Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Election

A place for in-game political discussion.

All our Electorates are terrible people. Messages in this topic - RSS

Kylestien
Kylestien

7/11/2016
With the most recent secrets revealed, I can safely say that all three of our candidates have lost any respect I may have had for any of them.

[spoiler]Jenny is even more clearly faking it and in for the secrets, The Bishop plans to publish a list of all the souless in the city, which just ain't cool, and Feburary's pretty much taken over the Contrarian's Campaign. [/spoiler]

...Can I have a "**** the election" button please? Or vote the Northbound parlimentarian in or something?
edited by Kylestien on 7/11/2016

--
I will accept all actions, though I hold the right to refuse for my own reasons. However, if you explain WHY you send me a harmful action like Loitering or Dantes,And I feel the reason good, I will consider it more. http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Kylestien

Persuasive patron. You want a lesson, send me a message asking for one.
+9 link
Kylestien
Kylestien

7/11/2016
Professor Sketch wrote:
Wonderful! I hope we do get more dreadful candidates next year, though. At least one serial killer, please.
Without dreadfulness, it's just politics.

#VoteJack2017

--
I will accept all actions, though I hold the right to refuse for my own reasons. However, if you explain WHY you send me a harmful action like Loitering or Dantes,And I feel the reason good, I will consider it more. http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Kylestien

+18 link
Diptych
Diptych
Administrator

7/11/2016
No, it's the candidates who are terrible people. Electorates are geopolitical areas containing a certain number of eligible electors... who are, themselves, terrible people.

Well, consider this a reason to Vote Doctor Taupe-Wainscot, Election 1895: "I've You've Never Done Anything, You've Never Done Anything Wrong!"

--
Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
+14 link
Kukapetal
Kukapetal

7/11/2016
Plus the Bishop is apparently stealing poetry. BAD poetry XD

But anyway, right from the beginning it was three horribly unsuited candidates campaigning for a position of no importance, which is why I decided early on that my character was voting for Sinning Jenny purely out of spite :P
+3 link
BillyBones
BillyBones

7/11/2016
Kylestien wrote:

#VoteJack2017

I'd elect him. He'd be a pretty killer mayor.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/BillyBones

I'll accept any social actions, but especially chess.
+21 link
The Masked Felon
The Masked Felon

7/11/2016
I do hope The Topsy King runs for mayor next year. He is a most eloquent goden.
+27 link
Beau Mercy
Beau Mercy

7/11/2016
We have a bishop running against a prostitute on a browser game. It doesn't take a psychic to see who the runaway winner will be in a race like that.

--
Monster Hunter Beau Mercy, Friend of the Church, A Blood-Cousin to Predators, Straw-haired Tomcat
+6 link
Diptych
Diptych
Administrator

7/11/2016
The Masked Felon wrote:
I do hope The Topsy King runs for mayor next year. He is a most eloquent goden.

...yeah, I'd vote for him.

--
Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
+11 link
Kylestien
Kylestien

7/11/2016
BillyBones wrote:
Kylestien wrote:

#VoteJack2017

I'd elect him. He'd be a pretty killer mayor.

First act as mayor: Enacts Opposite Purge Act: On one day, crime is illegal, otherwise go nuts.

--

+5 link
Kukapetal
Kukapetal

7/11/2016
He'd definitely lose the Constable vote...

EDIT: Jack, I mean :P
edited by Kukapetal on 7/11/2016
0 link
Kaigen
Kaigen

7/11/2016
So is Jenny using the election to garner more secrets, or is it just a front to allow her to liquidate her secrets without anyone noticing?

--
Just a simple doctor with a chess habit. Publisher of The Flit Dispatch.

"One must remember that the impossible is, alas, always possible."
-Jacques Derrida
0 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

7/11/2016
I'd like to see the Implacable Detective run for Mayor next year. There's a woman who would run London with the iron fist it deserves!

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
+8 link
Mordaine Barimen
Mordaine Barimen

7/11/2016
Kaigen, it seems to me that it's solidifying her future power base and also providing material to the anti-Vake battlenuns for future use.

--
I'm sorry, but due to policy clarifications, I will no longer be giving detailed mechanics advice on the forums.

If you still need help, try the IRC channel.
+3 link
Bertrand Leonidas Poole
Bertrand Leonidas Poole

7/11/2016
Reginald is the least terrible of them, though.
+2 link
ganoidyn
ganoidyn

7/11/2016
"all our candidates are terrible people" sounds like the Tory leadership race after Brexit

okay I'll show myself and my Unfallen London politics out the door now

--
Sergeant Ganoidyn, a person of uncertain gender and uninhibited desires. Where came she (he?) by those diamonds? What manner of company does he (she?) keep?
---
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Ganoidyn

(feel free to add me for chess, coffee, sparring or loitering, as well as menace reduction - I'll help where I can. Will respond in kind to surprise packages and offers to take care of wounds. currently and for the foreseeable future an Author.)
+10 link
Passionario
Passionario

7/11/2016
Kylestien wrote:
With the most recent secrets revealed, I can safely say that all three of our candidates have lost any respect I may have had for any of them.

Given the gameplay mechanics, any mayoral candidate has to have multiple dirty secrets to be eligible. Hustings are no place for saints.

--
Passionario: Profile, Story, Ending
Passion: Profile, Appearance
+7 link
Fadewalker
Fadewalker

7/11/2016
"All Our Electorates Are Terrible People." Maybe that is why our dear Masters allow us to choose a mayor.
And all candidates should look awful in an Neathy Running for Governor, I suppose.

--
A fervent supporter of the Council and the Masters.
+8 link
Amelia Syrus
Amelia Syrus

7/11/2016
Story wise, it actually makes this election really interesting. Regardless of who wins the race, we're guaranteed more information about the candidate and possibly more stories focused on their secrets or affects. We may have a story focused on the Bishop and his anti-hell campaign, we could see more stories focused on the Revolutionaries with the Contrarian, or we could have stories on Jenny and her ninja nuns. All the candidates aren't saints but it could mean more exploration of the world and I'm all for that.

Also I say Jack, Topsy King, and Feducci for candidates next year just to spice things up.

--
Amelia Syrus: A Drunken Thief For Hire.
+12 link
Mr Sables
Mr Sables

7/11/2016
Amelia Syrus wrote:
Also I say Jack, Topsy King, and Feducci for candidates next year just to spice things up.

That would be pretty interesting, actually . . .

. . . is it weird I want the Firebrand as a candidate, though? We have some companions that would be fascinating to see expanded, such as Lettice, the Affable Spy, and the Talkative Rat . . . well, maybe not the rat . . . rats probably vote en masse, so his opponents wouldn't stand a chance. Well, it won't be long before we have a post asking for potential candidates, then five polls to discern which three it should be, at least it this year's forum activity stands as a precedent XD
+5 link
Amelia Syrus
Amelia Syrus

7/11/2016
To be fair, there's a lot of potential candidates for next year. Or really a lot of characters that deserve some exploration of their stories. The three candidates for this year are getting just that and it's nice to see all three are getting more exposure too. Even if all three are terrible in their own ways.

--
Amelia Syrus: A Drunken Thief For Hire.
+4 link
1234 ..6