Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Enlist other Players: the Singing Mandrake

Here you can find help from other players. Find a chess partner, someone to listen to your nightmares, or a clique.

Would a register of Seekers be useful? Messages in this topic - RSS

Esteban Delgado
Esteban Delgado

6/8/2016
As it appears SMEN is underway again (huzza!), would it be useful to have a compendium of that small percentage of insane characters who are Seeking the Name? Although I am myself of modest vintage, I have done some research into the history of this particular activity, and it appears that some advantage may be derived from having a circle of acquaintances specifically dedicated to this hopeless endeavour. In earnest of which, I append my profile.

--
I am Empty
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Esteban~Delgado
+2 link
The Master
The Master

6/8/2016
"Small percentage"...

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Lolwolfking
A very ruthless and daring doctor of the neath.

No more gift exchanges, im getting too many and I can barely hold these.
He has knowledge of a certain enigma, ask, you will get a clue.
+4 link
Kade Carrion (an_ocelot)
Kade Carrion (an_ocelot)

6/8/2016
I would like people who are willing to cheer us on by taking menaces . . .

--
Social Actions: send them to Kade Carrion (she/her; no Tournament of Lilies, please). an_ocelot has gone NORTH and cannot benefit from social actions!

Possibly-Useful Things: Spreadsheets and hints and link collections, oh my.
+1 link
NiteBrite
NiteBrite

6/8/2016
There is some advantage to having collaborators, but a public listing where you can also pick up Rivals is ill advised. Don't forget that time when
[spoiler]the fingerkings put a hit out on seekers so that non-seeker players could leave the royal Beth a little sooner provided their passed their menaces, amplified, on to seekers against their will.[/spoiler]

Basically have friends, but in general stay hidden from the public. Like I haven't lol, rip me :')

I'm a strong advocate of social play, but in the case of seeking I would strongly advise seekers themselves to seek out more discreet methods of finding friends, like private messaging.
edited by NiteBrite on 6/8/2016

--
I AM currently accepting calling cards.
Stats loss counter: reset, irrigo equivalent: none
[00:34] <@ortab> NiteBrite's laugh is that of a condemned soul gazing into the abyss.
Merciless Modiste avatar by Paul Arendt (based on an original image by Joe England)
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/TheBriteModiste
+6 link
malthaussen
malthaussen

6/8/2016
@ an_ocelot: Good point. While the content is inappropriate for Malthaussen's character (he doesn't do Faustian bargains), he would be more than happy to facilitate the madness of others. Bloody enabler, he is.

-- Mal

--
"Of two choices, I always take the third."
Will do all socials except Loitering or Private Evenings (all my Free Evenings are accounted for), and Affluent Photographer Betrayals only, please. I am not currently accepting calling cards.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/malthaussen
+1 link
absimiliard
absimiliard

6/8/2016
NiteBrite wrote:
Don't forget that time when
[spoiler]the fingerkings put a hit out on seekers so that non-seeker players could leave the royal Beth a little sooner provided their passed their menaces, amplified, on to seekers against their will.[/spoiler]

Salt, Storm, and Stone but that is an incredible story. If that happens this time hit me up for help with the nightmares, I'll do anything to oppose Them.

--
"Because, Parabola!" -- the Curious Captain
Eating nightmares from friends -- and I'm easy to befriend.
Absimiliard: the Black Rose of Wolfstack Docks
+1 link
RandomWalker
RandomWalker

6/8/2016
Drake Dynamo wrote:
Also, perhaps a register of non-seekers willing to boost now-crippled watchful stats

For the record, RandomWalker, Stroller, and Third Walker have no intention of seeking the name, but would be happy to cheer from the sidelines, and are always up for a game of chess or ten.
+1 link
Parelle
Parelle

6/8/2016
I am currently an accidental seeker (I clicked not-the-chestnuts). I plan to clear it if I can, and will provide assistance as asked.

--
Parelle, Lady Joseph Marlen. The Singular Librarian. A Midnighter, a Player of the Marvelous.
pages from a dusty bookshop: a badly updated FL changelog | Useful Guidance and Explanations
+2 link
ExceptionallyDelicious
ExceptionallyDelicious

6/8/2016
Parelle wrote:
I am currently an accidental seeker (I clicked not-the-chestnuts). I plan to clear it if I can, and will provide assistance as asked.

Have you found a way to clear it completely? I chose an option on the UP card that gave me 1 of SMEN and MM, and would love to clear it from my main. I do not have a ship, access to the LOT or MH, but everything else is fair game. Also not a PoSI.

--
Any and all social actions are appreciated, and most will be reciprocated.

DavidJ, a self reflection (main): http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/DavidJ

Damien Erebus, a broken man and aspiring spymaster: http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Damien%20Erebus
0 link
Bertrand Leonidas Poole
Bertrand Leonidas Poole

6/8/2016
NiteBrite wrote:
There is some advantage to having collaborators, but a public listing where you can also pick up Rivals is ill advised. Don't forget that time when

Basically have friends, but in general stay hidden from the public. Like I haven't lol, rip me :')

I'm a strong advocate of social play, but in the case of seeking I would strongly advise seekers themselves to seek out more discreet methods of finding friends, like private messaging.
edited by NiteBrite on 6/8/2016

How did that work? Did they put up a phantasmagorical illusionary sign in the lobby?
0 link
Sir Joseph Marlen
Sir Joseph Marlen

6/9/2016
Now that you mention it, having a list of people willing to help out may be beneficial for Seekers. They could private message the kind souls and get help where needed. Hmm, interesting idea.

--
Sir Joseph Marlen - The Romantic Sophist
Alexus Harven - The Defiant Fatalist
Rose Reinhelm - The Respectful Revolutionary
Cappuccino - The Perfidious Spycraft

Available for any and all social actions.
+1 link
malthaussen
malthaussen

6/9/2016
@Exceptionally Delicious: I believe under your circumstances the only resort is to await an Opportunity Card that will provide you with a good meal.

-- Mal

--
"Of two choices, I always take the third."
Will do all socials except Loitering or Private Evenings (all my Free Evenings are accounted for), and Affluent Photographer Betrayals only, please. I am not currently accepting calling cards.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/malthaussen
0 link
Mr. Secrets
Mr. Secrets

6/9/2016
I've thought about this before actually, and while I believe Seekers would do their best to hide their intentions, I believe. However, those who might be willing to aid in the Search could use a gathering place among the forums. Someplace that Seekers could come and anonymously find those willing to aid their search.

I suggest a club, something with a fancifully Bazaarian name. Say, the Neighborly Enabling Masked Society (NEMS -> SMEN).

--
Mr. Secrets - We Are In Our Ascendance. There Will Be Ten And Then All Shall Be Well And All Shall Be Well And All Manner of Things Shall Be Well.

The Straveling Solider - The Straveling Soldier, The Straveling Soldier hates and hates the beings Solar.
+1 link
Blaine Davidson
Blaine Davidson

6/9/2016
Given how I play my character she will not be Seeking the Name.

But she is more than willing to help whatever poor soul that has decided to. Feel free to add me to an assistance directory.

--
Blaine Davidson, a reserved and sensible woman with a fondness of collecting rarities.
0 link