Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Election

A place for in-game political discussion.

Election 1894 Messages in this topic - RSS

Absintheuse
Absintheuse

6/17/2016
The year is 1894, and London is to have a Mayor! Election is the first new festival since 2014 when we began the Fruits of the Zee Festival.

The Election is free and is open to all players. It will begin Monday 4th July. Players will have two delicious weeks to bolster support for their chosen candidate through a variety of actions. At the end of the first week of Election, we will announce which candidate is ahead. The final day of Election will be Monday 18th July.

Join the revelry through the "An Election! London Must Decide!" card once the festival begins. The three candidates up for the 1894 Election are:
  • Sinning Jenny
  • The Bishop of Southwark
  • and The Jovial Contrarian
The elected Mayor will reign for one year, after which another election will be held. The winning candidate will have a Mayoral influence in your Opportunity Deck until next year's election, so consider who you support carefully. After the festival, there will be an opportunity to suggest candidates you'd like to see take up a Mayoral campaign next year.

No Election is complete without fliers, political cartoons, and other such materials. We invite you all to create and share your own! We cannot wait to see who you will choose, delicious friends.
edited by Absintheuse on 6/17/2016
edited by Absintheuse on 6/17/2016
+27 link
Kade Carrion (an_ocelot)
Kade Carrion (an_ocelot)

6/17/2016
This is DELIGHTFUL. I'm so excited!

--
Social Actions: send them to Kade Carrion (she/her; no Tournament of Lilies, please). an_ocelot has gone NORTH and cannot benefit from social actions!

Possibly-Useful Things: Spreadsheets and hints and link collections, oh my.
+2 link
An Individual
An Individual

6/17/2016
Will there be content to introduce players to characters they haven't met yet/have forgotten? Newer players in particular may not even have heard of these people.

--
An Individual's Profile
The RNG giveth and the RNG taketh away.
Goat Farming or Cider Brewing? This browser extension may help.
Want a Cider sip? Please refer to this guide before requesting.
Scholaring the Correspondence? A Brief Guide to Courier's Footprint.
Contemplating Oblivion? First Steps on the Seeking Road.
Gone NORTH? Opened the gate? Throw your character in a well.
+2 link
Grenem
Grenem

6/17/2016
An Individual wrote:
Will there be content to introduce players to characters they haven't met yet/have forgotten? Newer players in particular may not even have heard of these people.

And on the same note, older players might be unable to remember the last time they interacted with someone- Jenny, for instance, i last talked with really early game about the secular missionary's husband.

--
Married!:http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/takuza
I will accept all social actions that do not consume free evenings- and i will provide patronage to anyone who requests it, though it will be split between all requesters.
On psudeo-hiatus. Will be inactive and active and fluctuate without warning.
Grinding Favors without cards: http://community.failbettergames.com/topic22266-storylet-favors-grinding.aspx
+2 link
Parelle
Parelle

6/17/2016
Right: I can't remember where I encountered Sinning Jenny as I know I've missed her two big appearances
[spoiler]The Vake and one of the EF stories[/spoiler]

The Bishop is found in Coil 4, the Contrarian appears at the POSI only dinner party.

--
Parelle, Lady Joseph Marlen. The Singular Librarian. A Midnighter, a Player of the Marvelous.
pages from a dusty bookshop: a badly updated FL changelog | Useful Guidance and Explanations
0 link
Chris Gardiner
Chris Gardiner
Administrator

6/17/2016
An Individual wrote:

There will!
+4 link
Grenem
Grenem

6/17/2016
Parelle wrote:
Right: I can't remember where I encountered Sinning Jenny as I know I've missed her two big appearances
[spoiler]The Vake and one of the EF stories[/spoiler]

The Bishop is found in Coil 4, the Contrarian appears at the POSI only dinner party.

Also, though less recently, during the storyline about the photographer. You know, the one everyone does twice and then avoids like the plague.

--
Married!:http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/takuza
I will accept all social actions that do not consume free evenings- and i will provide patronage to anyone who requests it, though it will be split between all requesters.
On psudeo-hiatus. Will be inactive and active and fluctuate without warning.
Grinding Favors without cards: http://community.failbettergames.com/topic22266-storylet-favors-grinding.aspx
+1 link
phryne
phryne

6/17/2016
Parelle wrote:
I'm not on Bag A Legend myself, but I've found an echo of her big appearance there.

The other one was in The Waltz That Moved The World, but she didn't really talk much about herself there.

--
Ambition summaries project (work in progress)
Exceptional Stories, sorted by Season and by writerFavours & Renown GuideDestiny Guide
Go play StoryNexus games - while you still can!
+1 link
Gonen
Gonen

6/17/2016
FBG, It's super to see you having new ideas to implement instead changing a little of existing content. Can't wait for the new tradition!

--
The Ashen Anesthesiologist - Paramount Londoner

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness.

The long journey to eccentricity:
On March 10th, 2018, reached 15 on all quirks, simultaneously. The Quirky Anesthesiologist
+3 link
lady ciel
lady ciel

6/17/2016
Looking forward to this - I still haven't decided but it is between two of the candidates.

[spoiler] As a Vake Hunter I have a soft spot for Sinning Jenny but I also enjoy speaking to the Jovial Contrarian when I meet him. Definitely not the Bishop ... I already refused his plan to invade Hell so it would not be right to back him now. [/spoiler]

--
ciel

Sorry RL means I am not a very active player at the moment. No social actions unless you are prepared to wait and definitely no sparring or other mult-action things.

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

storynexus name - reveurciel
+4 link
Danko
Danko

6/17/2016
I have to say I'm somewhat dissapointed at the list of candidates as all three of them (maybe except the Bishop) are really minor and not too interesting characters. Surely there are many delicious persons more deserving of the title.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Danko
-4 link
Kade Carrion (an_ocelot)
Kade Carrion (an_ocelot)

6/17/2016
Danko, I actually like expanding minor characters and giving them a chance to shine, especially such intriguing ones!

--
Social Actions: send them to Kade Carrion (she/her; no Tournament of Lilies, please). an_ocelot has gone NORTH and cannot benefit from social actions!

Possibly-Useful Things: Spreadsheets and hints and link collections, oh my.
+8 link
An Individual
An Individual

6/17/2016
Chris Gardiner wrote:
An Individual wrote:

There will!

Hurray! I'm excited to see how this plays out. And I already know who should be on next years ballot.

Vote for The Vake! Vake, the Hunter. Vake, the Betrayer. Vake, the builder of municipal infrastructure!

--
An Individual's Profile
The RNG giveth and the RNG taketh away.
Goat Farming or Cider Brewing? This browser extension may help.
Want a Cider sip? Please refer to this guide before requesting.
Scholaring the Correspondence? A Brief Guide to Courier's Footprint.
Contemplating Oblivion? First Steps on the Seeking Road.
Gone NORTH? Opened the gate? Throw your character in a well.
+3 link
absimiliard
absimiliard

6/17/2016
Danko wrote:
I have to say I'm somewhat dissapointed at the list of candidates as all three of them (maybe except the Bishop) are really minor and not too interesting characters. Surely there are many delicious persons more deserving of the title.

The more notable personages have more important things to worry about than who get the title "Mayor of London". That'd be my guess as to why they don't get involved.

--
"Because, Parabola!" -- the Curious Captain
Eating nightmares from friends -- and I'm easy to befriend.
Absimiliard: the Black Rose of Wolfstack Docks
+3 link
Professor Strix
Professor Strix

6/17/2016
Guys, they are opening the suggestion box for the next election. Let's have fun with the things we already have, shall we?

Absintheuse wrote:
The elected Mayor will reign for one year, after which another election will be held. The winning candidate will have a Mayoral influence in your Opportunity Deck until next year's election, so consider who you support carefully.

...Oh dear.

--
The Inescapable Professor, London's Most Academic Detective. Open to consultation from Mondays to Fridays, above the Silver Binding bookshop, Veilgarden. Half the payment in advance, half after closing the case. No refunds.

"THIS SATURDAY, in MAHOGANY HALL, delight your eyes with the DARING FEATS of the DAPPER ESCAPIST. Gape at his CHARM and WIT and his CLEVER TRICKS OF ILLUSIONISM. No mirrors used."
---------
Social actions welcomed. Will take menaces if not currently grinding that one stat. Send them and cross your fingers.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Professor%20Strix
My alt loiters suspiciously if you want to:
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Derek%20Davis
+3 link
Màiread
Màiread

6/17/2016
I am so excited! At last, an opportunity to dust off my campaigning outfit and nail my colours to the mast, as it were.

I know who I'm voting for (Jenny, obviously), but I'm looking forward to seeing a bit more flesh stuck on the bones of some of the smaller characters. I've met a lot of people down here I'd like to know more about, so I think this particular festival will be one of my favourites in the years to come.

Ten points to the first person to whip up a correspondence cartoon.

--
Màiread - Correspondent, composer, lover of cats. Can probably bake you a d__n fine cake.

Useful Links: Traveller's Friend (Progress Tracker & Notability Calculator) | phryne's Guide to Favours & Renown |

Peggy the Nowoman lived to see the Feast. Thank you for the memories, Snow Lady.

I'm happy to accept most social actions except for lethal sparring and loitering suspiciously. Please challenge my plant! Currently not accepting calling cards.
+1 link
The Master
The Master

6/17/2016
I wonder if they currently have any idea on what to change when someone becomes a major. I hope it's more than just a new option on a card, a new card for this is probably the thing that will happen, but I guess we will just have to wait.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Lolwolfking
A very ruthless and daring doctor of the neath.

No more gift exchanges, im getting too many and I can barely hold these.
He has knowledge of a certain enigma, ask, you will get a clue.
0 link
NiteBrite
NiteBrite

6/17/2016
Grace the Mercy for Mayor 1895, let's build a highway to hell and give it no speed limit. Nyoooom!

--
I AM currently accepting calling cards.
Stats loss counter: reset, irrigo equivalent: none
[00:34] <@ortab> NiteBrite's laugh is that of a condemned soul gazing into the abyss.
Merciless Modiste avatar by Paul Arendt (based on an original image by Joe England)
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/TheBriteModiste
+9 link
Harlocke
Harlocke

6/17/2016
An Individual wrote:

I would love the option to replay some of the early storylets from my pre-POSI days like the Clay Comtessa, Wilting Dandy, Blind Pianist, etc. I've forgotten a lot of those early stories almost entirely, and it would be nice to do them again without needing to start a brand new character just for that. I don't even remember if/when I encountered Sinny Jenny other than during the Feast of the Exceptional Rose.

--
I welcome social actions, and can visit your salon as an author.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Harlocke
0 link
ArtificerProdigy
ArtificerProdigy

6/17/2016
I have to disagree with the sentiment that the contrarian is uninteresting. Maybe it's just because I can be a jovial contrarian irl, and therefore empathize with him, but I found him quite memorable. I may support him despite his revolutionary tendencies simply because he seems like a reasonable and logical character. It'll depend on how radical the platform he puts forward is. The bishop, while entertaining, is crazy, and I have no idea what sinning jennys agenda is.

--
Social actions welcome, excepting photographers and loitering.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/ArtificerProdigy
+7 link