Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

DESTINY GUIDE (read OP) Messages in this topic - RSS

Jean Rowley
Jean Rowley

8/18/2016
I lucked out and picked a destiny which perfectly fits my character without checking. Gleam is perfect for me.

--
Jean Rowley, a young scholar and only daughter, taking refuge in the Neath.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Jean~Rowley

alt: Isaac Albergower, a private tutor to society families, and confident swordsman http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Isaac~Albergower

Social interactions welcome with both characters, although Jean has enough nightmares for now...
+1 link
phryne
phryne

10/24/2016
No changes for how to get Destinies this Hallowmas - as in recent years, the Visitors lead to their respective Futures:

a) A thud at the window -> An Abyssal Future
unlocks with A Tiny Cave-Fish (which you can buy on that very same opportunity card)

b) A greedy thud at the window -> An Abyssal Future
You can only see this with SMEN and PtPT: The Drownies!
unlocks with 3 Tiny Cave-Fish, SMEN 1 and "Putting the Pieces Together: The Drownies"! You can get the latter from Courier's Work in Spite (5 Fate) or from a rare opportunity card when doing the House on Cubit Square Heist.

c) A furtive knock at the back door -> An Obscure Future
this branch is open for everyone

d) An unmarked black coach -> A Chilly Future

unlocks with A Scholar of the Correspondence 1

e) A metallic rap at the door -> A Silvered Future
unlocks with Embroiled in the Wars of Illusion 2 (start this in the Flit).

f) A sword in the streets -> A Jewelled Future
this branch is open for everyone

g) The Bishop of Southwark -> A Silvered Future
you can only see this with A Brazen Fate - With Cleansing Blade (Fate-locked)

h) A Diabolical Diplomat -> A Silvered Future
you can only see this with A Brazen Fate - An Infernal Agent (Fate-locked)
edited by phryne on 10/28/2016

--
Exceptional Stories, sorted by Season and by writerFavours & Renown Guide
Go play StoryNexus games - while you still can!
+1 link
aegisaglow
aegisaglow

10/24/2016
Do those options have any other effects if you already have a destiny?
0 link
phryne
phryne

10/24/2016
aegisaglow wrote:
Do those options have any other effects if you already have a destiny?
According to the wiki, they only consume your Making Waves!

--
0 link
Tofan Bogdan
Tofan Bogdan

10/24/2016
So how do you get for the first time to set my destiny? Please help, im new, indeph steps. Thanks.

--
My profile http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Tofan%20Bogdan
I would love actions that increases making waves. I mean increases making waves. All other social outside of malus actions.
0 link
Felicity Anne Stratford
Felicity Anne Stratford

10/25/2016
Thanks for doing this! I am very excited to have gotten a destiny today! Reading over it really helped!

--
Looking for a roleplay partner with potential for Simone and maybe for Felicity. All genders considered.

Felicity Anne Stratford is a Correspondent and delighted to visit Orphanages or Salons or be interviewed! Scientific correspondence greatly appreciated. Please no Seeking or Photographer.

Simone Beaufort is a Midnighter and pleased to visit Orphanages or Salons or be interviewed! No Seeking or Photographer.
+2 link
Sir Goomy
Sir Goomy

10/25/2016
Wish this thread existed when I first started playing. Some of these options sound really intriguing. Still though, I'm sticking with my "Memory" till the end.

--
Social actions, invites, roleplaying and general merrymaking is more than welcomed!

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sir~Goo
0 link
Morucant
Morucant

10/26/2016
I got the Abyssal Future on one of my Seekers without putting the pieces together. It seems they've changed it for new Seeking.

--
Morucant, who was once called Scholar of the Name.
Good for Chess, Sparring, Caligula's, and perhaps Midnighter lectures at Orphanages.
Uilx-Magnus, who truly loved...to Hate.
October is as unpredictable as wildfire and twice as dangerous. Don't ask his real name.
He has seen Hallowmas, now he will stay silent no more.
0 link
phryne
phryne

10/26/2016
Morucant wrote:
I got the Abyssal Future on one of my Seekers without putting the pieces together. It seems they've changed it for new Seeking.
Indeed, I have "Visitors at Hallowmas" in my hand right now and the SMEN option "A greedy thud at the window" is no longer there... just the regular "A thud at the window"

--
0 link
dov
dov

10/26/2016
phryne wrote:
Indeed, I have "Visitors at Hallowmas" in my hand right now and the SMEN option "A greedy thud at the window" is no longer there... just the regular "A thud at the window"

I still see both of these options on my card.

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
0 link
SgtTippy
SgtTippy

10/27/2016
Thanks for this guide. I just got access to the Obscure Future branch and I almost selected it without realizing how big a decision it is. I'm fairly new to the game and haven't gotten too deep into the lore, so I don't know what half of these destinies are about. I've never heard of Lorn-Flukes or Fingerkings (I love this game's names). Obscure future seems good, but I'm not sure.Would it be a good fit for a more moral and watchful focused character?

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/SgtSPACESYMBOLTippy
0 link
Grenem
Grenem

10/27/2016
SgtTippy wrote:
Thanks for this guide. I just got access to the Obscure Future branch and I almost selected it without realizing how big a decision it is. I'm fairly new to the game and haven't gotten too deep into the lore, so I don't know what half of these destinies are about. I've never heard of Lorn-Flukes or Fingerkings (I love this game's names). Obscure future seems good, but I'm not sure.Would it be a good fit for a more moral and watchful focused character?

There is a moral choice that boosts watchful, if that's what you mean. there's other choices that boost other stats, though.

--
Married!:http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/takuza
I will accept all social actions that do not consume free evenings- and i will provide patronage to anyone who requests it, though it will be split between all requesters.
On psudeo-hiatus. Will be inactive and active and fluctuate without warning.
Grinding Favors without cards: http://community.failbettergames.com/topic22266-storylet-favors-grinding.aspx
0 link
Teaspoon
Teaspoon

10/27/2016
Morucant wrote:

But - vital question - did you obtain Destin's?

--
Truth lies at the bottom of a well.

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Alt%20Ern
0 link
Mirrorhouse
Mirrorhouse

10/27/2016
I have decided to wait for my youngest alt to fully mature before getting her a destiny. I rushed through getting destinies for all my other accounts a long time ago and regreted doing that. I would now wait till she has all the prerequisites for the rarest destinies to pick one. There's no need to hurry. I'd also appreciate the stories better if I learn more about Fallen London. I've been playing for 3 years I still don't really know who or what the Lorn Flukes are.

--
Here lies Sylvester Stardust Mirrorhouse
May they rest in peace
0 link
phryne
phryne

10/27/2016
Mirrorhouse wrote:
I've been playing for 3 years I still don't really know who or what the Lorn Flukes are.
You can learn a few things about them in Flute Street (Fate-locked), or meet them in Sunless Sea.

--
0 link
dov
dov

10/27/2016
phryne wrote:
dov wrote:
I still see both of these options on my card.
That's weird! I've checked both with my main and an alt - one has SMEN, one doesn't - and both do not see the SMEN option.

Both accounts do have a Destiny. Maybe you can only see it on accounts that haven't?

My character does have a Destiny.

The requirements shown are:

A thud at the window:
1 x Tiny Cave Fish
Nightmares 5
Making Waves 5

A greedy thud at the window:
3 x Tiny Cave Fish
Nightmares 5
Making Waves 5
Seeking Mr Eaten's Name
Putting the Pieces Together: the Drownies

-----
EDIT for correction: the "greedy thud" requires 3 x Tiny Cave Fish, not 1.
edited by dov on 10/27/2016

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+1 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

10/27/2016
phryne wrote:
Mirrorhouse wrote:
I've been playing for 3 years I still don't really know who or what the Lorn Flukes are.
You can learn a few things about them in Flute Street (Fate-locked), or meet them in Sunless Sea.

Flute Street doesn't talk about Lorn-Flukes, only Flukes.

--
Estelle Knoht, a juvenile, unreliable and respectable lady.
I currently do not accept any catbox, cider, suppers, calling cards or proteges.
0 link
phryne
phryne

10/27/2016
Estelle Knoht wrote:
Flute Street doesn't talk about Lorn-Flukes, only Flukes.
True. Though I think they're almost the same, just somewhat smaller?
edited by phryne on 10/27/2016

--
+1 link
Fluby
Fluby

10/28/2016
phryne wrote:
A note to Seekers:

We could use the Destiny branch on Pails of Snow (Lacre) until January 6th in recent years - which means that if you achieve St Cerise's on that day, you can grab St Destin's via Torment Destiny directly afterwards.

After that, however, Destinies won't be a thing until the next FotZ festival in August 2017, meaning the only way to obtain St Destin's candle between January and August will be through the long Notability grind!

Unless, of course, FB change something or everything about this.......
edited by phryne on 10/24/2016

It seems that it is possible for Seekers to select the Torment destiny anytime.

When choosing a Hallowmas visitor, it sets the quality "A Possible Future" to 1-6 excluding 2.
This will unlock an option in your Lodgings called "The Gates of Midnight."

It is the option that leads to selecting the destiny branch linked to the Hallowmas visitor you welcomed. It seems to be only locked by Obscurity 6, which means it won't disappear after Hallowmas. Which means Seekers can select the SMEN branch, "The Taste of Blackest Brine", and restraint from playing this storylet until they achieve St. Cerise.

Not sure if the end of Hallowmas removes "A Possible Future", though.
0 link
Sara Hysaro
Sara Hysaro

10/28/2016
It'll definitely disappear sometime after the Halloween festivities are over. You don't lose your Possible Future quality after getting a Destiny.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sara%20Hysaro
Please do not send SMEN, cat boxes, or Affluent Reporter requests. All other social actions are welcome.

Are you a Scarlet Saint? Send a message my way to be added to the list.
0 link