Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Sea

A game of survival, trade and exploration in the universe of Fallen London

Does Zubmariner require restart/New Captain? Messages in this topic - RSS

The Mechanical Watcher
The Mechanical Watcher

10/10/2016
Just curious if Zubmariner is going to require a restart, or a new captain? I just got Sunless Sea, and don't want to delve in too much right now if I just have to restart in two days time.
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

10/10/2016
It may require a new captain to do absolutely everything, but it will not require a restart.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Cider? Just say hi! Christmas Cards appreciated though, especially the Fogscape with Tentacles.

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
Hannah Flynn
Hannah Flynn
Administrator

10/11/2016
The only thing you will need a new captain for is the new ambition. You might actually want a more seasoned captain for the new underwater stories!

--
Wields the news canon, aboard the hype train.
+2 link
John Moose
John Moose

10/11/2016
Poppycock, I don't think there's anything down there that could threaten my brand new captain. After all, I have it on good authority there's nothing of consequence on the zee-bottom. Surely it'll just be a peaceful sight-seeing trip.
edited by John Moose on 10/11/2016
+3 link
absimiliard
absimiliard

10/11/2016
Spoken like the cocky arrogant sort we Zee-Captains are.

I approve John Moose, I approve.

[now, two and half hours until we get into new and delicious kinds of trouble ... and die ... probably a few times. Yummy!]

--
"Because, Parabola!" -- the Curious Captain
Eating nightmares from friends -- and I'm easy to befriend.
Absimiliard: the Black Rose of Wolfstack Docks
+2 link
A Dimness
A Dimness

10/11/2016
Really excited for the amp-up in difficulty. Earning money is entirely trivial even from the get-go if you know the right routes and/or start with a decent amount of savings from your previous captain.

--
A truth so strange it can only be lied into existence
0 link
AgentTBC
AgentTBC

10/11/2016
When I start a new captain with Zubmariner and choose a past, I don't get to choose a name/portrait. So I'm sailing around as ShadowedStranger with the default bald portrait. Is this supposed to happen? Anyone else see something else?
0 link
MidnightVoyager
MidnightVoyager

10/11/2016
AgentTBC wrote:
When I start a new captain with Zubmariner and choose a past, I don't get to choose a name/portrait. So I'm sailing around as ShadowedStranger with the default bald portrait. Is this supposed to happen? Anyone else see something else?

No, I had the same thing happen.

--
Midnight Voyager - A blood-cousin to predators. Collector of beasts. Affably mad.
0 link
AgentTBC
AgentTBC

10/11/2016
Think its a bug we should report to the email address? It seems like some mishmash of the Choose a Past and A Past Wreathed In Shadows options.
0 link
Hannah Flynn
Hannah Flynn
Administrator

10/11/2016
Sounds weird, please report: zubmariner@failbettergames.com

--
Wields the news canon, aboard the hype train.
0 link
John Moose
John Moose

10/11/2016
Same here, an uneducated guess would be that the dialogue of the new ambition bypasses the part where you choose your name/face. I'll send an email.
0 link
MidnightVoyager
MidnightVoyager

10/11/2016
I already reported it, but it probably wouldn't hurt more people to confirm it!

--
Midnight Voyager - A blood-cousin to predators. Collector of beasts. Affably mad.
0 link
AgentTBC
AgentTBC

10/12/2016
Right, I assume we're all choosing the new ambition which is likely the cause.
0 link
Jackson Shea
Jackson Shea

10/14/2016
MidnightVoyager wrote:

I can confirm this confirmation. Not that I spend a lot of time ogling my own silhouette, but I did feel awfully lonely without that dutiful functionary scrambling to ask my preferred title.

--
Jackson Shea, a player of the Game that accidentally grew a heart. The light need not necessarily go out.

Always available for social actions. Will always try to talk you out of Seeking.
0 link
Jackson Shea
Jackson Shea

10/14/2016
Jackson Shea wrote:
MidnightVoyager wrote:

I can confirm this confirmation. Not that I spend a lot of time ogling my own silhouette, but I did feel awfully lonely without that dutiful functionary scrambling to ask my preferred title.

Ah! But only minutes after I posted this, my unfortunate captain died a rather grisly death attempting to sail toward the Mountain, and my new one was given the proper chance to choose a name and a face. Thank you, FBG!

--
Jackson Shea, a player of the Game that accidentally grew a heart. The light need not necessarily go out.

Always available for social actions. Will always try to talk you out of Seeking.
0 link
MidnightVoyager
MidnightVoyager

10/14/2016
Yep, they said it'd be fixed with the next story download.

FAIR WARNING: If anyone is working for the Crimson Beast of Winter, just don't bother going for Mutton Island. Chances are you're late enough that it'll be closed anyway, and I don't see any alternate way to favor the Cheery Man.

--
0 link