. To find others to exchange with I recommend the Starveling list.
0 link
Diptych
Diptych
Administrator

2/7/2012
Wax and Scarabs are both rare, and worth saving up for (spoilers) dealing with the Big Rat and purchasing a Velocipede. It might be easiest just to buy a Scrutiniser at the Bazaar - it's a solid, dependable tool to have until you can afford a Deluxe model or a Ratwork Watch.

--
Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

2/7/2012
Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook wrote:
Wax and Scarabs are both rare, and worth saving up for (spoilers) dealing with the Big Rat and purchasing a Velocipede. It might be easiest just to buy a Scrutiniser at the Bazaar - it's a solid, dependable tool to have until you can afford a Deluxe model or a Ratwork Watch.

And even after, a varied equipment allows to tailor your stats according to the needed difficulty (I usually try to make all the potentially Menace inducing tests at Modest, and the "safe" ones at High-risk, so I actually often need WORSE equipment not to make the tests too easy XD).

--
Twitter: @streetfelineblu
Blue's LiveJournal
Blue's Echo Bazaar profile
Blue's Night Circus diary
Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
+1 link