Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Election

A place for in-game political discussion.

Election Candidate: The Jovial Contrarian Messages in this topic - RSS

Bertrand Leonidas Poole
Bertrand Leonidas Poole

6/16/2016
Professor Sketch wrote:
But he has no colors in his poster. You can't trust a man who doesn't put colors into his poster. How is he ever supposed to keep the color of London alive? Also, no facial hair. I can't tell him and Jenny apart if one of them doesn't get facial hair.

Once again, Sketch speaks about the issues important to the common man/woman/other: Graphic Design.
+15 link
Gonen
Gonen

6/16/2016
Master yourself.
Brilliant slogan!

--
The Ashen Anesthesiologist - Paramount Londoner

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness.

The long journey to eccentricity:
On March 10th, 2018, reached 15 on all quirks, simultaneously. The Quirky Anesthesiologist
+2 link
Sir Joseph Marlen
Sir Joseph Marlen

6/16/2016
Professor Sketch wrote:
Dom Scorp wrote:
Professor Sketch wrote:
But he has no colors in his poster. You can't trust a man who doesn't put colors into his poster. How is he ever supposed to keep the color of London alive? Also, no facial hair. I can't tell him and Jenny apart if one of them doesn't get facial hair.

I take it that the lack of colours represents his moral ambiguity, and the grey morality of the Revolutionaries.

Moral ambiguity is nice and all, but what about prettiness? Didn't they ever make him color his pictures in grade school?

Probably not. He'd just keep debating with the teachers which colors would look best without actually coloring anything.

--
Sir Joseph Marlen - The Romantic Sophist
Alexus Harven - The Defiant Fatalist
Rose Reinhelm - The Respectful Revolutionary
Cappuccino - The Perfidious Spycraft

Available for any and all social actions.
+5 link
Nigel Overstreet
Nigel Overstreet

6/16/2016
Absintheuse wrote:
‘At last, the chance to prove we are capable of self-governance is in our grasp.’
This seems both fair and democratic. And I will have no part in it!

--
The Romantic Egotist: Most Hedonistic Man in All of Fallen London
Are you or someone you know Overgoated? Please, let me know!

Cider Club
+7 link
Koh Kai Ying
Koh Kai Ying

6/16/2016
Bertrand Leonidas Poole wrote:
Professor Sketch wrote:

Once again, Sketch speaks about the issues important to the common man/woman/other: Graphic Design.

Southwark's facial hair isn't very good looking. We need a better beard.

--
Illyria K is your friend!!

More active nowadays. Eager for any social actions including Loitering!
0 link
Beau Mercy
Beau Mercy

6/16/2016
Revolutionaries are all the same—they spout slogans about freedom, but freedom to what? To be overrun by the forces of Hell? Vote for the Bishop!

--
Monster Hunter Beau Mercy, Friend of the Church, A Blood-Cousin to Predators, Straw-haired Tomcat
0 link
The Master
The Master

6/16/2016
Beau Mercy wrote:
Revolutionaries are all the same—they spout slogans about freedom, but freedom to what? To be overrun by the forces of Hell? Vote for the Bishop!

I think the chances that Hell will attack us are much higher if someone invades them first.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Lolwolfking
A very ruthless and daring doctor of the neath.

No more gift exchanges, im getting too many and I can barely hold these.
He has knowledge of a certain enigma, ask, you will get a clue.
+3 link
Professor Strix
Professor Strix

6/16/2016
I kinda want to vote on him just because he is the candidate no one will pick, and I think this is quite the point.

He might not be the best choice of mayor, but he surely will be the funniest. He is my favourite guest in the party, if only because he is sports when he looses arguments and he (almost, if you are successful) kills a man just by being annoying. It takes serious skills to kill people with debating hard.

--
The Inescapable Professor, London's Most Academic Detective. Open to consultation from Mondays to Fridays, above the Silver Binding bookshop, Veilgarden. Half the payment in advance, half after closing the case. No refunds.

"THIS SATURDAY, in MAHOGANY HALL, delight your eyes with the DARING FEATS of the DAPPER ESCAPIST. Gape at his CHARM and WIT and his CLEVER TRICKS OF ILLUSIONISM. No mirrors used."
---------
Social actions welcomed. Will take menaces if not currently grinding that one stat. Send them and cross your fingers.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Professor%20Strix
My alt loiters suspiciously if you want to:
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Derek%20Davis
+9 link
Beau Mercy
Beau Mercy

6/16/2016
The Master wrote:
I think the chances that Hell will attack us are much higher if someone invades them first.

Is it not the case that Hell has already invaded? A fortnight ago I interrupted a devilless attempting to trick a poor orphan into giving up his immortal soul! What will those Revolutionaries do about that?
edited by Beau Mercy on 6/16/2016

--
Monster Hunter Beau Mercy, Friend of the Church, A Blood-Cousin to Predators, Straw-haired Tomcat
0 link
John Moose
John Moose

6/16/2016
How irritating that Failbetter would give us a candidate that actually seems like he'd be good at the job. Now I'm forced to decide between voting for someone that seems to be the best candidate for the job and someone whose campaign platform is essentially "Let's supplex Satan."
+8 link
The Master
The Master

6/16/2016
Beau Mercy wrote:
The Master wrote:

Is it not the case that Hell has already invaded? A fortnight ago I interrupted a devilless attempting to trick a poor orphan into giving up his immortal soul! What will those Revolutionaries do about that?
edited by Beau Mercy on 6/16/2016

I don't think you understand what the devils will be able to do when we do invade, it will be more than just tricking people into selling them their souls im afraid.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Lolwolfking
A very ruthless and daring doctor of the neath.

No more gift exchanges, im getting too many and I can barely hold these.
He has knowledge of a certain enigma, ask, you will get a clue.
+1 link
Anne Auclair
Anne Auclair

6/17/2016
The Master wrote:
Well, I guess this is the one im voting for, I don't think I know enough about sinning Jenny to really vote for her, and while I do hate Veils with all my heart, most vake hunters are fools, and they WILL die, and I also don't want a time machine that will bring us back to a war that we can't win.

Winnable or not, the war will come.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Anne%20Auclair
0 link
knguy
knguy

6/17/2016
I bet the Contrarian would be real fun at the University. If he hasn't been kicked out already. But if that's the case he can just use those mayoral powers to continue infuriating the academics once again.

--
"Knguy" - a rich, well connected, and steadfast gentleman. Terribly indulgent. Cunningly charming. Prone to zeezickness.

"No CP waste."
Have mysteries or need to gain second chances? Send me requests! High Shadowy/Persuasive. (yes, I loiter)
Nightmares/Suspicion woes? Stop hesitating! Let me know and I'll take care of those issues!

I am a Crooked-Cross! Invite me to your Salon.
Convenient wikia link
+3 link
Anne Auclair
Anne Auclair

6/17/2016
I'm surprised that some of you don't remember the Contrarian. He's one of my favorite characters!

Jovial Contrarian wrote:
'Common sense, Madam, is what tells you the world is flat!'

LOL

--
+3 link
Anne Auclair
Anne Auclair

6/17/2016
The Contrarian also has a cameo in Sunless Sea. He goes shopping at the Roser's Market for longboxes and gets into an extended argument with you concerning your boxes quality, before happily paying the full price. He loves arguing for its own sake. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why he's running, to have lots and lots of arguments. Maybe this is a clever stratagem to hide his true motivations. Maybe this is just how he is. Maybe we'll find out.

--
0 link
Kylestien
Kylestien

6/17/2016
Anne Auclair wrote:
The Contrarian also has a cameo in Sunless Sea. He goes shopping at the Roser's Market for longboxes and gets into an extended argument with you concerning your boxes quality, before happily paying the full price. He loves arguing for its own sake. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why he's running, to have lots and lots of arguments. Maybe this is a clever stratagem to hide his true motivations. Maybe this is just how he is. Maybe we'll find out.

Turns out all this time it was a act for his plan to bring Eaten back from the dead.

--
I will accept all actions, though I hold the right to refuse for my own reasons. However, if you explain WHY you send me a harmful action like Loitering or Dantes,And I feel the reason good, I will consider it more. http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Kylestien

Persuasive patron. You want a lesson, send me a message asking for one.
+2 link
Victoria Astra Ludlow
Victoria Astra Ludlow

6/17/2016
John Moose wrote:
Now I'm forced to decide between voting for someone that seems to be the best candidate for the job and someone whose campaign platform is essentially "Let's supplex Satan."

This! Now I have to decide which is stronger: my hatred for hell or my commitment to the cause. The Neath - dilemma after dilemma after dilemma...
edited by Victoria Astra Ludlow on 6/17/2016

--
Please contact
Victoria Astra Ludlow, The Rebellious Flâneuse, a Glasslady and Insurgent
for compulsory nanty narking.
+1 link
CALLNXW
CALLNXW

6/17/2016
Blaine Davidson wrote:
He's in a wheelchair? When was this revealed about him?

Is it really that surprising? He's the kind of guy Call would break over her knee after an extended argument.

• --
    https://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/Call%20Now
  • -9 link
    narcomanic
    narcomanic

6/17/2016
    mzingalwa wrote:
    I'm a one issue voter and that one issue is "**** hell", so I'll be voting for the bishop.

Funnily enough, my one vote issue can be summed up with essentially the same wording, only with... slightly different emphasis. Let our votes decide!

--
    Cecilia Vass, a Shattering Force available for patronage. Warning: You will get stabbed. Take it as a compliment.

Currently rallying mobs for Feducci.
    +5 link
    Rackenhammer
    Rackenhammer

6/19/2016
    I myself will be casting a vote for this Chestertonian figure, if only because he is an homage to one of my all-time favorite authors. Plus, I think him the most level-headed of the bunch, and have a tendency to want to go against the "celebrity favorites." Finally, I just like to have the fellow about, as a debater myself.

--
    "DO NOT TRUST HAPPY ENDINGS. DO NOT FEAR SAD ENDINGS... NEITHER ARE ENDINGS."
    ~
    Mathieu Psmith: The Bard of Lost Children, loving husband, and a fixture of the artistic set. Can never resist making a show of things...

Irene Psmith: Adopted Daughter of Mathieu. Specializes in Information, Acquisitions, and the Acquisition of Information.

Vaughan Montblanc: Once a frontiersman of Western Canada, he now practices medicine in London. His discretion may be absolutely trusted.
    +2 link