Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Enlist other Players: the Singing Mandrake

Here you can find help from other players. Find a chess partner, someone to listen to your nightmares, or a clique.

Heading North - Everything Must Go Messages in this topic - RSS

Mr. Mercutio
Mr. Mercutio

7/9/2016
Delicious friends, my friend Galatea is close to achieving her goal, foolish and terrible though it is. She is a cruel and capricious woman, and I do not understand her desire to destroy herself by going North, but I cannot stop her. I have pleaded with her to see reason, but all I have accomplished is influencing her to write the following letter, which she has asked me to share.

Darlings, I am moving beyond you all. This city never truly appreciated me, but then, when has it ever really appreciated anything? Mercutio tells me I am a fool, but all of you who think the Bazaar might yield your heart’s desire – you are the fools. The heart is destiny’s engine, and I am seizing it with both hands and taking what’s mine. No more broken promises, no more undelivered messages, no more, no more. At long last, I will know, I will see, and I will burn forever, bright and shining and done with you all.

But never let it be said that I am ungracious or without pity. Not Galatea LaChance. Let the end come in style, I say.
I have packed what few things I intend to take with me, and rest… is just fodder. It’s all yours. First come, first served! I am bundling all I have left into whatever boxes and bags lie about the place, and you can take them and claim whatever’s inside.

And for one lucky idiot, I am leaving a certain calling card. May you choke on it.

Bon chance, bon soir, my friends. The reckoning has been postponed far too long. I intend to open the door and welcome it in, gracious hostess to the last.

~ Galatea

So there you have it. I’ve looked through her home, and calculated that there will be 15 gift-boxes available when she’s done. She'll likely be heading North this evening, so it's first come first served.

Reply to this post if you want a gift package sent your way -- I'll be using up the remaining Fate on my alt's account to send out unexpected packages. I've already posted this on Tumblr as well, so the first 15 to ask between the forums and Tumblr will get them.
edited by mr_mercutio on 7/9/2016

--
Mr. Mercutio
Immortal. Rich. Only moderately insane.

Want a taste of immortality? Reach out to me in-game to ask for a sip of Hesperidean Cider. Please follow Ocelot's guide to asking here.

New to our dark city? Send me a message in-game and I will respond when I can with a welcome gift!

I welcome most social actions, so feel free to send them to me. Just please don't ask me to Loiter Suspiciously or to help with the Affluent Photographer. I have disavowed all knowledge of her.

Galatea LaChance
She has gone North, and none shall know what she found there.
+4 link
malthaussen
malthaussen

7/9/2016
So, if we look for her tomorrow, we will find her a grave woman?

-- Mal

--
"Of two choices, I always take the third."
Will do all socials except Loitering or Private Evenings (all my Free Evenings are accounted for), and Affluent Photographer Betrayals only, please. I am not currently accepting calling cards.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/malthaussen
+1 link
Kylestien
Kylestien

7/9/2016
I would gladly take a box. But please do not send the card. I have no desire to go on that fool's errand though my significant other does. DX

--
I will accept all actions, though I hold the right to refuse for my own reasons. However, if you explain WHY you send me a harmful action like Loitering or Dantes,And I feel the reason good, I will consider it more. http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Kylestien

Persuasive patron. You want a lesson, send me a message asking for one.
0 link
genesis
genesis

7/9/2016
Ooh! I would certainly appreciate a box

The ranks of the Northridden swell!

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/mikey_thinkin

Keeping track of incomplete content and loose ends in Fallen London
0 link
Barse
Barse

7/9/2016
If boxes are on offer, Barselaar would surely appreciate one! I need all the help I can get to recover from my own journey NORTH, which I barely survived.

--
The Scorched Sailor, up for most social actions and RP. Not as scary as he looks.
+2 link
Aster Chroniztikcorp
Aster Chroniztikcorp

7/9/2016
Dok Scorp would appreciate a gift box. Those who have the conviction to seek the North have my support.

--
Happy to accept anything, realy.
http://www.fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Aster%20Chroniztik
0 link
Vavakx Nonexus
Vavakx Nonexus

7/9/2016
A box, you say? I will take any box you need to not have with you, and for free as well!

--
Amets Estibariz, the Moulting Eidolon: Cradled by a sun all their own.

Blabbing, the Hobo Everyone Knows: The One Who Pulls The Strings. A Clarity In The Darkness.

Charlotte and the Caretaker: A family?
0 link
Parelle
Parelle

7/9/2016
I will accept a box. I have no need for a card (I'm not even sure one could be sent?)

--
Parelle, Lady Joseph Marlen. The Singular Librarian. A Midnighter, a Player of the Marvelous.
pages from a dusty bookshop: a badly updated FL changelog | Useful Guidance and Explanations
+1 link
Blaine Davidson
Blaine Davidson

7/9/2016
Never hurts to have another box.

--
Blaine Davidson, a reserved and sensible woman with a fondness of collecting rarities.
0 link
Màiread
Màiread

7/9/2016
I'd love a box if there's still one free!

And bon voyage to your friend.

--
Màiread - Correspondent, composer, lover of cats. Can probably bake you a d__n fine cake.

Useful Links: Traveller's Friend (Progress Tracker & Notability Calculator) | phryne's Guide to Favours & Renown |

Peggy the Nowoman lived to see the Feast. Thank you for the memories, Snow Lady.

I'm happy to accept most social actions except for lethal sparring and loitering suspiciously. Please challenge my plant! Currently not accepting calling cards.
0 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

7/9/2016
Mr. Mercutio wrote:
Delicious friends, my friend Galatea is close to achieving her goal, foolish and terrible though it is. She is a cruel and capricious woman, and I do not understand her desire to destroy herself by going North, but I cannot stop her. I have pleaded with her to see reason, but all I have accomplished is influencing her to write the following letter, which she has asked me to share.

Darlings, I am moving beyond you all. This city never truly appreciated me, but then, when has it ever really appreciated anything? Mercutio tells me I am a fool, but all of you who think the Bazaar might yield your heart’s desire – you are the fools. The heart is destiny’s engine, and I am seizing it with both hands and taking what’s mine. No more broken promises, no more undelivered messages, no more, no more. At long last, I will know, I will see, and I will burn forever, bright and shining and done with you all.

But never let it be said that I am ungracious or without pity. Not Galatea LaChance. Let the end come in style, I say.
I have packed what few things I intend to take with me, and rest… is just fodder. It’s all yours. First come, first served! I am bundling all I have left into whatever boxes and bags lie about the place, and you can take them and claim whatever’s inside.

And for one lucky idiot, I am leaving a certain calling card. May you choke on it.

Bon chance, bon soir, my friends. The reckoning has been postponed far too long. I intend to open the door and welcome it in, gracious hostess to the last.

~ Galatea

So there you have it. I’ve looked through her home, and calculated that there will be 15 gift-boxes available when she’s done. She'll likely be heading North this evening, so it's first come first served.

Reply to this post if you want a gift package sent your way -- I'll be using up the remaining Fate on my alt's account to send out unexpected packages. I've already posted this on Tumblr as well, so the first 15 to ask between the forums and Tumblr will get them.

I would be interested in a gift package. If I've asked too late, very well. If not, thank you for your generosity! Best of luck with Galatea's ...voyage.

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
+1 link
absimiliard
absimiliard

7/9/2016
I do not need a box, though you are most kind to have her offer.

If it is possible to send a certain calling card to one who is not currently Seeking I would dearly love it; for when I do Seek. If an actual Seeker asks, or it is impossible, then I shall obtain my own in time.

But my character has a deep connection to the myth of Galatea, and it would mean much to my Abs if the person who brought them to Seek in the end by sending them a certain calling card was named Galatea.

Ever forward Galatea -- flank speed, and damn the torpedoes.

--
"Because, Parabola!" -- the Curious Captain
Eating nightmares from friends -- and I'm easy to befriend.
Absimiliard: the Black Rose of Wolfstack Docks
+1 link
Vavakx Nonexus
Vavakx Nonexus

7/9/2016
absimiliard wrote:
I do not need a box, though you are most kind to have her offer.

If it is possible to send a certain calling card to one who is not currently Seeking I would dearly love it; for when I do Seek. If an actual Seeker asks, or it is impossible, then I shall obtain my own in time.

But my character has a deep connection to the myth of Galatea, and it would mean much to my Abs if the person who brought them to Seek in the end by sending them a certain calling card was named Galatea.

Ever forward Galatea -- flank speed, and damn the torpedoes.

I have heard that 7 in the stat of progress is required to accept this card, so that's not happening anytime soon.

--
Amets Estibariz, the Moulting Eidolon: Cradled by a sun all their own.

Blabbing, the Hobo Everyone Knows: The One Who Pulls The Strings. A Clarity In The Darkness.

Charlotte and the Caretaker: A family?
0 link
Grenem
Grenem

7/9/2016
I would love a box, if you have any to spare.

--
Married!:http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/takuza
I will accept all social actions that do not consume free evenings- and i will provide patronage to anyone who requests it, though it will be split between all requesters.
On psudeo-hiatus. Will be inactive and active and fluctuate without warning.
Grinding Favors without cards: http://community.failbettergames.com/topic22266-storylet-favors-grinding.aspx
0 link
fitz
fitz

7/9/2016
I hope you find what you seek.

--
Ô fitzGwahir
0 link
Hark DeGaul
Hark DeGaul

7/9/2016
A box would be excellent if you have one left. I hope you find answers, if not fulfillment.

--
The Dawn-Eyed Optician: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Hark%20DeGaul

That Vicar Who Ruined the Royal Wedding for Everyone (including himself): http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Hebediah%20Fix

The Dreaded Relative: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Your%20Aunt
0 link
absimiliard
absimiliard

7/9/2016
Vavakx Nonexus wrote:
I have heard that 7 in the stat of progress is required to accept this card, so that's not happening anytime soon.

Probably for the best then.

Many people will be happy I can not accept such a thing now.

--
"Because, Parabola!" -- the Curious Captain
Eating nightmares from friends -- and I'm easy to befriend.
Absimiliard: the Black Rose of Wolfstack Docks
+2 link
malthaussen
malthaussen

7/9/2016
@absimiliard: you could get 7 points in SMEN without hurting your character too much (might need one Weeping Scar, not sure). Then you could rest with the card until you're ready to Seek in earnest. It takes one card out of play, but since there are now multiple examples in circulation, that's not causing any injury to other players.

-- Mal

--
"Of two choices, I always take the third."
Will do all socials except Loitering or Private Evenings (all my Free Evenings are accounted for), and Affluent Photographer Betrayals only, please. I am not currently accepting calling cards.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/malthaussen
0 link
phryne
phryne

7/9/2016
If I counted correctly, I'd be Box #13? wink

--
Accounts: Bag a LegendLight FingersHeart's DesireNemesisno ambition
Exceptional Stories, sorted chronologically and by writerFavours & Renown Guide
0 link
Sir Joseph Marlen
Sir Joseph Marlen

7/9/2016
I'd appreciate a box, no doubt, but if it's a card you're offering...well, I'd be more than happy to relieve the good Lady of her burden.

Going off phryne's counting (assuming I get a delivery in the first place), I'd be delivery #14 correct?
edited by Sir Joseph Marlen on 7/9/2016

--
Sir Joseph Marlen - The Romantic Sophist
Alexus Harven - The Defiant Fatalist
Rose Reinhelm - The Respectful Revolutionary
Cappuccino - The Perfidious Spycraft

Available for any and all social actions.
+1 link