Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Sea

A game of survival, trade and exploration in the universe of Fallen London

Zubmariner comes out today! Messages in this topic - RSS

Hannah Flynn
Hannah Flynn
Administrator

10/11/2016
Early Access buyers will receive a copy automatically.

Kickstarter Backers will hopefully receive a copy automatically, but if we get reports that you haven't, we have an email ready to go with keys for everyone.

Excitment levels: ALL STAFF WEARING MATCHING T-SHIRTS

--
Wields the news canon, aboard the hype train.
+11 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

10/11/2016
Hannah Flynn wrote:

Pics or it didn't happened!
In any case, congratulations!!! Big Grin
edited by Skinnyman on 10/11/2016

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
+2 link
Hannah Flynn
Hannah Flynn
Administrator

10/11/2016
Skinnyman wrote:
Hannah Flynn wrote:

Pics or it didn't happened!
In any case, congratulations!!! Big Grin
edited by Skinnyman on 10/11/2016

Pics available throughout the day on instagram: failbetter_games Big Grin

--
+2 link
BlabberingMat
BlabberingMat

10/11/2016
I am totally making a Steam account just for this! Will some sort of deal ( SS+Zubmariner) be eventually available?

--
Alt-Lana Loter
Main-Always Drunk Slav

"To see a world in a grain of sand, and Heaven in wild flowers.
To hold an infinity in palm of hand and Eternity in an hour”

Finally, I am Crooked Cross! Feel free to send invitations for Salon!
As of June 5th, 1895, I am London's newest Legendary Charisma!

The current progress in Mega Soul Grind: 53727/1 639 121 Souls
+2 link
Hannah Flynn
Hannah Flynn
Administrator

10/11/2016
BlabberingMat wrote:
I am totally making a Steam account just for this! Will some sort of deal ( SS+Zubmariner) be eventually available?

Thar shall be a bundle, aye.

--
+3 link
Emain Ablach
Emain Ablach

10/11/2016
It says "will be available in 5 hours". Oh the wait... AIT THE WAIT THE WAIT THE WAIT THE W

--
Went NORTH. Got salted. Never came back. We won't remember him.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Emain%20Ablach
+1 link
absimiliard
absimiliard

10/11/2016
GAHH!!!!!!

(just sayin')

--
"Because, Parabola!" -- the Curious Captain
Eating nightmares from friends -- and I'm easy to befriend.
Absimiliard: the Black Rose of Wolfstack Docks
+1 link
Dowly
Dowly

10/11/2016
*rocks back and forth*

Only three hours... or is it four? No, it is three.. two now? Still three...

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Dowly
0 link
suinicide
suinicide

10/11/2016
One more hour!

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
0 link
phryne
phryne

10/11/2016
AK has a few words to say about Zubmariner, as well...

--
Exceptional Stories, sorted by Season and by writerFavours & Renown GuideDestiny Guide
Go play StoryNexus games - while you still can!
+1 link
UK_john
UK_john

10/11/2016
I paid £11.39 for Sunless Sea. Now I see if I had pre-ordered it, part of kickstarter or just buying the game today for the first, I would get the expansion free,

But because I am one of the many who paid the cash so you were able to keep paying the rent over the last year or so, I get no break at all and am expected to pay ANOTHER £7.99 for the expansion on top of what I already paid! That's a total of £19.38!

Absolutely ridiculous! Are you trying to lose loyal customers

edited by UK_john on 10/11/2016
-7 link
Teaspoon
Teaspoon

10/11/2016
That's sort of the point of Kickstarters - pay money early, get discounts later.

Paid DLC is not that weird a concept in the gaming world at large.

--
Truth lies at the bottom of a well.

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Alt%20Ern
+3 link
John Moose
John Moose

10/11/2016
Are you actually indignant at having to pay for an expansion? Or that there's a better deal for Sunless Sea today than when you bought it? How would you have gotten the expansion free by buying Sunless Sea today?
+2 link
Kyron The Wise
Kyron The Wise

10/11/2016
UK_john wrote:
I paid £11.39 for Sunless Sea. Now I see if I had pre-ordered it, part of kickstarter or just buying the game today for the first, I would get the expansion free,

But because I am one of the many who paid the cash so you were able to keep paying the rent over the last year or so, I get no break at all and am expected to pay ANOTHER £7.99 for the expansion on top of what I already paid! That's a total of £19.38!

Absolutely ridiculous! Are you trying to lose loyal customers

People buying Sunless right now aren't getting Zub as well. There is a bundle for the both. It also happens to be more expensive than Zubmariner, slightly. The only thing being discounted, standalone or in bundle, is the base game, and FBG reserves the right to put that on sale, which they have done so. Newbies are not paying less for the expack than people who had the game.

--
Kyron The Wise, Correspondent, and thus always a wee bit insane. Also now on the Seeking Road, I do not desire Mr. Eaten's name, but pursue the identity of another name. (Main Account):
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Kyron~The~Wise
Secondary, previously dreaming of Parabola, now dreaming of the Name, account:
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Librari

You can argue with me, and you might even defeat my points. But somewhere along the way I may use philosophy to make you question existence. Who's the real winner?
+1 link
lady ciel
lady ciel

10/11/2016
I would say that at least some of the people who backed the Kickstarter paid more than £20 to Failbetter, several gave significantly more to get some other rewards and input into the game. Zubmariner was one of two stretch goals and without those backers Sunless Sea and now Zubmariner would not exist.

Also Failbetter do need to make money to continue making their games.

--
ciel

Sorry RL means I am not a very active player at the moment. No social actions unless you are prepared to wait and definitely no sparring or other mult-action things.

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

storynexus name - reveurciel
+2 link
Rupho Schartenhauer
Rupho Schartenhauer

10/12/2016
Hannah Flynn wrote:
Mh, how exactly? Is it just part of "Download new stories" or am I waiting for an email? Or something?

Tbh, I bought Sunless Sea what seems like ages ago. I think it was during Early Access, but I'm not entirely sure...

--
Old hand, still occasionally playing.
0 link
Emain Ablach
Emain Ablach

10/12/2016
"£7.99" That's two kebabs. If you don't eat those two kebabs, you can discover what lies beneath the waves (nothing of consequence, of course). Pretty good deal, mm ?

--
Went NORTH. Got salted. Never came back. We won't remember him.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Emain%20Ablach
+1 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

10/12/2016
Rupho Schartenhauer wrote:
Hannah Flynn wrote:
Mh, how exactly? Is it just part of "Download new stories" or am I waiting for an email? Or something?

Tbh, I bought Sunless Sea what seems like ages ago. I think it was during Early Access, but I'm not entirely sure...

If you bought it through Steam or redeemed the Steam code through Humble Bundle it should be automatically added to your library.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Cider? Just say hi! Christmas Cards appreciated though, especially the Fogscape with Tentacles.

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
Rupho Schartenhauer
Rupho Schartenhauer

10/12/2016
Optimatum wrote:
If you bought it through Steam or redeemed the Steam code through Humble Bundle it should be automatically added to your library.
Thanks, I did the latter but it's not in my library.
Before contacting support with this, I'll try to find out when exactly I bought the game...
Edit Dec 2013 - that should've been early access, right?
edited by Rupho Schartenhauer on 10/12/2016

--
Old hand, still occasionally playing.
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

10/12/2016
That would definitely be early access - the game was officially released in February 2015.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Cider? Just say hi! Christmas Cards appreciated though, especially the Fogscape with Tentacles.

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
+1 link