Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Sea

A game of survival, trade and exploration in the universe of Fallen London

The Dawn Machine Messages in this topic - RSS

Marsha Glade
Marsha Glade

10/27/2016
So once I've given enough Vital Intelligence to London to make it Glorious and thus change the 'Neath as we know it... can I start selling my Vital Intelligence to the Diplomat without having to worry about the Dawn Machine rising and taking the Admiral (and my free fuel source) away?

Or is the Dawn Machine unable to override London's supremacy so I should sell away? I'm not sure how old the info in the Wiki is on these matters.

--
Marsha Glade - A rather charming thief.
Has her own zubmarine.
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

10/27/2016
The Dawn Machine supremacy event can trigger even with London already supreme. Even if it couldn't trigger you'd still have trouble, as the uncapped Dawn Machine supremacy gains from selling Vital Intelligence would eventually be enough to lock the Admiral.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Cider? Just say hi! Christmas Cards appreciated though, especially the Fogscape with Tentacles.

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
Marsha Glade
Marsha Glade

10/27/2016
I guess that's the price to pay for trying to make money.
Thanks. Looks like I'll always stick to being a London patriot no matter how much extra money is offered to betray them. smile

--
Has her own zubmarine.
+1 link
Drake Dynamo
Drake Dynamo

10/28/2016
See, I think this issue is a fundamental misconception on your part- why wouldn't you want to see the Dawn Machine supreme? Bring light to the Neath, overthrow the Judgements, and bask in the glory of a New Sequence.

--
Oh no. Another post from that goon who goes on about statistics.

Drake Dynamo -Correspondent, Hesperidean Cider Drinker , Matchmaker, and Paramount Presence
The Antioch - The Coffee God (I do not check this account often)
Mr. Mauvais - A ghostly skullduggerous fellow, chopped up for the time being (Only active during seasonal events)

Guide to becoming a Poet-Laureate
If you need to discuss RP matters, I can typically be found on the IRC in #Argo.
+1 link
Marsha Glade
Marsha Glade

10/28/2016
But I'd lose access to the Admiral, the free fuel and the money provided by Port Reports.
Sure I'm making thousands on each run through artefacts and stuff and waste so much money on overpriced fuel at other ports... but is it really worth it to remove the Admiral and his money-giving, fuel-providing services?

--
Has her own zubmarine.
+1 link
Drake Dynamo
Drake Dynamo

10/28/2016
Yes, for HE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN T

--
Oh no. Another post from that goon who goes on about statistics.

Drake Dynamo -Correspondent, Hesperidean Cider Drinker , Matchmaker, and Paramount Presence
The Antioch - The Coffee God (I do not check this account often)
Mr. Mauvais - A ghostly skullduggerous fellow, chopped up for the time being (Only active during seasonal events)

Guide to becoming a Poet-Laureate
If you need to discuss RP matters, I can typically be found on the IRC in #Argo.
0 link
Marsha Glade
Marsha Glade

10/28/2016
Unfortunately, my sense of "Recurring Free Stuff" trumps the one-time benefit of the New Sequence.

--
Has her own zubmarine.
0 link
HelenDamnation
HelenDamnation

10/28/2016
Maybe start selling to the Diplomat when you've completed an Ambition and are ready for a new Captain anyway. That's my plan for this go round.
0 link
Marsha Glade
Marsha Glade

10/30/2016
I went East. And not just East and sent back, but I sang Salt's Song while doing it.
Starting from scratch, even with doubled stats from trophies is still slow and horrible upset
edited by stylesrj on 10/30/2016

--
Has her own zubmarine.
0 link