Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Enlist other Players: the Singing Mandrake

Here you can find help from other players. Find a chess partner, someone to listen to your nightmares, or a clique.

Lapidary's Pimp Cane Messages in this topic - RSS

Esperanza
Esperanza

9/7/2016
Hi everyone!

I've gotten to the point where the lapidary wants to reward me with a bejeweled cane. Problem is that I only have 1 sapphire and no venom rubies (I need 5 for each). I'd love it if anyone can gift me the jewels or tell me the most efficient route to obtain them.

--
Esperanza Delamar, a breathtaking and insightful lady.
0 link
Sandi Gummy
Sandi Gummy

9/7/2016
You should try Pickpocketing in Spite!!

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Julia~Jokes

Hello all I am new xD
You can play chess or do things with me ^^
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

9/7/2016
Greetings!

My guess is that you're not a PoSI, but that should be a problem! It may take some runs, but you can get it from the Crowds of Spite. You'll need to aim for 20+ trophies to open this option in the end which will grant you the required jewels.

It will take some runs because it's luck based, but try to have a few second chances to take full advantage of the best cards. For me, I think I managed to get 20 after 4-5 runs with a 3 card lodgings. Otherwise, two gifts are required, but my guess is that most people are engaged in box exchanging.

Good luck!

EDIT: You'll need to take the longest route and play cards which offer the minimum of Approaching your Destination, but the maximum of Pickpocket's Trophy. Oh, and pay attention not to be seen. You have 3 great cards for trophies and another which best saved to decrease Approaching, but also increase Unseen.
edited by Skinnyman on 9/7/2016

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
0 link
Mikarissa
Mikarissa

9/7/2016
I got my sapphires on the first coil in the Labyrinth of Tigers, at Mr Stones' stall, but that might not be the most efficient method.
0 link
Esperanza
Esperanza

9/7/2016
Sandi Gummy,

I tried that and ended up in jail cause I was careless lol
Never had a menace go awry so that was quite an experience :P
I'll try the Crowds again

Skinnyman,

I am not a PoSI yet but I did try Crowds and that was definitely a trip lol thank you for being in depth smile

Mikarissa,

I hope to get to get there eventually! Glad to know I can get jewels there

--
0 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

9/7/2016
Esperanza wrote:
Sandi Gummy,

Skinnyman,

I am not a PoSI yet but I did try Crowds and that was definitely a trip lol thank you for being in depth smile

Mikarissa,

I hope to get to get there eventually! Glad to know I can get jewels there

Perhaps you can wait until your Shadowy is higher. Or maybe someone will drop you some jewels since a criminal record, once allowed to grow, are much more trouble than the Cane's worth.

--
Estelle Knoht, a juvenile, unreliable and respectable lady.
I currently do not accept any catbox, cider, suppers, calling cards or proteges.
0 link
Sandi Gummy
Sandi Gummy

9/7/2016
Esperanza wrote:
Sandi Gummy,

Oh no I am so sorry! X.X

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Julia~Jokes

Hello all I am new xD
You can play chess or do things with me ^^
0 link
Esperanza
Esperanza

9/7/2016
Sandi,

Lol no worries it's my fault for forgetting to get rid of my suspicion before diving in
I managed to meet the Repentant Forger in jail so it's all good~

--
0 link
Kourkoumpina
Kourkoumpina

9/8/2016
How do you send items as gifts??? I mean, I have managed to send some requests to be helped or help against nightmares/suspicion and scandal but I didnt know you can send items.

How exactly do you do that?

--
Let justice be done, though heavens should fall.
0 link
Barse
Barse

9/8/2016
There is a card, "A Commotion in the Square of Lofty Words", that allows you to send second chances, surprise packages and gems, among other things, to players. Keep drawing cards and you should see it!

--
The Scorched Sailor, up for most social actions and RP. Not as scary as he looks.
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

9/8/2016
Mostly know as Gift card. Here's the wiki link to it to get the idea of it.

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
0 link
BlabberingMat
BlabberingMat

9/8/2016
I have one in hand, if anyone needs jewels for cane. Speaking of which, I really like it. It was my main Persuasive weapon for quite a while, and first BDR item I got my hands on.

--
Alt-Lana Loter
Main-Always Drunk Slav

"To see a world in a grain of sand, and Heaven in wild flowers.
To hold an infinity in palm of hand and Eternity in an hour”

Finally, I am Crooked Cross! Feel free to send invitations for Salon!
As of June 5th, 1895, I am London's newest Legendary Charisma!

The current progress in Mega Soul Grind: 53727/1 639 121 Souls
0 link
Esperanza
Esperanza

9/9/2016
Kourkoumpina wrote:
How do you send items as gifts??? I mean, I have managed to send some requests to be helped or help against nightmares/suspicion and scandal but I didnt know you can send items.

How exactly do you do that?

As others have mentioned, the Commotion card is the main way to send gifts. There are items, like first city coins, that don't need the card to be sent to others.

--
0 link
Kourkoumpina
Kourkoumpina

9/9/2016
BlabberingMat wrote:
I have one in hand, if anyone needs jewels for cane. Speaking of which, I really like it. It was my main Persuasive weapon for quite a while, and first BDR item I got my hands on.

If you have spare jewels and dont need them then I would love them. I am perhaps too low 'level' to go to the various areas you guys mentioned above and have a hard time collecting the materials.

--
Let justice be done, though heavens should fall.
0 link
Sara Hysaro
Sara Hysaro

9/9/2016
As long as you have Shadowy 10 you should be able to get to the Pickpocket's Promenade through the Alleys of Spite. It might be a bit on the difficult side if you just barely qualify, though, and you need 20 Trophies to get the jewels.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sara%20Hysaro
Please do not send SMEN, cat boxes, or Affluent Reporter requests. All other social actions are welcome.

Are you a Scarlet Saint? Send a message my way to be added to the list.
0 link
BlabberingMat
BlabberingMat

9/9/2016
Kourkoumpina wrote:
BlabberingMat wrote:

If you have spare jewels and dont need them then I would love them. I am perhaps too low 'level' to go to the various areas you guys mentioned above and have a hard time collecting the materials.

I am gonna send you as soon as I get away from Boatman, no worries!

--
Alt-Lana Loter
Main-Always Drunk Slav

"To see a world in a grain of sand, and Heaven in wild flowers.
To hold an infinity in palm of hand and Eternity in an hour”

Finally, I am Crooked Cross! Feel free to send invitations for Salon!
As of June 5th, 1895, I am London's newest Legendary Charisma!

The current progress in Mega Soul Grind: 53727/1 639 121 Souls
+1 link